Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media UK Make Changes to Protect 100,000 Vulnerable Users

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media UK Make Changes to Protect 100,000 Vulnerable Users

Old 28-08-2019, 18:29   #16
martkt10
cf.member

martkt10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media UK Make Changes to Protect 100,000 Vulnerable Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't view Virgin's packages as being a rip-off. Far from it. TV service including Sky Cinema, Sky Sports and BT Sport, 500Mb broadband, free landline calls and a SIM with benefits, all for £99 per month.

Look at Sky's charges for the closest they can get to the provision of these services and you will see what a rip-off looks like.
Well clearly you know someone in virgin media, as my 83 old mother is paying £82 for xl tv , tivo she doesn't use, she has enough problems working out how to use the tv, 100 meg broadband and anytime phone, which she now hardly uses now,
Sounds to me virgin might be saying one thing, but where is the proof they are really doing it ?
martkt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2019, 21:54   #17
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by martkt10 View Post
Well clearly you know someone in virgin media, as my 83 old mother is paying £82 for xl tv , tivo she doesn't use, she has enough problems working out how to use the tv, 100 meg broadband and anytime phone, which she now hardly uses now,
Sounds to me virgin might be saying one thing, but where is the proof they are really doing it ?
If she receives certain benefits then it's really worth looking into BT Basic. Unlike VM, it's actually cheap and while the speed/cap isnt great it's usually enough for the silver surfers.

https://btplc.com/inclusion/Products...asic/index.htm
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 16:33   #18
martkt10
cf.member

martkt10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
If she receives certain benefits then it's really worth looking into BT Basic. Unlike VM, it's actually cheap and while the speed/cap isnt great it's usually enough for the silver surfers.

https://btplc.com/inclusion/Products...asic/index.htm
Thank you
martkt10 is offline   Reply With Quote