Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | virgin to scrap V PLUS CHARGE

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

virgin to scrap V PLUS CHARGE

Old 26-05-2007, 12:31   #46
Downloads
Inactive

Downloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via ICQ to Downloads Send a message via MSN to Downloads
Re: virgin to scrap V PLUS CHARGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Can you give me a break down of that offer please? Is it an offer and not a standard price?
It's their standard price. The first time they waived it for me as i signed up to the VIP pack, the second time i only have to pay £25. People shouldn't moan about the costs. They should just call and sign up and get one for £25 now. It's simple as far as i am concerned and scandalously cheap.

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneC View Post
Daft question, would now be a good time to order a second V+ box or is it too late to beat the fee?
Yes, order now and order quickly. I've recommend anyone i know with VM to sign up now before it's too late. The VM employee i spoke to even said now was a good time to sign up before the price went up.
Downloads is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2007, 15:36   #47
starsailor123uk
Inactive

starsailor123uk will become famous soon enoughstarsailor123uk will become famous soon enoughstarsailor123uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downloads View Post
It's their standard price. The first time they waived it for me as i signed up to the VIP pack, the second time i only have to pay £25. People shouldn't moan about the costs. They should just call and sign up and get one for £25 now. It's simple as far as i am concerned and scandalously cheap.

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Yes, order now and order quickly. I've recommend anyone i know with VM to sign up now before it's too late. The VM employee i spoke to even said now was a good time to sign up before the price went up.
Beat what fee

if the proposal comes in and you have a V+ the post says you can either

continue to pay £10/15 per month

or pay £100 upfont
starsailor123uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 15:56   #48
SilverLady
Inactive

SilverLady is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you getting the £25 installation charge from. I've spoken to customer services, been transferred to sales and they will still only quote me £75 installation?
SilverLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 16:04   #49
Downloads
Inactive

Downloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via ICQ to Downloads Send a message via MSN to Downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLady View Post
Where are you getting the £25 installation charge from. I've spoken to customer services, been transferred to sales and they will still only quote me £75 installation?
I just called them, didn't ask for a deal or anything, that's what they quoted me. Might be because it's a second V+ box? Still it won't cost me anything extra soon hopefully.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsailor123uk View Post
Beat what fee

if the proposal comes in and you have a V+ the post says you can either

continue to pay £10/15 per month

or pay £100 upfont
The employee didn't say anything about a £100 fee, but CS have known to be wrong before! Still i won't be paying it, i wasn't informed of it.
Downloads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 16:36   #50
starsailor123uk
Inactive

starsailor123uk will become famous soon enoughstarsailor123uk will become famous soon enoughstarsailor123uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzie_uk View Post
V+ charge changes explained.......

As of 1st June, new customers will pay a £150 install/service charge.
XL TV customers will pay no monthly rental for the box
L and M customers will pay £5 per month

NO OTHER INSTALL FEE APPLIES

Existing customers have the option of migrating to the new plan, and paying £100 service fee, then they will pay the above line rental.

These prices mean that customers will save money within the year of taking the service out!

Right now, V+ customers pay a £75 install charge plus a £10 monthly rental (with TV Size: XL). That means in one year the customer will pay £195 for their V+ service (£75 + £120 = £195).

From 1 June a V+ customer (XL) will pay £150 install plus nothing every month. So in the first year they’ll pay £150 for their V+ service (£150 + £0 = £150).

So the customer will save £45 in the first year alone. Then each following year they’ll save an additional £120 in monthly rental fees.

The V+HD box is still rented from virgin media, meaning that if a fault occours it will be fixed or replaced, whereas Sky still cover their Sky+ box, and their seperate HD box with a 12month warranty then charge £99 (each) for another years cover or a £65 call out fee.

Sky+ service is also only free when you take out sports/movies, otherwise £10 month.

In almost all possible scenarios of customers having a V+ Box V Sky+ box, a saving is made of up to £20/month rental (TV size M V 2mixes), and a £9 up front saving is always made.

Compared with Skys HD box, a saving is always made everymonth up to £20 again, and you save £209 up front in all cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downloads View Post
I just called them, didn't ask for a deal or anything, that's what they quoted me. Might be because it's a second V+ box? Still it won't cost me anything extra soon hopefully.

From what I understand it will be £100 per box. I toohave two V+ boxes including one for over 12 months so very ****ed off

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

The employee didn't say anything about a £100 fee, but CS have known to be wrong before! Still i won't be paying it, i wasn't informed of it.
From what I understand it will be £100 per box. I toohave two V+ boxes including one for over 12 months so very ****ed off

Might be because they dont know

Might be because they have change the proposal since Sky+ revised pricing

Might be because they dont want the hassle today ( its another CS problem when you tried and get it later!)
starsailor123uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 17:57   #51
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

has this been offically annouced anywhere yet?
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 18:04   #52
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: virgin to scrap V PLUS CHARGE

The info is on VM internal site
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 18:21   #53
LostintheNW
Inactive

Services: Plenty thanks
LostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation era

Hold on I am going to have to pay £100 upfront now seeing as I have one V+ box which we got when we moved on to the nice XL package. They cannot just add a £100 cost without any prior notice like this, i am not paying again for this considering the £10 V+ fee is included in the price i pay for this tv package. If this is true then I'll be cancelling VM as this is out of order
LostintheNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 18:26   #54
Ernie_C

Services: Virgin Media Broadband M, TV XL, V+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheNW View Post
Hold on I am going to have to pay £100 upfront now seeing as I have one V+ box which we got when we moved on to the nice XL package. They cannot just add a £100 cost without any prior notice like this, i am not paying again for this considering the £10 V+ fee is included in the price i pay for this tv package. If this is true then I'll be cancelling VM as this is out of order
As I understand it, you are paying £10 per month for V+ just now. You can choose to continue paying £10 per month for it or a one off charge of £100 then nothing a month for as long as you have the V+.
Old 26-05-2007, 20:29   #55
Akia

Here's a quick summary of the charges.

If your on the VIP Pack nothing will change for you you will carry on paying £85 a month. If you've got more than one box you'll pay £5 per month for each extra box.

If you've already got the V+ but not on the VIP pack again nothing will change you will carry on paying the monthly rental. BUT you are given the option of paying a £100 service fee and then after that the there will be no box rental.

From the 1st July. If you want a V+ box you will have to pay £150 install charge but theres no ongoing monthly rental.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

oh and you still don't own the box, so if it develops a fault Virgin will repair it.
Old 26-05-2007, 22:17   #56
JG3870
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media (ex-Telewest) Broadband Size L/TV Size XL & V+ Box / Freesat
JG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to behold

It'll be nice to pay £10 less per month for the V+ box but this £100 upfront cost is a lot of money to shell out in one go especially if your on a tight monthly budget
JG3870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 22:31   #57
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysheff View Post
Here's a quick summary of the charges.

If your on the VIP Pack nothing will change for you you will carry on paying £85 a month. If you've got more than one box you'll pay £5 per month for each extra box.

If you've already got the V+ but not on the VIP pack again nothing will change you will carry on paying the monthly rental. BUT you are given the option of paying a £100 service fee and then after that the there will be no box rental.

From the 1st July. If you want a V+ box you will have to pay £150 install charge but theres no ongoing monthly rental.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

oh and you still don't own the box, so if it develops a fault Virgin will repair it.
what is your on the VIP package on you want to change your 2nd box to a V+ box
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 22:34   #58
Akia

Quote:
Originally Posted by welwynrose View Post
what is your on the VIP package on you want to change your 2nd box to a V+ box
ahh not sure but i'm guessing you'd have to pay £5 because even if your not on the VIP and you pay the £150 install any additional box's are £5 so reackon it will be the same.
Old 27-05-2007, 11:46   #59
paul11974
Inactive

Services: xl phone & xl tv 2mb broadband £34.95pence
paul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of light

is this £100 added to the virgin bill or can we pay via debit / credit card ?
paul11974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 12:14   #60
quadplay
Inactive

Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array

You have to pay it by debit/credit card, there's no option to get it added to the bill.
quadplay is offline   Reply With Quote