Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 03-06-2016, 12:15   #3076
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I dunno if I should be happy about this or not but I made the trainee podiatrist pass out at the foot clinic today - the poor woman saw my leg wound and that was that (don't worry no piccys here) Natalie was there too
Just because I'm a trouble maker, I'd complain about her. No matter what state your feet and/or legs are in, that is not a professional response.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2016, 18:40   #3077
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I've come to the conclusion I need to meet new people
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:08   #3078
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Go to use the strimmer today and the line's run out, So I have to traipse up to B&Q and pay a fortune for a few pence worth of nylon line.
Old 05-06-2016, 13:18   #3079
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l got through to the relevant secretary via a email as l tried to get through by phone but its impossible to get through so l voiced my ongoing concerns in the email to the consultants secretary about the delays in my ICD procedure so hopefully l should get a reply but l don't hold much hope that its going to done any quicker but at least l can try.

Highlighting your situation with the head honcho never hurts. They're not constantly monitoring what's happening to all their patients and you might be pleasantly surprised at what happens. The thing is, you now have it on record and there can be no excuses for further delays etc. If you don't hear back within a few days, I would follow it up. To be fair to them, they have no idea of what toll all this is taking on you unless they're informed of it. They'll certainly want to avoid a problem, especially having been warned of it in writing. Best of luck Den.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Go to use the strimmer today and the line's run out, So I have to traipse up to B&Q and pay a fortune for a few pence worth of nylon line.
Try somewhere like B&M or Home Bargains?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 14:23   #3080
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post

Try somewhere like B&M or Home Bargains?
Yep, if I'd known it was about to run out I'd have got some on-line. Just because I needed it immediately and B&Q are local.
Old 06-06-2016, 14:27   #3081
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Yep, if I'd known it was about to run out I'd have got some on-line. Just because I needed it immediately and B&Q are local.
Oh right. When I bought my petrol strimmer/multitool a couple of years ago I bought about 90m of the stuff - only used about a foot to date

It's so tough that there's virtually nothing in our gardens that it'll break on.

Last edited by Osem; 06-06-2016 at 14:32.
Old 06-06-2016, 14:35   #3082
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Well I'm trying to feel my 'buzz' sensation in my fistula but I can't find it - the nurse did so apparently it's there but I can't feel it at all which worries me. If it's not there I have to have my fistula re done I suppose I should trust the nurse.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 14:39   #3083
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Well I'm trying to feel my 'buzz' sensation in my fistula but I can't find it - the nurse did so apparently it's there but I can't feel it at all which worries me. If it's not there I have to have my fistula re done I suppose I should trust the nurse.
My late father's use to buzz quite loudly (wrist). Quite an odd thing to remember.

I hope yours is good enough not to have it redone anyway.
Old 06-06-2016, 14:45   #3084
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Oh right. When I bought my petrol strimmer/multitool a couple of years ago I bought about 90m of the stuff - only used about a foot to date

It's so tough that there's virtually nothing in our gardens that it'll break on.
There's 30m on the roll and I only needed about 4 to fill up the split spool so perhaps it's not so expensive. Still £6 seems a lot for a bit of nylon thread.
Old 06-06-2016, 14:50   #3085
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
There's 30m on the roll and I only needed about 4 to fill up the split spool so perhaps it's not so expensive. Still £6 seems a lot for a bit of nylon thread.
Yes huge mark-up. Mine's 2.4mm and comes on 15m rolls.
Old 06-06-2016, 19:09   #3086
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

People who park fully on the pavement, while sitting in their car, blocking a public footpath, causing me to have to manoeuvre my mobility scooter on to a busy main road to be able to go around them whilst putting myself at risk
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 19:23   #3087
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Yes I remember I had to do that on many occasions when my children were young and I had to go round their vehicle with the silver cross pram. I have one word for them and that is IDIOTS.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Painkillers and anti sickness tablets don't seem to be doing any good atm thankfully I have a doctors appointment first thing tomorrow morning. It's a weird pain just under my ribs and right hand shoulder. I have been sick for most of the day but still no relief from the pain. I swear it feels like someone is squashing my ribs it's that bad
Old 06-06-2016, 19:28   #3088
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Painkillers and anti sickness tablets don't seem to be doing any good atm thankfully I have a doctors appointment first thing tomorrow morning. It's a weird pain just under my ribs and right hand shoulder. I have been sick for most of the day but still no relief from the pain. I swear it feels like someone is squashing my ribs it's that bad
Right hand side suggests it's not a heart issue, more likely gall bladder. Get the quack to check it out.
Old 06-06-2016, 19:32   #3089
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

That's what I get when I google it gall bladder honestly whatever it is it's blooming painful and I thought I had quite a high pain tolerance that is until now. I'm seeing the doctor at 09.10 tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2016, 19:34   #3090
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Sorry about your pain, Weenie, it must be awful, Hope you get help from the doctor, Gall bladder can be so severe at times , Let us know how you get on. Take Care
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote