Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | virgin to scrap V PLUS CHARGE

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

virgin to scrap V PLUS CHARGE

Old 29-05-2007, 13:48   #76
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age
Re: virgin to scrap V PLUS CHARGE

off topic a a little bit here,but good news for SMS and SABS customers (langley platform).the migration to ICOMS is imminent which means these subs will then be able to have multiple V+ boxes on their account.the system as it is wont allow this.
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-05-2007, 14:47   #77
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downloads View Post
It's their standard price. The first time they waived it for me as i signed up to the VIP pack, the second time i only have to pay £25. People shouldn't moan about the costs. They should just call and sign up and get one for £25 now. It's simple as far as i am concerned and scandalously cheap.

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Yes, order now and order quickly. I've recommend anyone i know with VM to sign up now before it's too late. The VM employee i spoke to even said now was a good time to sign up before the price went up.
I didn't pay any installation charge. All I paid was the extra £10 for the V+ box and the additional £5 for the extra STB. But since I was already paying £15 for the extra STB - it cost me nothing.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbi View Post
If that's the case, I'm opening mine and shoving a huge HDD in there. Hurrah!
Then when it goes wrong you foot the repair bill?
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 15:15   #78
LostintheNW
Inactive

Services: Plenty thanks
LostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie_C View Post
I think I understand what you are asking!

If you don't want the recording function, they will probably replace your V+ with a V which doesn't have HD capability. In this eventuality, you will save £10 per month as you won't have to pay the V+ charge.

If you choose to keep the V+ and pay the £100, you will no longer pay the £10 per month V+ charge.

I agree with you that if you have had the V+ for some time there should be some 'reward' for this in terms of the £100 charge. Unlikely to see anything here unfortunately. I have had the V+ for over a year but still have to pay the £100 same as someone whose only had it for a short time.
Not fussed about the HD at the moment as we have one preview channel from the BBC which we should get as standard when its released anyway seeing as we pay our licence fee for this. As for the V+ functionality well can always pick up a cheap recorder elsewhere. I just think its underhand of them to do this and claim they are waiving the fee when in fact what does it cost them to provide this service? its built into the bl00dy software anyway! Anyone know how they plan to take this money off people as they can't simply whack it on your bill one month and expect everyone to be able to shell out this amount.

When it does get announced there will be a nice call to CS telling them where to go methinks
LostintheNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 15:52   #79
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

So new cutomers can pay a one off fee of £150.

I paid £75 install and so far £60 in subscription charges... an extra £100 doesn't seem quite right.
Andy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 17:49   #80
paul11974
Inactive

Services: xl phone & xl tv 2mb broadband £34.95pence
paul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of light

i wonder how long virgin will talk about it before they announce it ?
paul11974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 18:10   #81
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul11974 View Post
i wonder how long virgin will talk about it before they announce it ?
As they can't take any bookings till Friday, I doubt that they will announce it before then.
andrewbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 18:21   #82
Ernie_C

Services: Virgin Media Broadband M, TV XL, V+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheNW View Post
Anyone know how they plan to take this money off people as they can't simply whack it on your bill one month and expect everyone to be able to shell out this amount.
What has been leaked so far suggests that you will have to 'opt in' to pay the £100 and get rid of the £10 per month. If you don't 'opt in', you continue to pay the £10 per month as before. There is also a suggestion that you can 'opt in' and pay on easy terms rather than the £100 up front. The easy terms would be £10 per month for 12 months then you get to pay the £0 per month.
The only people who would not choose the latter would be those that didn't want to stick around with V+ beyond a year.
Old 29-05-2007, 19:33   #83
starsailor123uk
Inactive

starsailor123uk will become famous soon enoughstarsailor123uk will become famous soon enoughstarsailor123uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What has been leaked so far suggests that you will have to 'opt in' to pay the £100 and get rid of the £10 per month. If you don't 'opt in', you continue to pay the £10 per month as before. There is also a suggestion that you can 'opt in' and pay on easy terms rather than the £100 up front. The easy terms would be £10 per month for 12 months then you get to pay the £0 per month.
The only people who would not choose the latter would be those that didn't want to stick around with V+ beyond a year.
I think I made that suggestion but it was only my suggestion not VMs
starsailor123uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 23:43   #84
grabbi
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP, 42", DVD Rec, Xbox, PS2, 360, FreeSat.
grabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
Then when it goes wrong you foot the repair bill?
Oops. sorry. thought with the huge price, you might own it...

itd be nice to own one, but syncing a card would be hard.
grabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 11:20   #85
JG3870
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media (ex-Telewest) Broadband Size L/TV Size XL & V+ Box / Freesat
JG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Or people that are on tight monthly budget who can't afford £100 upfront cost
JG3870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 12:33   #86
Ernie_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3870 View Post
Or people that are on tight monthly budget who can't afford £100 upfront cost
Re-read my post and you will see that you didn't read it carefully enough the first time.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:39   #87
parpenbhwarg
Inactive

parpenbhwarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to parpenbhwarg Send a message via MSN to parpenbhwarg

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...rs/v_plus.html
parpenbhwarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:50   #88
LostintheNW
Inactive

Services: Plenty thanks
LostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation era

Ah not much point in me changing and paying the £100 upfront as my costs wont go down given that I am on the XL package for £85 a month where this cost is included.
LostintheNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:28   #89
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Ah not much point in me changing and paying the £100 upfront as my costs wont go down given that I am on the XL package for £85 a month where this cost is included.
agreed - is there any info on what they'll charge you if you want to change your 2nd box to a V+ box
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:31   #90
Ernie_C

Quote:
You're not reading it correctly! The table where it says 'included' for XL and £5 per month for M and L is AFTER you have paid the £100 service charge.

If you are on XL TV (not as part of a VIP package) then you can save £10 per month from your ongoing charges by paying the £100 service charge. You will also get a credit for any V+ charge you have paid in advance e.g. pay £100 today, get a credit for already billed V+ charges (in my case £13.33 for charges already billed up to 10 July) and then pay £10 less per month for the service.