Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Celebrity big brother 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Celebrity big brother 2014

Old 03-01-2014, 21:34   #1
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Celebrity big brother 2014

Haven't seen a thread for this, launches tonight.

Mrs Satan, Liz Jones of the Mail is in there, ROFL.
Old 03-01-2014, 21:49   #2
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Celebrity big brother 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Haven't seen a thread for this, launches tonight.

Mrs Satan, Liz Jones of the Mail is in there, ROFL.
wouldn't have had you down as a big bro fan ,or are you just hoping for peak of Liz in a bikini
Old 03-01-2014, 22:06   #3
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
wouldn't have had you down as a big bro fan ,or are you just hoping for peak of Liz in a bikini
Correct, I'm not.

But Mrs Pierre is.

So I'm sat here on my fruit based tablet whilst all that is wrong with the world appears one sad git at a time on the TV.

But I did look up when they announced Liz Jones. I know it's wrong to hate...........
Old 03-01-2014, 22:14   #4
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Correct, I'm not.

But Mrs Pierre is.

So I'm sat here on my fruit based tablet whilst all that is wrong with the world appears one sad git at a time on the TV.

But I did look up when they announced Liz Jones. I know it's wrong to hate...........
I feel your pain
Old 05-01-2014, 10:08   #5
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
In her case it's very right to hate. Usual mix of z listers and people desperately trying to avoid the taxman.

But Lionel Blair??? Is he hoping to avoid the Saville related 6AM door knock everyone from his era seem to be getting?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 21:57   #6
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post

But Lionel Blair???
He's fff'in hilarious, it's extras all over again.
Old 29-01-2014, 23:00   #7
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends
Thatcherite loving Tory wins CBB.

Walkout over disabled audience member
In October 2003 it was reported that Jim refused to go through with a gig in Plymouth because there were wheelchair users sitting in the front row, and his routine included jokes about disabled people. A spokesperson for the venue said: "Jim Davidson apparently took exception to a number of wheelchair users in the front stalls of the Pavilions Arena. Mr Davidson cited the fact that a proportion of his act was aimed at disabled customers and that he would be unable to perform under these circumstances." This led to an Edinburgh Fringe show called The Jim Davidson Guide To Equality, performed by a wheelchair user who joked that he too would refuse to perform if Davidson was in the audience.

Ongoing sexism complaints
Jim has been accused on many occasions of being misogynistic, even inside the Celebrity Big Brother house. Luisa Zissman told him: "I just find it bewildering and struggle to find why you are voted to stay in when you are sexist and women predominantly vote. Because I'm a woman and you do put women down a lot and I find it quite offensive."

Ongoing racism complaints
In a recent podcast, Jim defended the perception of him as racist. He said of his past gags: "It was cartoon racism, with your uncles and aunties who would say, 'Here, I went down there the other day – full of f**king n**-n**s. You been to Woolwich? It gets dark at half past two in the afternoon.' It was that type of thing and those people would probably be the first people to help a black woman across the street." He added: "You know like with gay people sometimes they like to be called p***fs and sometimes they don't... it's all in the Protected Species Act nowadays." Speaking to Chortle, a spokesperson from an anti-racism charity responded: "No racism is ever acceptable. At the end of the day, Jim Davidson is just not funny any more."

Homophobia storm with Brian Dowling
If Jim had entered Celebrity Big Brother last year, as was initially planned, he would have come face-to-face with old foe Brian Dowling - who he previously faced on Hell's Kitchen back in 2007. Jim admitted to Brian that he was a "homophobic a**ehole", possibly as a joke - but he certainly unnerved him when he appeared to tease him about his sexuality. He asked "Are you on our side?" when referring to whether or not the former BB winner would be joining the girls or the boys' team, and also used the offensive term "shirt-lifter". Ofcom received 46 complaints, and Davidson walked out of the show. In a statement, ITV1 disowned his "unacceptable remarks" and the man himself admitted that he was asked to leave for saying ""racist, homophobic, sexist nasty things."

Rape joke scandal
It was alleged in the Nottingham Evening Post in December 2007 that Jim had caused offence with a joke about rape victims during a gig at the Newark Palace Theatre, with a review saying that he "did stray too far over line" at points. There is no record of him responding to the allegation.

Theatre bans
The Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury banned Davidson from performing with them last year, due to his track record of causing offence. A spokesperson said: "He can be very racist, he can be homophobic, he can be very unpleasant about people with disabilities." Jim, however, said in a BBC interview afterwards: "I'm fed up of being called racist, sexist and homophobic - I am not. Come and see me, judge me as what I am today, not in 1970. Don't fall into the trap of perception." He was also allegedly banned from a Norwich theatre after apparently being rude to staff.

Denied accusations of cancer jokes
Jim vehemently denied a report in 2006 that accused him of causing a woman to walk out of his show over jokes about cancer sufferers and the Damilola Taylor murder trial. He said that he would have expected a "mass walkout" if the former was true, and insisted his words had been taken out of context regarding the latter. ""My actual remark was that I thought the killers should be locked away forever. And if she objects to that then that is her prerogative," he is quoted as saying.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 00:43   #8
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Presumably you can give a link to the source of that copied and pasted article.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 11:30   #9
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

And the winner is JIM!

Stick that in your pipe PC people
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 12:18   #10
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Presumably you can give a link to the source of that copied and pasted article.
Go tae his Wiki page,it's filed under controversies.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Davidson_(comedian)
Old 30-01-2014, 12:20   #11
tizmeinnit

Re: Thatcherite loving Tory wins CBB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
Walkout over disabled audience member
In October 2003 it was reported that Jim refused to go through with a gig in Plymouth because there were wheelchair users sitting in the front row, and his routine included jokes about disabled people. A spokesperson for the venue said: "Jim Davidson apparently took exception to a number of wheelchair users in the front stalls of the Pavilions Arena. Mr Davidson cited the fact that a proportion of his act was aimed at disabled customers and that he would be unable to perform under these circumstances." This led to an Edinburgh Fringe show called The Jim Davidson Guide To Equality, performed by a wheelchair user who joked that he too would refuse to perform if Davidson was in the audience.

Ongoing sexism complaints
Jim has been accused on many occasions of being misogynistic, even inside the Celebrity Big Brother house. Luisa Zissman told him: "I just find it bewildering and struggle to find why you are voted to stay in when you are sexist and women predominantly vote. Because I'm a woman and you do put women down a lot and I find it quite offensive."

Ongoing racism complaints
In a recent podcast, Jim defended the perception of him as racist. He said of his past gags: "It was cartoon racism, with your uncles and aunties who would say, 'Here, I went down there the other day – full of f**king n**-n**s. You been to Woolwich? It gets dark at half past two in the afternoon.' It was that type of thing and those people would probably be the first people to help a black woman across the street." He added: "You know like with gay people sometimes they like to be called p***fs and sometimes they don't... it's all in the Protected Species Act nowadays." Speaking to Chortle, a spokesperson from an anti-racism charity responded: "No racism is ever acceptable. At the end of the day, Jim Davidson is just not funny any more."

Homophobia storm with Brian Dowling
If Jim had entered Celebrity Big Brother last year, as was initially planned, he would have come face-to-face with old foe Brian Dowling - who he previously faced on Hell's Kitchen back in 2007. Jim admitted to Brian that he was a "homophobic a**ehole", possibly as a joke - but he certainly unnerved him when he appeared to tease him about his sexuality. He asked "Are you on our side?" when referring to whether or not the former BB winner would be joining the girls or the boys' team, and also used the offensive term "shirt-lifter". Ofcom received 46 complaints, and Davidson walked out of the show. In a statement, ITV1 disowned his "unacceptable remarks" and the man himself admitted that he was asked to leave for saying ""racist, homophobic, sexist nasty things."

Rape joke scandal
It was alleged in the Nottingham Evening Post in December 2007 that Jim had caused offence with a joke about rape victims during a gig at the Newark Palace Theatre, with a review saying that he "did stray too far over line" at points. There is no record of him responding to the allegation.

Theatre bans
The Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury banned Davidson from performing with them last year, due to his track record of causing offence. A spokesperson said: "He can be very racist, he can be homophobic, he can be very unpleasant about people with disabilities." Jim, however, said in a BBC interview afterwards: "I'm fed up of being called racist, sexist and homophobic - I am not. Come and see me, judge me as what I am today, not in 1970. Don't fall into the trap of perception." He was also allegedly banned from a Norwich theatre after apparently being rude to staff.

Denied accusations of cancer jokes
Jim vehemently denied a report in 2006 that accused him of causing a woman to walk out of his show over jokes about cancer sufferers and the Damilola Taylor murder trial. He said that he would have expected a "mass walkout" if the former was true, and insisted his words had been taken out of context regarding the latter. ""My actual remark was that I thought the killers should be locked away forever. And if she objects to that then that is her prerogative," he is quoted as saying.

half of that is why he was really funny pre PC. I used to love the Chalky jokes
Old 30-01-2014, 12:22   #12
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

I'm glad he won.
Old 30-01-2014, 12:25   #13
tizmeinnit

I seen him at the old Coventry Apollo we were only kids and he toned it down for that show.( It was a Dunlop family show for Christmas) he did one of his acts with Zippy and George hilarious.
Old 30-01-2014, 12:27   #14
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: Thatcherite loving Tory wins CBB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
half of that is why he was really funny pre PC. I used to love the Chalky jokes
It was the chalky jokes that made Jim.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 13:32   #15
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I'm glad he won.
I'd imagine that the N.F./Ukip/BNP/Tory voters did tae.