Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Consumer 4G launching October 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Consumer 4G launching October 2016

Old 07-11-2016, 14:47   #76
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Consumer 4G launching October 2016

Shame that all current 3G customers don't transfer over to 4G.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2016, 15:00   #77
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

All new Pay Monthly customers or existing customers taking out a new Pay Monthly phone deal will be 4G only.

All other existing Pay Monthly customers have options of getting 4G.
Old 07-11-2016, 17:17   #78
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Called in to our local Virgin store in Hounslow today and opted for the £9 4G tarrrif and they gave me the new sim there and then. I was the first customer sign up for 4G.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 23:23   #79
alexcopeland
Inactive

Services: Talk Weekends SupreFibre 70
alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold

Was originally on 3G and signed into the Virgin website. Got a 4G sim card coming in the post in the next few days. Was paying £13 per month and now opted to pay just a couple of quid more. Looking forward to experiencing 4G on Virgin.

The wife is on EE 4G so it'll be interesting to compare the two as we both use an iPhone.
alexcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:39   #80
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I managed to fill a dorm in at work so I can get 4G. Will take a while for sim to arrive
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:28   #81
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Just noticed 08 numbers are no longer inclusive
Old 08-11-2016, 11:47   #82
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Just noticed 08 numbers are no longer inclusive
I think 080 numbers are included.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:53   #83
jb66
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I think 080 numbers are included.
Yeah 080 is free on all networks
Old 08-11-2016, 14:40   #84
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Shame that all current 3G customers don't transfer over to 4G.
my thoughts exactly, im out of contract soon might give them a call and see what they can do, of hold on to see if they offer a migration type offer
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 14:53   #85
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

As I said above, all 3G Pay Monthly customer can move to 4G.

It's not going to be automatic as the tariffs are different and you physically neeed a new SIM.
Old 08-11-2016, 15:05   #86
jb66
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
As I said above, all 3G Pay Monthly customer can move to 4G.

It's not going to be automatic as the tariffs are different and you physically neeed a new SIM.
Even non freestyle contracts?
Old 08-11-2016, 15:29   #87
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

For non-freestyle contracts the rules are that you can move to a tariff that was available for your handset at the time you took the contract out.

To move to a newer 3G tariff or now a 4G tariff, the option available is that once you're out of a minimum term you can renew to a new deal and get the new tariff.

If you're under a minimum term for a non-Freestyle contract you have to pay the remainder.
Old 08-11-2016, 18:35   #88
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
For non-freestyle contracts the rules are that you can move to a tariff that was available for your handset at the time you took the contract out.

To move to a newer 3G tariff or now a 4G tariff, the option available is that once you're out of a minimum term you can renew to a new deal and get the new tariff.

If you're under a minimum term for a non-Freestyle contract you have to pay the remainder.
So is that why when i log into my Virgin mobile account and i see
Get 4G on your phone with a simple tariff change. It’s as easy as pie

and i click on the big red button next to it that says "check out 4g tariffs"

i get directed to the old 3g tariffs with no option to get 4g or even see the 4g tariffs ,am i missing something or is Virgin mobile broke again
Old 08-11-2016, 19:33   #89
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Sim only deals very tempting as currently on EE - cheaper and 30 day contract.

However no tethering is annoying and EE provides up to 60 meg 4G and Europe data allowance.

Need to have a think about it!
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 19:36   #90
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
So is that why when i log into my Virgin mobile account and i see
Get 4G on your phone with a simple tariff change. It’s as easy as pie

and i click on the big red button next to it that says "check out 4g tariffs"

i get directed to the old 3g tariffs with no option to get 4g or even see the 4g tariffs ,am i missing something or is Virgin mobile broke again
I had to phone them up as the site was so full of 'oops something went wrong
' errors when I tried to use it.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote