Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 05-04-2020, 13:24   #2281
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Ahhh right. That is a good plan like. I can never get platinums, I think I only ever got one. I don't have my PS4 now, I sold it to my brother cause I never used it.
The reason I went to a PS4 was my partner's son has one, but to be honest I can't see myself going back to Xbox anytime soon as I am deep in the PlayStation echo system now and there are far more first party games that I want to play and can't think of any on the Xbox.

Are you going to buy the XSX? I will likely get the PS5 even though the XSX is a little more powerful, but I am interested to see if the IO and double the SSD speed makes a difference compared to the XSX?

At the end of the day both next gen consoles will be awesome!

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Still on CIV 6.
When I was playing games like that I would spend hours and hours at a time on it, but that was when I didn't have any responsibilities like bills etc, that was for mum and dad!
Old 05-04-2020, 13:34   #2282
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The reason I went to a PS4 was my partner's son has one, but to be honest I can't see myself going back to Xbox anytime soon as I am deep in the PlayStation echo system now and there are far more first party games that I want to play and can't think of any on the Xbox.

Are you going to buy the XSX? I will likely get the PS5 even though the XSX is a little more powerful, but I am interested to see if the IO and double the SSD speed makes a difference compared to the XSX?

When I was playing games like that I would spend hours and hours at a time on it, but that was when I didn't have any responsibilities like bills etc, that was for mum and dad!
Only playing it for a couple of hours a couple of times a week now but l have worked out what does work and what does not work.

Indeed bills always first thing on the list along with food on the table.
Old 05-04-2020, 14:13   #2283
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

I'll probs stick with Xbox as my main. I would like to get a PS5 too though. I wish I kept my PS4 though because there is some games I'd of liked to play.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 14:57   #2284
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I'll probs stick with Xbox as my main. I would like to get a PS5 too though. I wish I kept my PS4 though because there is some games I'd of liked to play.
You could buy up cheap digital PS4 games when you see them and play on the PS5, as there can be some super digital bargains out there and it is easy to purchase on alternative country playstores.
Old 08-04-2020, 18:16   #2285
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

So I decided to get an Xbox again after a break of about 3 years so now I'm flipping between GTV, CODs Advanced warfare, Infinite Warfare and Ghosts, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Forzar 4 and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 20:07   #2286
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Got my first platinum trophy the other day from Duke Nukem 3D 20th anniversary edition.

Also just completed Darksiders 3, doubt I'll get platinum for that. It's so hard in places.

Also playing a lot of COD Warzone.
Old 08-04-2020, 20:21   #2287
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l remember playing Duke Nukem when it was on the PS1 when it first came out.
Old 08-04-2020, 20:27   #2288
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Got my first platinum trophy the other day from Duke Nukem 3D 20th anniversary edition.

Also just completed Darksiders 3, doubt I'll get platinum for that. It's so hard in places.

Also playing a lot of COD Warzone.
Well done, you may get the Trophy bug now like i did!

If you enjoy Assassins Creed games they're great for Platinum but take a while, Spiderman was good too.
Old 08-04-2020, 20:47   #2289
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l remember playing Duke Nukem when it was on the PS1 when it first came out.
I first played it on PC when it first came out.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Quote:
Well done, you may get the Trophy bug now like i did!

If you enjoy Assassins Creed games they're great for Platinum but take a while, Spiderman was good too.
I always enjoy AC games but have never ever completed one lol.

I have most of Spiderman, a few left as well as a few DLC ones.
Old 08-04-2020, 22:22   #2290
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Rebought Black Flag and Unity just for the trophy as both mega cheap digital, unfortunately it looks like I will have to play a little co op to complete!
Old 08-04-2020, 23:03   #2291
cimt

I finished Black Flag but found it hard to get into. I enjoyed Unity when they fixed it, thought it was very underrated. One I haven't played is Rogue which is supposed to be good. I might get it whilst it is on offer.
Old 09-04-2020, 00:45   #2292
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Even though Unity is older than Syndicates I think the graphics look awesome on my Pro.

I know nothing about Rogue, isn't it different to regular AC games?

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

Edit

I see Rogue is a PS3/360 game only.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:14   #2293
cimt

It was released the same time as Unity for last gen. You play as a templer though. It should be on PS4, it's one XO and Switch.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:54   #2294
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
It was released the same time as Unity for last gen. You play as a templer though. It should be on PS4, it's one XO and Switch.
I see it's been remastered for the PS4, but it is something I could consider when it gets mega cheap as it is £25 on digital and disc is a no go now, I got both Black Flag and Unity for just £14 in the digital sales.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:03   #2295
cimt

It is 12.49 on Xbox atm, I assume it'll be similar on PSN when it goes on offer.