Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Closed Thread

Old 21-12-2019, 15:37   #2026
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Prophesied by the guy who said we would not even get past the first stage of negotiations with the EU!

When are you going to ditch your negative outlook and actually try to understand how many times you have been wrong on this?
It's meant to be funny, but I'm not sure I've been wrong on anything as it's all opinions until it happens.
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2019, 15:42   #2027
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
With all due respect, lots of people have been wrong from both sides. It's not just a one person/side thing.
Yes - but when it's prayed in aid by a still bleating Remainer, then the choice of quote kind of matters.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 21-12-2019, 19:56   #2028
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Yes - but when it's prayed in aid by a still bleating Remainer, then the choice of quote kind of matters.
“Dogma demands authority, rather than intelligent thought, as the source of opinion; it requires persecution of heretics and hostility to unbelievers; it asks of its disciples that they should inhibit natural kindliness in favor of systematic hatred.”

~ Bertrand Russell
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 21-12-2019, 20:58   #2029
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
“Dogma demands authority, rather than intelligent thought, as the source of opinion; it requires persecution of heretics and hostility to unbelievers; it asks of its disciples that they should inhibit natural kindliness in favor of systematic hatred.”

~ Bertrand Russell
If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance with his instincts, he will accept it even on the slenderest evidence.

~ Bertrand Russell
Old 22-12-2019, 13:45   #2030
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

A bit harsh on yourself, but you* said it, not me...

*well, BR did, actually...

Last edited by Hugh; 22-12-2019 at 14:00.
Old 22-12-2019, 14:29   #2031
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
A bit harsh on yourself, but you* said it, not me...

*well, BR did, actually...
Except that I was referring to Andrew's persistent negativity when it comes to all things Brexit.

The opportunities I can see from leaving a failing, bureaucratic and undemocratic EU and entering into new trading arrangements with the US, India, China, African and Australian/Asian and Commonwealth countries indicate that Brexit will turn out to be the best decision the electorate have ever taken. I have been listening to all the arguments, but frankly, neither I nor the majority of the electorate, see a more convincing argument to stay in the EU.
Old 22-12-2019, 14:49   #2032
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Except that I was referring to Andrew's persistent negativity when it comes to all things Brexit.

The opportunities I can see from leaving a failing, bureaucratic and undemocratic EU and entering into new trading arrangements with the US, India, China, African and Australian/Asian and Commonwealth countries indicate that Brexit will turn out to be the best decision the electorate have ever taken. I have been listening to all the arguments, but frankly, neither I nor the majority of the electorate, see a more convincing argument to stay in the EU.
But isn't that just your opinion? Yes some of that opinion might be based on facts but so are the other sides opinions. None of us will know who is right or whether both are partly right/wrong till after it happens. Some people see it as a good thing, others don't. It's getting boring when people belittle other people's opinions on something that hasn't happened yet and frankly is one big guess at the minute. That goes for both sides too.
Old 22-12-2019, 15:06   #2033
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
But isn't that just your opinion? Yes some of that opinion might be based on facts but so are the other sides opinions. None of us will know who is right or whether both are partly right/wrong till after it happens. Some people see it as a good thing, others don't. It's getting boring when people belittle other people's opinions on something that hasn't happened yet and frankly is one big guess at the minute. That goes for both sides too.
The difference being Andrew loves to quote and link to experts so his opinion is put forward as fact thanks to their opinions. As you well know remainers have frequently put forward opinion as fact.
Old 22-12-2019, 15:08   #2034
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Exactly. As my post #2026 says, it's all opinions until it happens although obviously some opinions can be more informed than others.
Old 22-12-2019, 15:30   #2035
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The difference being Andrew loves to quote and link to experts so his opinion is put forward as fact thanks to their opinions. As you well know remainers have frequently put forward opinion as fact.
As do other people on the other side of the fence. It's not just a one man or one side thing. Anyway I'll leave it at that as it's going off topic.
Old 22-12-2019, 15:31   #2036
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Exactly. As my post #2026 says, it's all opinions until it happens although obviously some opinions can be more informed than others.
But if the information its formed on is based solely on your agenda it is meaningless.

Thankfully we have now moved on from all the speculation, more informed or otherwise.
Old 22-12-2019, 15:57   #2037
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The information you receive is to be of questionable sources that purely have a one sided agenda. Were these the same sources that said, right after a leave vote 500,000 jobs would be lost, but as time went on, 500,000 were never lost!?!?

Forecasts are just that, forecasts, they have been wrong many many times.

We are not doing these arguments anymore, it's a bit late actually, we are finally leaving the corrupted EU, democratic vote of 2016 finally respected again, by a brand new parliament, many of the treacherous MPs who tried to thwart the 2016 EU Referendum result, royally fired by the electorate.
Old 22-12-2019, 16:32   #2038
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The information you receive is to be of questionable sources that purely have a one sided agenda. Were these the same sources that said, right after a leave vote 500,000 jobs would be lost, but as time went on, 500,000 were never lost!?!?

Forecasts are just that, forecasts, they have been wrong many many times.

We are not doing these arguments anymore, it's a bit late actually, we are finally leaving the corrupted EU, democratic vote of 2016 finally respected again, by a brand new parliament, many of the treacherous MPs who tried to thwart the 2016 EU Referendum result, royally fired by the electorate.
Thankfully the electorate ( those who the remainers called uneducated uninformed etc) have returned a Government who will implement the will of the people and in no uncertain terms.

All the remainers have achieved is 3 1/2 yrs time and money wasted. I hope they are happy.
Old 22-12-2019, 17:26   #2039
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

Interesting you mention the undemocratic EU in one breath, then entering into new trading arrangements with China - cognitive dissonance, much?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the joke.jpg (4.2 KB, 90 views)
Old 22-12-2019, 18:08   #2040
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:

Interesting you mention the undemocratic EU in one breath, then entering into new trading arrangements with China - cognitive dissonance, much?
Failing to see the connection between a perceived "undemocratic EU" and China. China isn't the one looking to continue to set rules in the UK. All in the name of a "level playing field", whatever the EU defines that to be. Only the EU would even think of imposing such restrictions on another country.
Closed Thread