Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Thinking of joining Virgin mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Thinking of joining Virgin mobile

Old 05-10-2017, 20:17   #1
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point
Thinking of joining Virgin mobile

My wife is thinking of dumping O2 to join Virgin, the offer they have on for the Samsung 8 seems ok, though it's with a 36-month contract.I know a few people will have had a bad experience but on the whole, will it be a good move and are they any good? Thanks in advance.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2017, 21:48   #2
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Thinking of joining Virgin mobile

I have no problem with VM mobile but then again I have no experience of other mobile contracts so maybe I'm not the best to advice.
Old 05-10-2017, 22:20   #3
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Virgin use the EE network, so you could get a free EE PAYG sim to check signal. O2 tends to be a more robust signal indoors due to the frequencies their network uses.

On another note, Ofcom had banned 3 year contracts - when did that change?
https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...year-contracts
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 22:36   #4
trublue
cf.addict

Thanks for the quick replies gents.Inactive Digital, I am with EE, so the signal isn't a problem.
It clearly states on Virgin mobile page a 3year option along with a 2year option.If it's banned how can they advertise it?I will have to look into that.
Old 06-10-2017, 00:10   #5
batchain
cf.addict

batchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
Thanks for the quick replies gents.Inactive Digital, I am with EE, so the signal isn't a problem.
It clearly states on Virgin mobile page a 3year option along with a 2year option.If it's banned how can they advertise it?I will have to look into that.
It's a 2 or 3 year interest free loan for the phone and a 30 day rolling pay monthly airtime contract
batchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:57   #6
trublue
cf.addict

Thanks for the explanation batchain.