Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 22-04-2019, 08:31   #646
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Please will everyone post technical info in the CORRECT sections of the site..it's will make it easier for those using the site seeking information on a particular issue. This is not such a thread.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:19   #647
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

There was mention of the ITV Hub app (the actual app, not a Hub labelled folder tile/shortcut) being added the other day. I speculated at the time that because we have the STV Player app in Scotland we wouldn't be getting it. However it occurred to me there might be a flaw in my thinking.

That, glaringly obvious, flaw is ITV being more than one channel and STV Player not covering ITV2/ITV3/ITV4/ITVBe/CITV.

There is hardly likely to be a restricted version of the Hub app, only for Scotland on VM, just covering those channels, and I find it unlikely that ITV would want to keep having Folders on VM's systems when the rest of the UK on VM is getting it direct from them on the internet.

I can definitely see VM wanting all the catch-up services delivered via apps rather than them hosting them, it gives them less to deal with and passes the responsibility elsewhere. They can then then concentrate on delivering other on-demand content.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 13:41   #648
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The final series of Game of Thrones has now started on Sky Atlantic.

Whilst I don't care for it myself, it is undoubtedly an extremely popular series for them, possibly might even be the most popular on their platform.

In order to drive up their own subscriptions, I wonder if Sky are waiting until this series has ended before letting SA onto other platforms and that the end date for GOT will be when we finally see SA added to VM??

Anyone know when it ends?
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 14:00   #649
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough

In about 6 weeks.
Khenryashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 14:27   #650
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khenryashley View Post
In about 6 weeks.
I read that their are 13 episodes, so more like 12 weeks time.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 14:30   #651
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I read that their are 13 episodes, so more like 12 weeks time.
You read wrong. Season 8 is 6 episodes, no more.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 14:54   #652
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Isn't there going to be a Game of Thrones spinoff ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 14:56   #653
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Isn't there going to be a Game of Thrones spinoff ?
Yes. One, maybe two. I think the one that has been given the go-ahead is a prequel series, set a long time before the current one.
Old 22-04-2019, 15:06   #654
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

What has Game of Thrones got to do with “coming soon to Virgin Media”. There’s no indication it is.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 15:15   #655
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough

2837E05C-E73F-424D-9F13-6EB62E5DBF1B.jpeg

Yes. 6 episodes. My bad.
Khenryashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 15:22   #656
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
What has Game of Thrones got to do with “coming soon to Virgin Media”. There’s no indication it is.
It's because Richard was using the end of Game Of Thrones as a yardstick for Virgin Media getting Sky Atlantic. Many have reasoned that VM won't get SA until it's finished. The subsequent replies are simply answering his question and drifted off a little.

I vaguely recall the previous Sky Basics agreement being said to be up in May...so it's reasonable to think the replacement agreement, including Sky Atlantic, will come into place around the time Game Of Thrones finishes.
Old 22-04-2019, 16:31   #657
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
You read wrong. Season 8 is 6 episodes, no more.

Must say I was a little surprised (pleasantly so) as I originally thought series 8 was only 6 or 7 episodes.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 17:07   #658
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
It's because Richard was using the end of Game Of Thrones as a yardstick for Virgin Media getting Sky Atlantic. Many have reasoned that VM won't get SA until it's finished. The subsequent replies are simply answering his question and drifted off a little.

I vaguely recall the previous Sky Basics agreement being said to be up in May...so it's reasonable to think the replacement agreement, including Sky Atlantic, will come into place around the time Game Of Thrones finishes.
Exactly right, cheekyangus. I believe the existing deal expires at the end of the football season. I'd certainly expect an announcement on what the new deal comprises before the end of May.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 17:15   #659
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

Yep, Sky said that Sky Atlantic would be offered to "all major platforms in 2019" as they seek to "monetise their assets" and as the final series of Game of Thrones ends about the same time as the VM carriage contract expires, I think if we are ever going to get SA, it will be then.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 17:41   #660
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Exactly right, cheekyangus. I believe the existing deal expires at the end of the football season. I'd certainly expect an announcement on what the new deal comprises before the end of May.
Source?

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Quote:

And entirely speculative.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote