Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 14:06   #1111
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Debit card and email address. Meaning, just as a hypothetical example you understand (!), that if you have more than one current account or, for example, your wife has a differently numbered card for the same account, and you have access to more than one email address, you can access more than one free trial.

I am also led to believe that the same is true of Netflix!
Netflix have got wise to it as i discovered haha tried to create new account all ok for 2 days then got a message on Netflix account saying "Account suspended you've already had a free trial please update payment details to continue viewing"
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2014, 17:12   #1112
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Debit card and email address. Meaning, just as a hypothetical example you understand (!), that if you have more than one current account or, for example, your wife has a differently numbered card for the same account, and you have access to more than one email address, you can access more than one free trial.

I am also led to believe that the same is true of Netflix!
Thanks for the info. It's not difficult to use an alternative bank account or create a new email address
Old 12-12-2014, 09:58   #1113
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

All episodes of Marco Polo now streaming on Netflix
Old 13-12-2014, 16:27   #1114
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Stumbled across this today on the internet, it can test out the quality of your Netflix Connection:

Example short 23.976.

Apparently, if you play this video on Netflix you will see a series of odd miscellaneous clips.

This article explains how to decipher the numbers at the top left hand side of the screen. Not used it myself as I don't have Netflix.

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/netflix-streaming-test/

Let me know how you get on
Old 13-12-2014, 16:38   #1115
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Stumbled across this today on the internet, it can test out the quality of your Netflix Connection:

Example short 23.976.

Apparently, if you play this video on Netflix you will see a series of odd miscellaneous clips.

This article explains how to decipher the numbers at the top left hand side of the screen. Not used it myself as I don't have Netflix.

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/netflix-streaming-test/

Let me know how you get on
It's been available on US Netflix for a long time and often referenced on US forums as a way to check the stream quality. It works well; it's actually a text overlay on the video with the relevant info on.

But some devices, Tivo included (or used to anyway; rarely use Tivo now for Netflix), let you press an info button that gives you the bitrate that you are receiving. The top rate for non 3D titles is 5800kbps.
Old 13-12-2014, 19:03   #1116
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
It's been available on US Netflix for a long time and often referenced on US forums as a way to check the stream quality. It works well; it's actually a text overlay on the video with the relevant info on.

But some devices, Tivo included (or used to anyway; rarely use Tivo now for Netflix), let you press an info button that gives you the bitrate that you are receiving. The top rate for non 3D titles is 5800kbps.
Thanks for the info. Seems it's not needed in the UK then, but just out of interest, is the test video available on the UK Netflix service?
Old 13-12-2014, 20:41   #1117
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Cheers MM, would rather read respected works about his antics though. Hope others enjoy it.
Old 13-12-2014, 22:21   #1118
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

What's that world box app on the TiVo? Is that the app to watch TV from around the world? Anyone used it or have any info on it?
Old 13-12-2014, 23:24   #1119
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I usually like period pieces like The Borgia and Vikings so assumed I'd enjoy this. Watched the first episode and found it boring. Will give the second episode a try however I'm not holding out much hope. Story and characters a little flat for me.
Old 13-12-2014, 23:37   #1120
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
What's that world box app on the TiVo? Is that the app to watch TV from around the world? Anyone used it or have any info on it?
There's been something posted in the 'Coming Soon' thread regarding what's available on it
Old 14-12-2014, 01:15   #1121
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I usually like period pieces like The Borgia and Vikings so assumed I'd enjoy this. Watched the first episode and found it boring. Will give the second episode a try however I'm not holding out much hope. Story and characters a little flat for me.
I know what you mean, but I found that you get used to the style of the production as you watch more episodes and come to appreciate the slower pace. I've now seen all ten episodes; binge watched over two days and I really hope they make a second season.
Old 14-12-2014, 02:18   #1122
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Netflix want new original content every 3 weeks http://time.com/3625164/netflix-originals-three-weeks/
Old 14-12-2014, 12:06   #1123
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
To be honest haven't watched it yet although the reviews seem very mixed. I've been catching up with the final season of 'The Newsroom' on Sky Atlantic looking forward to the final episode its been excellent.
Old 14-12-2014, 13:31   #1124
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
There's been something posted in the 'Coming Soon' thread regarding what's available on it
Ah! Excellent. Cheers
Old 14-12-2014, 15:26   #1125
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
I've been catching up with the final season of 'The Newsroom' on Sky Atlantic looking forward to the final episode its been excellent.

What a shame it is the final season; it's almost criminal that it is ending. Last Wednesday's brilliant episode, in particular, got me missing it already.
Closed Thread