Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Million Pound Drop

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Million Pound Drop

Old 26-05-2010, 22:59   #1
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
The Million Pound Drop

Will anyone ever win?
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2010, 23:00   #2
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie
Re: The Million Pound Drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Will anyone ever win?
Thank god you made the thread.

I hope someone wins soon, i wanted the last couple to win.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 23:01   #3
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
Thank god you made the thread.

I hope someone wins soon, i wanted the last couple to win.
me 2 but it will be really hard last question
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 23:02   #4
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
me 2 but it will be really hard last question
You got it right didn't you?
Old 26-05-2010, 23:03   #5
wwe
cf.mega poster

wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
You got it right didn't you?
yep
Old 26-05-2010, 23:04   #6
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

i still got my million in play
Old 26-05-2010, 23:15   #7
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I really felt sorry for that last couple who lost £525,000 on the last question.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 23:15   #8
wwe
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I really felt sorry for that last couple who lost £525,000 on the last question.
me 2
Old 26-05-2010, 23:27   #9
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

They will be fighting for the rest of there lives after that one. Can you imagine the convo going back home. Was it the girl in the end who was the one who answered the last one. It was lousy that they got to the last question and loas everthing

Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 23:55   #10
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

I call foul on the brand question. Starsburst briefly returned to opel fruits in 2008 so that was technically the last one to change the name

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 10:13   #11
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Caught the last half of the show by accident last night and although on one level I do have some sympathy for the couple, I just can't understand why they put the entire amount on an answer they weren't entirely sure about. Going for the biggest possible win at that point clearly cost them very dear when they could have easily walked away with over £250k by just hedging their bets and placing half the total pot on each of the two possible answers. I know what I'd have done....
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 10:51   #12
Sasha222
Inactive

I suppose when your in the game and under pressure then you are not in the same fram of mind if you were at home but I do agree with you that the safest bet would have put some on the two questions and then at least they would have walked away with something
Old 27-05-2010, 14:25   #13
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Caught the last half of the show by accident last night and although on one level I do have some sympathy for the couple, I just can't understand why they put the entire amount on an answer they weren't entirely sure about. Going for the biggest possible win at that point clearly cost them very dear when they could have easily walked away with over £250k by just hedging their bets and placing half the total pot on each of the two possible answers. I know what I'd have done....
They had been 'hedging their bets' throughtout their entire game, even on stupidly obvious answers but you have to leave one drop clear in the game, so if there's only two answers you have no choice but to gamble the lot

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 14:56   #14
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
They had been 'hedging their bets' throughtout their entire game, even on stupidly obvious answers but you have to leave one drop clear in the game, so if there's only two answers you have no choice but to gamble the lot
Aha... Well that explains it!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 18:00   #15
Sasha222
Inactive

Oh I didn't know that either