Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 13:59   #8251
thebarron
Inactive

Services: VM 10mb, phone
thebarron is on a distinguished roadthebarron is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
What happened to the pdf on https://secure.wikileaks.org/wiki/Image:BT_Report
Image:BT Report

No file by this name exists, you can upload it.
Links

There are no pages that link to this file.
Also since the register had its mention here about the leaked report that has also vanished.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04...rm_2006_trial/
404: Page Not Found

Hi there. Maybe you typed in the wrong URL, or hit on a bad link. Or maybe the page you thought you were going to read no longer exists in our database.

If you think we've got something wrong please email webmaster@theregister.co.uk noting exactly where you found the bad link.

Smells of Corporate cover up to me...

It's here

http://secure.wikileaks.org/wiki/Bri...idation_report

and here

http://file.sunshinepress.org:54445/...eport-2007.pdf
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2008, 14:00   #8252
BadPhormula
cf.addict

BadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfProtection View Post
On this I totally disagree, Alex your family comes first they are the future, we are the present & need to prepare our offspring properly for their own future.

Short term gain and long term Loss is not a very good strategy.
Okay I never expected Alex to consider my sage tongue in cheek advice seriously, just a thought for him to consider.

[ Msg for the thought police ] I wasn't seriously planning on melting K~nt's car with thermit, just thinking aloud! Btw if someone does go after his pride and joy with a set of keys or a screwdriver down both sides (boot, bonnet, roof, wheels, front grill -- have I missed a part?) of his motor, and signs it with my nym, similar typos, spells, grammar etc IT WASN'T ME!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 14:01   #8253
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Privacy_Matters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Links

Also since the register had its mention here about the leaked report that has also vanished.

Hi there. Maybe you typed in the wrong URL, or hit on a bad link. Or maybe the page you thought you were going to read no longer exists in our database.
The Register Article is still there - the link above is faulty.
Old 06-06-2008, 14:05   #8254
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:

Links

If you think we've got something wrong please email webmaster@theregister.co.uk noting exactly where you found the bad link.

Smells of Corporate cover up to me...
http://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/Britis...idation_report
Old 06-06-2008, 14:06   #8255
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Thanks for that I was starting to get paraniod that Bt were closing all bad publicity down..

Suprised at the heavy handed attack on Alex though totally out of order since following the discussion they could see he had mentioned how he had interprited it.. which is another meanng for his opinion which we are all alowed to have.

Hope they are ready to start to answer questions truthfully as it will happen sooner or later this badphorm experience will need to be explained the longer BT try to cover the more damage they do to them selves.
Old 06-06-2008, 14:10   #8256
oblonsky
Inactive

oblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicus View Post
I've been rather busy of late and not been able to keep up with this Phorm debate - thanks to all those that have - but it seems things have been going the way one would expect and to quote the immortal words of Mahatma Gandhi "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Hopefully the end is not too far away
Or as I posted on Badphorm Sun Mar 09 2008, 11:17PM
Quote:
The three L's of the PR disaster:

1. Lie Low (or just Lie)
2. Love (Hi This is Phorm Tech Team here and we're happy to...)
3. Litigate
Old 06-06-2008, 14:19   #8257
icsys
Inactive

Services: Virgin - BB,TV,Phone Sky box - with no sub Freeview - idtv
icsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really nice

Quote:
I agree Alex did the honerable thing we still wait for BT to do the same.

if you wish to listed to Emma again here on BBC news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/new...news=1&bbcws=1
It is noted how Emma's voice begins to quiver when asked uncomfortable questions and in commendable style, glosses over them.
She, and perhaps Kent, should be invited back onto C4 news, a few more pertinent questions and grilling from Jon Snow should really bring out the best in them.

Krishan Guru-Murthy wasn't forceful enough last time.

Does anyone know if C4 news have details of the leaked BT trial document?
Old 06-06-2008, 14:19   #8258
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Alex

Just want you to know that I am behind you all the way. In fact, if BT want to shoot you down - they can have a shot at me too.

There are 10's of thousands against Phorm - everyone stand up now, and give a message to BT. Everyone stand together in this, and give your support to Alex.

If they want to action this exposure - put them in the position that the only place big enough to prosecute us all will be at Wembley Stadium.

BT and Phorm have been caught; and any threat they make should be to us all.
Old 06-06-2008, 14:27   #8259
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

interesting, had wondered why i had no alerts abouts post on the forum and found BT had been bouncing them in the bulk folder????

also the replies from bt to my questions seem to have disappeared out of my inbox on my webmail???

i noticed this a few weeks back as well, not sure whats going on but time to do some digging, any other BT users noticed similar??

not that i am paranoid of course (he says looking over his shoulder in case a phorm or BT employyee stood behind him watching him type this)
peter
Old 06-06-2008, 14:32   #8260
oblonsky
Inactive

oblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
interesting, had wondered why i had no alerts abouts post on the forum and found BT had been bouncing them in the bulk folder????

also the replies from bt to my questions seem to have disappeared out of my inbox on my webmail???

i noticed this a few weeks back as well, not sure whats going on but time to do some digging, any other BT users noticed similar??

not that i am paranoid of course (he says looking over his shoulder in case a phorm or BT employyee stood behind him watching him type this)
peter
This has been also raised on Badphorm, where emails seemingly with anti-phorm footers were ALLEGEDLY going to junk folder, and other ALLEGED funnies.

http://badphorm.co.uk/e107_plugins/f...pic.php?3325.0

Disclaimer: I can't vouch for the above... Personal opinions, blah blah...
Old 06-06-2008, 14:35   #8261
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

It is at times like this I enjoy my domain name emails all personal or emails that could be to someones advantage to dissapear go to my domain name BT has no access to them

Hope you downloaded copies to your pc for future referance.
Old 06-06-2008, 14:38   #8262
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Maybe a bunch of the anti phorm domains have been added to spam blacklists either by BT/Phorm as part of the PR or by "fans" (people like HamsterWheel) of Phorm.

A lot of people have said they have not received signup emails to the nodpi.org forums (yet they worked fine for me during testing) so it is not inconceivable that spam blacklist warfare may have been used.

NOTE TO PHORM/BT : This is not an accusation nor is it defamation, it is merely me suggesting possible reasons for the issue :p

Alexander Hanff
Old 06-06-2008, 14:44   #8263
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblonsky View Post
This has been also raised on Badphorm, where emails seemingly with anti-phorm footers were ALLEGEDLY going to junk folder, and other ALLEGED funnies.

http://badphorm.co.uk/e107_plugins/f...pic.php?3325.0

Disclaimer: I can't vouch for the above... Personal opinions, blah blah...
just tested as suggested over on badphorm, anything that has the badphorm .co.uk tag in it is dumped in bulk

interesting

just the word phorm goes through ok

further testing

badphorm.co.uk = bulk
badphorm.co = bulk
badphorm.=bulk
badphorm = delivered inbox

hmm ???
Old 06-06-2008, 14:46   #8264
Phormic Acid
Inactive

Services: Still to decide on Aquiss or Be
Phormic Acid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPhormula View Post
Another one of my posts deleted This is getting to be a regular thing these days.
Don’t feel too bad. Given my lower post count, I probably have an even higher deletion ratio than you. My post only contained a quote from nodpi.org, the text of which I see is still there on Alex’s site. Although, I can well understand Mike not wanting it on this forum, even as a quote; leaving it could put him in the legal firing line.

Alex, please don’t take this the wrong way, but you might be better running your more explosive conclusions by a few other people, before publishing. While you may be working mostly alone, you can be sure Phorm aren’t. I’m sure they have meetings of top bods: one or more board members, top employees and representation from Phorm’s PR agencies and solicitors. They may even have sections of their meetings that specifically address the ‘Alex Issue.’
Old 06-06-2008, 14:48   #8265
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
A lot of people have said they have not received signup emails to the nodpi.org forums (yet they worked fine for me during testing) so it is not inconceivable that spam blacklist warfare may have been used.
Same problem here Alex. No email received
Closed Thread