Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stream my shows to a PC/Laptop

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Stream my shows to a PC/Laptop

Old 24-04-2020, 17:09   #1
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Stream my shows to a PC/Laptop

Question, I can and have watched programs I have recorded on my TiVo V6 on a tablet.

Can I stream this to my Laptop?

I have been furloughed and as my mum is in a nursing home I want to spend time downstairs with my dad.

That way he can watch his shows I can watch mine.
Old 24-04-2020, 17:48   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Stream my shows to a PC/Laptop

If it's not possible just install that other app on your tablet that i mentioned in the other thread and you will have everything you need.
Old 24-04-2020, 17:48   #3
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

You can watch live channels and on-demand shows on PC. I don't think you can do it with recordings unfortunately.

I'm a little confused why you can't continue using the tablet downstairs with your dad? Is it simply because laptops have larger screens?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 17:48   #4
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Most of the channels are available live via VirginTVGo which you can also watch on a desktop/laptop https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 17:51   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
You can watch live channels and on-demand shows on PC. I don't think you can do it with recordings unfortunately.

I'm a little confused why you can't continue using the tablet downstairs with your dad? Is it simply because laptops have larger screens?

My tablet is a 10".

I have a 17" laptop and a 19" screen connected to it.
Old 24-04-2020, 18:04   #6
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My tablet is a 10".

I have a 17" laptop and a 19" screen connected to it.
Understandable you'd want to then.

I'd like to stream recordings too, as the app doesn't work on all the tablets in the house, unlike the Go app.
Old 24-04-2020, 19:36   #7
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

what's wrong using virgin tv go app at least that's what I think it's called . works for me. including my recording.
Old 24-04-2020, 19:50   #8
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
what's wrong using virgin tv go app at least that's what I think it's called . works for me. including my recording.

Its for Win 10, I'm on 8.1
Old 24-04-2020, 20:10   #9
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Its for Win 10, I'm on 8.1
If you want the free upgrade that was supposed to end in 2016 is still available.

I won't be using it as I'll go over to Linux when Windows 7 ESU ends in 2023.

Here's the details re Win 10 free upgrade.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-...ws-10-upgrade/
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 20:21   #10
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Have you tried the browser version?
Link

Does any version of TV Go allow you to watch recorded programmes?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 20:49   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You can still only stream recordings from the V6 to the Android or iOS TV Control apps.
Old 24-04-2020, 20:51   #12
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Have you tried the browser version?
Link

Does any version of TV Go allow you to watch recorded programmes?
I was thinking of the browser version when I said what I did in my above post.

As far as I know no version of the Go service allows access to VM V6 Tivo recorded shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I forgot there was a Windows app
Old 24-04-2020, 21:09   #13
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

The confusion seems to be that the TV Go App is related to VM TV independent of any STB, whereas TV Control is linked to STBs.

TV Control doesn't have a Windows version. Don't know whether using an Android emulator on Windows might work?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 21:21   #14
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The confusion seems to be that the TV Go App is related to VM TV independent of any STB, whereas TV Control is linked to STBs.

TV Control doesn't have a Windows version. Don't know whether using an Android emulator on Windows might work?
Should do, BlueStacks perhaps?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 09:30   #15
cobson
cf.member

cobson is an unknown quantity at this point

I've tried several Android emulators including Bluestacks and even a native boot into Bliss OS, but streaming doesn't work with any of them.
cobson is offline   Reply With Quote