Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 13-07-2014, 19:10   #1681
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

As good as any poll

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-28279790
Old 13-07-2014, 19:44   #1682
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Pretty much backs up all the mock referendums and public votes held in schools, universities and at tough mudder that have all said a no vote is the most likely outcome.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 20:11   #1683
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
The GuessNP really are getting beyond parody now.

Quote:
British spies may have orchestrated the abusive messages sent to JK Rowling after she spoke out against independence, a leading SNP politician has claimed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ian-warns.html

Strangely enough

"The leaked document details a range of programs designed to collect and store public postings from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ and to make automated postings on several of the social networks."

I'm not for a second suggesting it has happened in the Rowling situation but it is doable and can be done should it suit GCHQ and the Intelligence Services.
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 07:13   #1684
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post

Strangely enough

"The leaked document details a range of programs designed to collect and store public postings from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ and to make automated postings on several of the social networks."

I'm not for a second suggesting it has happened in the Rowling situation but it is doable and can be done should it suit GCHQ and the Intelligence Services.
I don't doubt the technology, but reasoning behind the SNP claim is still rediculous.
Old 15-07-2014, 07:47   #1685
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

In your estimation, perhaps. However, given what's at stake many won't find it too much of a stretch.
Old 15-07-2014, 11:38   #1686
RizzyKing

Sooner this is over the better the longer it goes on the more dirty it's getting and the more the nats are stoking anti english sentiment making relations between england and scotland harder in the future. They may be using the term "westminster" a lot but it isn't taking much reading between the lines to see their real meaning and i'm getting a bit sick and tired of being the bad guy in something that to be honest i am past caring about go, stay it's all the same to me at this point.
Old 15-07-2014, 14:52   #1687
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Did they cover what happens when the oil runs out?
I didn't see anything, but there again I was only half watching it whilst replying to emails.

If this is the case, a yes vote may economically benefit England as we we won't have to plough money into Scotland to replace the lost revenue, despite having reaped the benefits of the oil for many years.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 15:08   #1688
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I am NO person & my family all feel the same, Salmon cannot be trusted one bit,
Better the Devil, than the devil you don,t know. Be sensible Vote NO
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 16:00   #1689
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Has Salmond proved that it is not a huge risk for Scotland to vote Yes?

I don't think he has....
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 23:06   #1690
Mr Angry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Oops. Remember how Alex 'I'm right, you're wrong' Salmond has been banging on about an independent Scotland immediately giving up a chunk of its independence by walking into the EU on its terms? It seems like the new EU boss has other ideas.

It's even funnier as a week ago they were hailing him as the greatest thing ever as he would be more receptive to iScotland and it's EU plans. Awkward.
I see Herr Juncker's office has now clarified that he wasn't at any stage referencing Scotland.

"New European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker was not referring to Scotland when he said there would be no new members of the EU in the next five years, BBC Scotland has learned.

Opponents of Scottish independence had seized on his remarks to the European Parliament to back their campaign
They said it proved that, if Scotland were to vote to leave the UK, it would not get back into the EU before 2019.

But a spokeswoman confirmed that he was talking about countries outside the EU."
Old 15-07-2014, 23:09   #1691
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I see Herr Juncker's office has now clarified that he wasn't at any stage referencing Scotland.

"New European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker was not referring to Scotland when he said there would be no new members of the EU in the next five years, BBC Scotland has learned.

Opponents of Scottish independence had seized on his remarks to the European Parliament to back their campaign
They said it proved that, if Scotland were to vote to leave the UK, it would not get back into the EU before 2019.

But a spokeswoman confirmed that he was talking about countries outside the EU."
He was referring to comments he made today. Not the comments he made about Scotland not getting fast-track entry. The SNP are already spinning it to seem that way but they're two different issues.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 23:15   #1692
Mr Angry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
He was referring to comments he made today. Not the comments he made about Scotland not getting fast-track entry. The SNP are already spinning it to seem that way but they're two different issues.
He has clarified that he wasn't referencing Scotland. That was my point.
Old 16-07-2014, 06:15   #1693
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
He has clarified that he wasn't referencing Scotland. That was my point.
Yes but he clarified he wasn't referencing Scotland in remarks he made yesterday, not the remarks you quoted.
Old 16-07-2014, 06:31   #1694
Mr Angry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Yes but he clarified he wasn't referencing Scotland in remarks he made yesterday, not the remarks you quoted.
I didn't quote any remarks he may or may not have made. The article snippet which Derek provided contains no quotes from Mr Juncker as far as I can see.

Either way Damien, he has clarified he was not referencing Scotland when he was talking about no new entrants over the next five years, a point relevant to both sets of "comments" I think you'll agree.
Old 16-07-2014, 08:39   #1695
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I didn't quote any remarks he may or may not have made. The article snippet which Derek provided contains no quotes from Mr Juncker as far as I can see.

Either way Damien, he has clarified he was not referencing Scotland when he was talking about no new entrants over the next five years, a point relevant to both sets of "comments" I think you'll agree.
No. You quoted a article about Junker indicating that Scotland would not have fast-track entry into the EU. The comments you posted in relation to that, about Junker was not 'at any stage referencing Scotland', was nothing to do with the article you had quoted. Junker was clarifying remarks he made yesterday, not about fast-track entry, but about a 5 year freeze on new members.

The position he took in the article that Derek posted has not changed recently. So all I did was highlight that they're two different sets of comments and scenarios. No one has actually talked about the '5-year freeze' because that was only spoken about yesterday.