Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connecting to Virgin Media WiFi Hotspot on PC?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Connecting to Virgin Media WiFi Hotspot on PC?

Old 15-07-2020, 19:38   #1
Matthew S
cf.member

Matthew S is an unknown quantity at this point
Connecting to Virgin Media WiFi Hotspot on PC?

Hi all. Hoping someone can offer some help. I'm a VM customer and thanks to a broken cable our entire service is out. However, I am within range of a VM Wifi hotspot.

I can get mobile devices connected with the VM Connect app, however I can't work out how to connect a Windows 10 PC. I can see the hotspot, but my username and account details don't work and I can't find any guidance anywhere on the VM site. My PC doesn't play nice with tethering, so that isn't an option.

Can anyone share any help?
Matthew S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2020, 20:54   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Connecting to Virgin Media WiFi Hotspot on PC?

I would hazard a guess that in order to use the wifi hotspots you need to use the app as their are other protocols and security services running in the background on top of a simple username and password. That being said you would be expected to be able to connect on a window 10 laptop which is also a mobile device so have you had a look to see if there is a windows app you can download to establish the connection just like the android/ios version?

Update: Just done a very quick google, look at the last post in this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...3844090/page/2

Last edited by General Maximus; 15-07-2020 at 21:00.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 22:50   #3
Matthew S
cf.member

Matthew S is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Connecting to Virgin Media WiFi Hotspot on PC?

Cheers Maximus. I managed to find that thread and it does appear to work, though can be rather hit and miss. It seems the Connect app is IOS or Andriod only.
Matthew S is offline   Reply With Quote