Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Benefits Street

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Benefits Street

Old 19-01-2014, 20:42   #31
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Benefits Street

yip I agree it seems to be very one sided...I would like to have found out why they are there how they got there and did they ever have a job...basically some context...
Old 19-01-2014, 20:43   #32
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I think it would have been good if they filmed the working couple it would have been good to see what they thought of the street they lived in and generally give there point of view...
If I read it correctly they DID film the working couple but chose not to include them. More bias from the film makers?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 21:00   #33
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

You did read it correctly that is what I meant why would they have edited them out, surely it would have been good to see both sides the working and the unemployed points of view on the street. Example, the working family and their thoughts of the street, sorry I was was not clear I realized this when I looked at my post...
Old 25-01-2014, 13:16   #34
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-25894192

Quote:
Seven people have been charged with drug dealing offences after raids on James Turner Street in Birmingham.

Six of those charged live in the road - the subject of the Channel 4 documentary series Benefits Street - and one lives in Handsworth.

Officers said they recovered class A and B drugs during the raids in June. The raids came after concerns were raised locally, police said.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 13:21   #35
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

This happened in June last year?

have they only just been charged for it? and that's why the BBC published it. and you posted it here?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 13:24   #36
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

From the West Midlands Police link in the BBC Story

http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/l...ws.aspx?id=201

Quote:
After ongoing enquiries, on Wednesday 22 January 2014, seven people were charged with a number of offences and all have been bailed to appear before Birmingham Magistrates Court on 6 February.
Old 25-01-2014, 13:27   #37
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Ok.
well they're loved celebrities now.
and any action taken against them will be seen as (what's the word?) and will probably cause a riot
Old 25-01-2014, 13:42   #38
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

White Dee was on the phone to Clegg the other day, he was asked what he thought about Benefit Street, he replied 'I haven't read it.' Anyway, she's invited him round for a cuppa.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 13:44   #39
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
White Dee was on the phone to Clegg the other day, he was asked what he thought about Benefit Street, he replied 'I haven't read it.' Anyway, she's invited him round for a cuppa.
That was nice of her.
I reckon one or two of them will be on the next celebrity big brother.
Old 25-01-2014, 13:50   #40
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Or even the jungle. Definitely one of them, or maybe both?

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 13:52   #41
Gary L
cf.mega poster

All of them would be great!
Old 25-01-2014, 14:15   #42
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

The fee from that would affect their benefits entitlement.....
Old 25-01-2014, 17:14   #43
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The fee from that would affect their benefits entitlement.....
So no chance then
Old 25-01-2014, 20:58   #44
Gary L
cf.mega poster

They won't be on benefits.
they're celebrities.
Old 26-01-2014, 00:39   #45
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
They won't be on benefits.
they're celebrities.
That worked so well for Kerry Katona....