Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation
Closed Thread

Old 17-04-2018, 05:56   #931
RizzyKing

Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Sanctions may not have stopped all of Russia's games but they have severely limited them and nearly month on month the defence budget is revised downward with some new equipment orders placed on hold. Further sanctions will tighten the economic noose even further possibly to the point that Putin won't be able to hide them from the Russian people and may start to cut into his budget for nuclear rearmament which is about the only thing keeping him at most serious tables.

Advertisement
Old 17-04-2018, 11:02   #932
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Putin has already amassed a sizeable wealth. Further sanctions won’t do a thing. I guarantee it. Past Sanctions have not stopped any if their games, in fact they are increasing their hostilities, increased cyber attacks. The attempted murder on British soil, using Nerve Agent. Flying warplanes near to or approaching British airspace....

Russia already has a sizeable military hardware and stockpiles. Let’s not pretend that just because their economy is suffering, they won’t be able to suddenly defend themselves.

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
A comment is such a comment, not fake news.
Yes it is, it’s inaccurate. It calls out Trump, says he’s never called out Putin/Russia, yet there is tweets and speeches where he has. It’s Fake News.
Old 17-04-2018, 11:05   #933
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Putin has already amassed a sizeable wealth. Further sanctions won’t do a thing. I guarantee it. Past Sanctions have not stopped any if their games, in fact they are increasing their hostilities, increased cyber attacks. The attempted murder on British soil, using Nerve Agent. Flying warplanes near to or approaching British airspace....

Russia already has a sizeable military hardware and stockpiles. Let’s not pretend that just because their economy is suffering, they won’t be able to suddenly defend themselves.
The sanctions aren't designed to hurt Putin's personal wealth but to put domestic pressure on him, especially amongst the oligarchs, to stop provoking the West. Putin is only granted his power by the various factions within the Kremlin and other Russian elites. In the end he is only one man.

So the hope is sanctions cause him enough trouble with some of these people that for his own self-preservation he has cede some compromise. There is a good, quick, BBC overview of the factions that make up Russia's ruling elite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXQ3O9urYMc

At the very least the sanctions mean he has to annoy some people domestically, they offer some resistance and political cost to him. At the end of the day it's really the only tool we have since we're not going to invade.
Old 17-04-2018, 11:54   #934
RizzyKing

Mick continued sanctions are hurting Russia's military yes they have vast stockpiles of obselete equipment and of their current ground forces only flagship Putin supporting formations have anywhere near full combat capability much of their military equipment is rotting away from a lack of spare parts and trained personnel to install them. This is being repeated within their air force and navy and the longer sanctions go on the less money there is to remedy the situation as much as 50% of Russia's nuclear arsenal is not oprationally capable of course the remaining 50% is sufficient but the degradation is ongoing and as that situation worsens so we see more aggressive rhetoric and increased cyber attacks as that's relatively cheap to continue.

Sanctions are working and if they are further tightened Putin's position becomes weaker not only with the wealthy Russian's Damien mentioned but the military who were promised a resurgence by Putin that he no longer has the budget to fulfill.

Old 17-04-2018, 13:49   #935
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Yes it is, it’s inaccurate. It calls out Trump, says he’s never called out Putin/Russia, yet there is tweets and speeches where he has. It’s Fake News.
He didn’t say Putin/Russia, he said Putin...

Trump has criticised Putin once - he’s criticised serving members of his own staff and Cabinet more.

The closest Trump has come to criticising Putin before was more than a year ago, in an interview, when Trump said “And frankly, Putin is backing a person that's truly an evil person." (talking about Assad after a previous chemical weapons attack).

Of course, if you have links to where Trump has personally criticised Trump (other than the two instances I’ve mentioned), more than happy to admit I’m wrong.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 17-04-2018, 14:40   #936
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

Of course, if you have links to where Trump has personally criticised Trump (other than the two instances I’ve mentioned), more than happy to admit I’m wrong.
Why would Trump call himself ?

I think I got your point.

You go on about him not criticising Putin because of your very obvious hate for the man, and that's fine to hate him - I hate Crooked Hillary for the potential crimes she has committed and it appears she has appeared so far to get away with them. That said, I see no criticisms on Corbyn by you, who has not even once called out Putin by name and still refuses to do so. You say Trump has called out on Putin once, it's bloody more times than the leader of the opposition IN this Country has.
Old 17-04-2018, 20:18   #937
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I don't hate Trump, I hate what he's doing to a country that I admire very much, and how he is abusing his power and the office of the President - he acts like a spoilt 10 year old when he is the leader of the free world and the most powerful nation on earth. I dislike him because he hasn't criticised Putin, the leader of the country which has been trying to undermine democracy in the USA (and other places), as unanimously confirmed by all his Intelligence Community agencies, but criticises everyone else.

I think Corbyn is great - he's the main reason the Tories stayed in power; if Labour had a decent leader, they may have won the last election (so I am hoping he stays Leader); also, Corbyn is completely in the wrong not condeming Putin.

As for the statement "I see no criticisms of Corbyn by you", here you go...

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...n#post35942417
Quote:
two conflicting problems -

a) the continuing melding of Anti-Zionist with Anti-Semitic (although some far-right parties are more than happy to feed the confusion)
b) Corbyn attending in a "personal" capacity - he is the Leader of Her Majesty's Opposition, and of the Labour Party; any action he does reflects on them. He, like any other senior politician, cannot use this as a cop-out.
Here I am defending the BBC against the Corbynistas.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...n#post35941333
Quote:
FactCheck verdict

These things are true:
Newsnight placed a photo of Jeremy Corbyn next to a graphic of the Kremlin.

The Newsnight version was both darker and redder than the original image.

In the Newsnight version, Mr Corbyn’s hat was taller than in the original.

However:
The Kremlin graphic has been used before by Newsnight, notably alongside the Conservative Defence Secretary, Gavin Williamson.

Mr Corbyn’s hat only appeared taller because of a perspective distortion caused by Newsnight’s curved background screen.
Here's one where I mock Corbyn.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...n#post35940823
Quote:
This is on most of the ex-military FB pages today, with the comment
Quote:
Breaking news! The government expels the first of the Russian spies
Attachment of a picture of Corbyn
Here's one where I criticise Momentum, Corbyn's most rabid supporters.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...n#post35938564

Here's one where I praise him with faint damns...
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...n#post35937988
Quote:
Corbyn was, at worst, a ‘fellow traveller’, and at best, a contact - there are lots of other reasons not to support him, but I don’t think these are amongst them
Here's one where I jokingly suggest he might be a sleeper agent.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...n#post35937651
Quote:
The point of recruitment is to get sleeper agents in place, because in 30 years time, who knows what position of power they may be in, even the most unlikely of people...
Here's one where I state I am not a Corbyn fan.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...n#post35937179
Quote:
When the messenger (The Sun) has a lot of previous form for inflammatory false stories and excessive exaggeration/twisting of facts, it’s the main reason the knee-jerk reaction is "here we go again".

(And I’m far from being a JC fan).
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...n#post35915483
Quote:
Perhaps they will follow Jeremy Corbyn's example, of voting against the Party Whip (he did 617 times...).

http://revolts.co.uk/?p=932
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...n#post35902614
Quote:
From yesterday's News Quiz.

Jeremy Corbyn proved wrong all those people who said he couldn't win an election, by not winning an election...
Old 17-04-2018, 20:34   #938
Mick
Cable Forum Team

He has criticised Putin, to say he hasn’t is an outright lie.
Old 17-04-2018, 20:38   #939
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
He has criticised Putin, to say he hasn’t is an outright lie.
Once outright, and another half-hearted one (as I have repeatedly posted).

I will amend my statement - he has hardly ever criticised Putin, the leader of the country which has been trying to undermine democracy in the USA (and other places), as unanimously confirmed by all his Intelligence Community agencies, but criticises everyone else.

Hope that's better.

Last edited by Hugh; 17-04-2018 at 20:43.
Old 18-04-2018, 08:47   #940
RizzyKing

Compared to how often Trump hits out at other people Mick it's a valid point he seems to only hit out at Putin when he really has too rather then as much as Putin deserves given what is happening on his orders. I was happy when Trump won i honestly thought it would be the start of a rebalance badly needed in western politics and that he would grow into the position of president. While he hasn't been a total disaster as a president yet he hasn't been what many hoped he would be and the way he acts on social media is not presidential.

The media in the U.S is clearly running a campaign against Trump and has been since he was elected but that shouldn't exempt Trump from deserved criticism personally I'm hoping he will still surprise us and adapt better but as time goes on that hope is hard to maintain.

Old 18-04-2018, 14:07   #941
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...-sanctions-for

Haley said on Sunday Haley that sanctions against Moscow will "be coming down" on Monday; today Sarah Huckabee Sanders said "We are considering additional sanctions on Russia and a decision will be made in the near future".
http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...t-get-confused

Quote:
U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley hit back at the White House on Tuesday, denying a top adviser’s claim that she was confused when she said the administration would impose new sanctions on Russia.

“With all due respect, I don’t get confused,” Haley told Fox News’s Dana Perino in a statement that was read on-air.

Haley’s pointed statement came hours after top White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said that Haley “got ahead of the curve” when she announced Sunday that the administration would roll out the sanctions the next day.

“There might have been some momentary confusion about that,” Kudlow told reporters in West Palm Beach, Fla., ahead of President Trump’s meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Kudlow later walked back his comments, telling The New York Times he called Haley to say he had misspoken based on incomplete information.

“She was certainly not confused,” Kudlow told the paper. “I was wrong"...

...Kudlow told the Times that “she was following policy as she knew it. The policy got changed late, and she wasn’t told.”
Old 18-04-2018, 14:24   #942
RizzyKing

Trump needs to get a grip on things this has done nothing but cause embarrassment and reflects poorly on the U.S and its credibility this sort of thing should not be happening and i think Haley is entitled to know who changed the policy.

Old 18-04-2018, 15:05   #943
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Why would Trump call himself ?

I think I got your point.

You go on about him not criticising Putin because of your very obvious hate for the man, and that's fine to hate him - I hate Crooked Hillary for the potential crimes she has committed and it appears she has appeared so far to get away with them. That said, I see no criticisms on Corbyn by you, who has not even once called out Putin by name and still refuses to do so. You say Trump has called out on Putin once, it's bloody more times than the leader of the opposition IN this Country has.
Quote:
I hate Crooked Hillary for the potential crimes she has committed
Hilary has committed potential crimes ... not quite sure how someone, even the Blessed Hilary, can commit future crime
Old 18-04-2018, 16:25   #944
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Potential doesn’t necessarily equate to a future aspect.

Except if IG finds that her prior criminal investigation was flawed. She will hopefully be re-investigated.
Old 18-04-2018, 17:57   #945
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

What would be the point of re-investigating if it was already proved there was nothing crooked or criminal going on? Or any evidence that the investigation was flawed?