Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Big Benefits Row Live

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Big Benefits Row Live

Old 05-02-2014, 09:26   #31
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: The Big Benefits Row Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
And I bet they moan at the people who ain't in work, calling them spongers and dossers etc.
Yeh, I forgot to put that in.

if all them benefits were took off that person. it would make a big impact on their life.

this scenario where people are working and receiving these benefits whilst they're working. are happening all over the country.
and a lot of them have the cheek to complain about the person taking only £70 in benefits is a sponger and all the rest.

An MP is quite happy to deflect attention away from themselves taking hundreds and thousands of pounds worth of benefits.
A worker is just as happy to do the same.
Whilst the rich tax dodgers are quite happy to just carry on with immunity.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2014, 10:50   #32
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

What is it that is that makes people so angry towards claimants? To the point where they oppose giving handouts in general? It can't be just the frauds only can it.

I've watched one episode of that Benefit Street, and I don't think it's representative of the majority obviously. But what if (taking that street) someone gets a job, they'll only likely be getting min wage, so they would end up getting less than what they are on benefits. So these people make a decision based on what is best for them, who wouldn't make the same choice if it means going to work but end up losing more. It's a catch 22 situation. How can you get out of the situation like that? If you're already in poverty why choose to go even lower?

Just call them **** and demand change whatever that is.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:53   #33
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What is it that is that makes people so angry towards claimants? To the point where they oppose giving handouts in general? It can't be just the frauds only can it.
I actually think a lot of people don't really know themselves why they're so angry towards them.
I always thought it was all about the money at first. but it can't be really.

some just want them to have nothing at all. so in that respect it's got to be what it looks like it's turning into. which is pure hatred.

and then you point to the source of it, and you get Dave.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:08   #34
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I actually think a lot of people don't really know themselves why they're so angry towards them.
I always thought it was all about the money at first. but it can't be really.

some just want them to have nothing at all. so in that respect it's got to be what it looks like it's turning into. which is pure hatred.

and then you point to the source of it, and you get Dave.
I have to agree with that. Along with maybe if they keep hitting these people then they'll leave the more 'comfortable' people alone. As those that are not affected by the cuts do seem to have the loudest voice.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:18   #35
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I have to agree with that. Along with maybe if they keep hitting these people then they'll leave the more 'comfortable' people alone. As those that are not affected by the cuts do seem to have the loudest voice.
I've always said it's been a smokescreen.
The "Hard Working People" is the divide and conquer magic chant.
he keeps telling us that it's what The British People want. we have to choose which side we belong to.

we choose the side that we feel are protected. Dave has assured us that if we join the right side we'll be rewarded when we go to heaven.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:51   #36
tizmeinnit

I have said all along its the Tories way of shifting the focus from government to the poor sick and unemployed. It gives the workforce a target for how they feel with the cuts etc which is not them
Old 10-02-2014, 21:59   #37
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66 View Post
We'll have to see if the Channel4 Benefits debate is any better.
Benefits Britain: The Debate 104 - Channel 4 HD Mon Feb 10, 2014 (10:00 PM)
Looks like it's now next monday, CH4 are milking Benefits Street with an update episode first.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote