Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky sports 1 hd some weird shape

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Sky sports 1 hd some weird shape

Old 31-08-2014, 09:18   #31
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice
Re: Sky sports 1 hd some weird shape

It seems to me nuts to look at Virgin or Sky customers for the internet streams most of it is originating in America on NBC sports, who have every game available, are the Premier league going to stop the service to America to get on top it, are they f**k, too much like cutting their own lucrative throats!

I dare I say it but it's suits the other American sports to keep it coming too!
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2014, 11:25   #32
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Can't say it really bothers me , a number in the top right hand corner doesn't really spoil my viewing , if anything BT Sport irritates me the most with that stupid BT Box gimmick they insist on continuing with.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 21:48   #33
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Can't say it really bothers me , a number in the top right hand corner doesn't really spoil my viewing , if anything BT Sport irritates me the most with that stupid BT Box gimmick they insist on continuing with.
At first I quite liked the BT Box, but I was watching the Burnley match yesterday, and realised that there is usually such a long gap between an incident and the resulting restart that it's very rarely actually necessary. I'm even getting a bit fed up with Michael Owen, despite still believing that when somebody with his experience has an opinion it's worth hearing.

And because of the BT graphics being at the bottom of the screen (which I still don't mind, for now) the security number is more noticeable than it is with Sky, and the funny heart shape is barely noticeable. In the pub it's a huge pint glass and with NowTV it's a solid white square so the funny shape is nothing.
Old 09-09-2019, 23:11   #34
Johnnos
Inactive

Johnnos is an unknown quantity at this point

they do it to differentiate platforms as now tv has the rectangle.
Johnnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 13:26   #35
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

wow..a 5 year old thread
Old 10-09-2019, 18:06   #36
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnos View Post
they do it to differentiate platforms as now tv has the rectangle.
A 'better late than never' response from you, johnnos!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 22:31   #37
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneggsandham View Post
Really doesn't bother me if I'm honest, but I'm struggling to understand the need for the heart. Surely if there if it is a business subscription then the pint will be on display. The lack of a pint glass is therefore enough to demonstrate that it isn't. I don't see how an extra symbol adds any further certainty?
Its easy to hide the beer glass by putting a beer mat over the screen, you need a random shape in a random place to detect where is the fraud is originating from.

Many services that are illegal permanently blur the bottom right of the screen, this means the detection has to move around.
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote