Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 07-02-2019, 18:11   #511
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I'm with Russ on this too.

I think it's a sad state of affairs. Then you get sites even like this one where you can't really say what you want. Can't mention Trump, can't mention guns. When you stand back and look at how sad things are it is quite worrying just how further it's going to go. What a bunch of snowflakes. Pathetic.
What are you talking about?

Trump can be mentioned, as can guns be given we do have several threads on them, however posts which suggest actual living people should be shot, are definitely and quite rightly not permitted as the last time I looked, it was a crime shooting and killing people, you cannot have posts which allow people to suggest certain people should be shot, you have got a little mixed up with what is not allowed on here I think.

On Trump, we are a UK based forum, I am not having a forum thread dedicated to him through his entire tenure of President of the United States - we did not have one for Obama, and Bush, we are not having one on Trump. Anyone is free to bring up Trump in a topic, we're just not having an entire forum thread on him forever and this decision is final.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2019, 18:13   #512
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
You're making things go backwards for everyone else. But you don't see that do you.
Nope, because you're wrong.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 18:18   #513
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
What are you talking about?

Trump can be mentioned, as can guns be given we do have several threads on them, however posts which suggest actual living people should be shot, are definitely and quite rightly not permitted as the last time I looked, it was a crime shooting and killing people, you cannot have posts which allow people to suggest certain people should be shot, you have got a little mixed up with what is not allowed on here I think.

On Trump, we are a UK based forum, I am not having a forum thread dedicated to him through his entire tenure of President of the United States - we did not have one for Obama, and Bush, we are not having one on Trump. Anyone is free to bring up Trump in a topic, we're just not having an entire forum thread on him forever and this decision is final.
It's okay Mick. Everyone is aware your decision is final. We all pander around you and your ways and no we can't say what we want. Please don't take that the wrong way. Just an honest reply.

Last edited by peanut; 07-02-2019 at 18:22.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 18:19   #514
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
So could it be that your disability clouds your judgment and means you (incorrectly) assume that any criticism aimed at you is purely because you have said disability?
It's certainly possible, which is why I always get a third party to check what has been written before taking any action. Criticism can certainly be disability discrimination if no account is taken of the persons disability when they express themselves.

Since learning that you have autism, I view you and what you say differently, in the same way that I would have more compassion and understanding for someone with dementia who constantly repeated themselves ad infinitum (as opposed to doing it on purpose).
Old 07-02-2019, 18:20   #515
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It's certainly possible, which is why I always get a third party to check what has been written before taking any action. Criticism can certainly be disability discrimination if no account is taken of the persons disability when they express themselves.

Since learning that you have autism, I view you and what you say differently, in the same way that I would have more compassion and understanding for someone with dementia who constantly repeated themselves ad infinitum (as opposed to doing it on purpose).
Oh dear.
Old 07-02-2019, 18:24   #516
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Oh dear.
Oh dear what?
Old 07-02-2019, 18:24   #517
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It's okay Mick. Everyone is aware your decision is final. We all pander around you and your ways. Please don't take that the wrong way. Just an honest reply.
No it is not okay - You have not answered my question - why are you suggesting something is not allowed on here when it is and if you're really pandering to me, (that's a new one on me, as I have never experienced such a thing ever on here) then I would like an answer???
Old 07-02-2019, 18:26   #518
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Yeah you might want to sack that person.

Quote:
And the fact you see nothing wrong with what you’ve just posted is a fantastic example of why so many people find it difficult/impossible to take you seriously in this.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Quote:
Nope, because you're wrong.
#CircularReasoning

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 18:26   #519
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No it is not okay - You have not answered my question - why are you suggesting something is not allowed on here when it is and if you're really pandering to me, (that's a new one on me, as I have never experienced such a thing ever on here) then I would like an answer???
You're right it's not okay. If I treated you like anyone else or if anyone else did how long would they last here. Kind of apt for this discussion. And if it's new to you then that's a new one on me.

Last edited by peanut; 07-02-2019 at 18:29.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 18:31   #520
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Yeah you might want to sack that person.

And the fact you see nothing wrong with what you’ve just posted is a fantastic example of why so many people find it difficult/impossible to take you seriously in this.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

#CircularReasoning
I have every confidence in the people who help me and, up to press, they have served me well.

An explanation of what you mean by your second paragraph would be appreciated.
Old 07-02-2019, 18:35   #521
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
I have every confidence in the people who help me and, to press, they have served me well.
If you feel you need someone to “filter” your posts can you honestly say that makes you a good judge of whether they’re successful?

Quote:
An explanation of what you mean by your second paragraph would be appreciated.
If you genuinely need an explanation then I’d say it’s pretty likely you’ll never understand. Some people (not myself) would be insulted and offended at what you posted. Perhaps they’d be able to use this new legislation against you for it?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 07-02-2019, 18:37   #522
peanut
NUTS !!

RichardCoulter - Hence my Oh dear. Yet you can't see it can you.
Old 07-02-2019, 18:47   #523
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
If I treated you like anyone else or if anyone else did how long would they last here. Kind of apt for this discussion. And if it's new to you then that's a new one on me.
Have I banned people for simply disagreeing with me do you mean?

The answer is no.

You still have not answered my question above, I am not being, as you suggested earlier, being "pandered" to.

I don't force people to log in to this forum every day, but while they do, I do expect them to pander to the rules and respect other people who post here and that includes me and the other team members, those that struggle to do this, then yes, they have a short lifespan and by raising this - I am not suggesting for one minute this is what you're doing here right now, you're asking a legitimate question, which deserves a legitimate answer. I asked you a legitimate question above... one would appreciate your legitimate answer. Fairs fair, right ?
Old 07-02-2019, 18:57   #524
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It was ignored because this matter was resolved last August; if you still have an issue with this, I suggest that you contact Mick.

I do agree that anyone can suffer at the hands of others (and there are remedies open to those that do), but, it is more likely and is more problematic for the vulnerable in society.

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Of course it is, I am severely disabled and have suffered from harrassment etc.

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Parliament is the place that decides what is right and wrong and legislates accordingly.

If a black man is subject to racist comments, should an establishment get rid of him if he complains?

It is myself and many others who have ensured that, going forward, people will have formal redress should they experience issues on the internet. It's going to happen whether you like it or not.
Actually I didn't take it as resolved. You personally accused me of something I didn't do and threatened legal action because I was asking you for evidence which you wouldn't provide (it didn't exist). I decided to leave the matter to the mods to deal with because I couldn't be bothered with the routine as I had other important matters to deal with. The point being, it's just not vulnerable people that need protecting and the case above which was my example proves this. I personally did nothing wrong and was threatened with legal action.

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

Quote:
It's okay Mick. Everyone is aware your decision is final. We all pander around you and your ways and no we can't say what we want. Please don't take that the wrong way. Just an honest reply.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 18:57   #525
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

again

Vote #AnyoneButTory