Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | X Factor: 2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

X Factor: 2010

Old 09-08-2010, 19:32   #1
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie
X Factor: 2010

Starts 21st August at 8.30pm on ITV1!!, did it start this early last year?.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2010, 02:31   #2
Jameseh

Re: X Factor: 2010

I think they're starting it early as they want to avoid releasing the single on the week of the xmas number one to stop the criticism.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:51   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

2009 X Factor started on the 21st August

2008 series started on the 16th August

2007 series started on the 16th August

So its not any earlier than previous years at all. It will there for end in time for Xmas No1 as usual.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:12   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I think they're starting it early as they want to avoid releasing the single on the week of the xmas number one to stop the criticism.
Maybe if they lose the Christmas number one race again they will revise their scheduling.

Anyone remember the name of last years winner/loser and does he still have a recording contract.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 13:02   #5
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I don't think Simon Cowell cares that much. He still gets millions in royalties..

If he did, the xfactor would be broadcast either in the Summer or starting in January.

In fact, if Simon Cowell cared about his artists as much as he says, he would concentrate on marketing the ones he has rather than launching more series that are (despite claims to the contrary) merely clones of Pop Idol with some bells and whistles.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Maybe if they lose the Christmas number one race again they will revise their scheduling.

Anyone remember the name of last years winner/loser and does he still have a recording contract.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_McE..._Post-X_Factor

It was Joe McElderry, and while it says he is recording an album, I think the fact they don't seem to have released a follow up solo single and he is eight months into the contract speaks volumes. I understand he is recording an album, but he is being pushed in a market where if you don't release something regularly, you can be forgotten.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 13:24   #6
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

I think the same as you Stuart.

X-Factor got old after the 2nd series, mainly because its just the "people audition...someone wins...we never hear from them again" formula.

The only group that have had major success from TV Talent shows are Girls Aloud.

But I guess if Cowell still sees the cash, he's going to keep making more.
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 13:36   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post

It was Joe McElderry, and while it says he is recording an album, I think the fact they don't seem to have released a follow up solo single and he is eight months into the contract speaks volumes. I understand he is recording an album, but he is being pushed in a market where if you don't release something regularly, you can be forgotten.
I knew who it was but I expect him to disappear as the previous guy did.
Old 10-08-2010, 16:13   #8
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I knew who it was but I expect him to disappear as the previous guy did.
...and who was that? I actually can't recall any of the winner since that Leona Lewis, and I couldn't even tell you what year she won it ..they all just blur into one.
If they really cared about the Xfactor winner's careers, they would have the show every two years, or even like the world cup, every four years

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 16:19   #9
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
...and who was that? I actually can't recall any of the winner since that Leona Lewis, and I couldn't even tell you what year she won it ..they all just blur into one.
If they really cared about the Xfactor winner's careers, they would have the show every two years, or even like the world cup, every four years
Joe, I only know because he was on the news recently saying he'd "come out"

Im on it this year, keep an eye out everyone
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 16:28   #10
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Joe, I only know because he was on the news recently saying he'd "come out"

Im on it this year, keep an eye out everyone
Your now CF Under Cover Spy
Old 10-08-2010, 16:54   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Some Scottish guy who I cannot even be bothered to google as he was that bad.
Old 10-08-2010, 19:40   #12
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
2009 X Factor started on the 21st August

2008 series started on the 16th August

2007 series started on the 16th August

So its not any earlier than previous years at all. It will there for end in time for Xmas No1 as usual.
Well in that case where did the year go?!, it went so fast
Old 10-08-2010, 19:44   #13
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Leona is the only one who done really well out of it and set the bar for anyone coming on the show after that. Last years one was a joke with Jedward.
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 20:13   #14
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Alexandra seems to be doing very well in the charts these days, also JLS have had a number 1 god knows how many times and they are trying to break into America.
Old 10-08-2010, 22:41   #15
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Just looked up a list of winners on Wikipedia. Out of 18 winners (I am counting 1st, 2nd and 3rd places as winners), there are three that succeeded. JLS, Alexandra Burke and Leona Lewis.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote