Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2021, 13:41   #211
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

DMAX and the +1 are both showing off air on March 1st and 2nd, however the EPG is populated again from the 3rd March.
Advertisement
Old 19-02-2021, 14:01   #212
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
DMAX and the +1 are both showing off air on March 1st and 2nd, however the EPG is populated again from the 3rd March.
My 360 has listings on all days now
Old 19-02-2021, 21:58   #213
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Not all work processes can go paperless, it's not a question of simply being "behind the times". And even paperfree businesses can have problems because of it.

Also, all businesses are different, just because many can cope with changing things in a short time period doesn't mean they all can, even big businesses. Even though I may dislike a company or their service unless you work there you don't know why things are the way they are.

The general public usually have a greatly simplified idea of what goes on and is required to do something. In my own work life I've seen how complicated, how many things need factored in for something that looks outwardly straightforward. What looks to the outside world as "you just do A, B and C" is actually more like "you need to do A to Z, Aa-Zn and then go back to Fr846" and those that work there are wanting to curl up into a ball in a dark room...and that was pre-Covid. And that can just be the regulations.

Back on topic...the EPG still says Channel Off-Air for DMAX, so I was wondering...maybe it's getting replaced by a HD version on VM? Not saying it's likely, just an alternative suggestion to closing.
I agree, however, customers don't need to know (or care) what goes on behind the scenes. All they care about is the service they receive for their money and, if it's dire, the company has to somehow improve or risk losing customers.

VM CS is absolutely shocking and, again, they have lost TV customers.
Old 19-02-2021, 23:29   #214
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I agree, however, customers don't need to know (or care) what goes on behind the scenes. All they care about is the service they receive for their money and, if it's dire, the company has to somehow improve or risk losing customers.

VM CS is absolutely shocking and, again, they have lost TV customers.
Don't disagree with that in general. I've had nothing but good Customer Service from VM, so it's not universal. I have a friend who had shocking service from them though, so I don't disbelieve any of it.

And all the long-standing TV companies are losing customers, it's not all down to bad service, much of it is the march of technology, new types of offerings, and change in demand.
Old 19-02-2021, 23:45   #215
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I’ve always received good service from Virgin Media, and that includes the out-of-hours Indian call centres.

My conclusion is that either:

1. Service varies from region to region or

2. The customers who complain are being either hostile or unreasonable.

Seriously, I don’t know which is correct. I can only speak from my own experience.

My daughter recently had an awful experience with Sky. I don’t think VM would have treated her like that.

By the way, both my daughters, who experienced VM while living with us, say they would subscribe to VM if they had that option.

Better the devil you know, I guess.
Old 20-02-2021, 00:03   #216
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I’ve always received good service from Virgin Media, and that includes the out-of-hours Indian call centres.

My conclusion is that either:

1. Service varies from region to region or

2. The customers who complain are being either hostile or unreasonable.

Seriously, I don’t know which is correct. I can only speak from my own experience.

My daughter recently had an awful experience with Sky. I don’t think VM would have treated her like that.

By the way, both my daughters, who experienced VM while living with us, say they would subscribe to VM if they had that option.

Better the devil you know, I guess.
A professional would be just that regardless of how a customer expressed themselves (which they may not be able to help eg autistic people sometimes come across as being abrupt).

The dire service i'm referring to at the moment is that VM is impossible to contact, even for cancellations or faults (the latter I have petsonal experience of).

Euronews looks like it will be disappearing from our screens:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/euronews-f...nancial-crisis
Old 20-02-2021, 00:11   #217
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

I've had to contact VM CS a couple of times recently and had no problem getting through to them at all. A 150 call both times with a bit of a wait but not unreasonable, and the UK call handler couldn't have been any more helpful.
Old 20-02-2021, 00:28   #218
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
A professional would be just that regardless of how a customer expressed themselves (which they may not be able to help eg autistic people sometimes come across as being abrupt).

The dire service i'm referring to at the moment is that VM is impossible to contact, even for cancellations or faults (the latter I have petsonal experience of).

Euronews looks like it will be disappearing from our screens:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/euronews-f...nancial-crisis
I don’t think that anyone should feel obliged to appease rudeness, Richard. Excuse or no excuse.

I cannot comment on the ‘dire service’ you refer to. We only have your word for that.

I can only say that I contacted VM not too long ago. No problems experienced.
Old 20-02-2021, 02:36   #219
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Don't disagree with that in general. I've had nothing but good Customer Service from VM, so it's not universal. I have a friend who had shocking service from them though, so I don't disbelieve any of it.

And all the long-standing TV companies are losing customers, it's not all down to bad service, much of it is the march of technology, new types of offerings, and change in demand.
Had shocking cs myself from VM but know many who have had excellent cs.
Same with SKY i've had excellents cs from them yet i know a few who've had poor cs from them.
Old 20-02-2021, 03:30   #220
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I don’t think that anyone should feel obliged to appease rudeness, Richard. Excuse or no excuse.

I cannot comment on the ‘dire service’ you refer to. We only have your word for that.

I can only say that I contacted VM not too long ago. No problems experienced.
What if the 'rudeness' is simply the result of someones inability to express themselves in the manner expected due to a mental disability? What if someone with tourettes syndrome has a tick that involves swearing, as many do? Being unprofessional could be viewed as unlawful disability discrimination in these cases.

You arrogantly refer to these as 'excuses'. This is as ridiculous as saying that someone who lost their hand in an accident is using this as an excuse to be rude by not shaking someones hand!

If you think for some reason that i'm lying, don't take my word for it then, take a look at the various posts all over the internet (including their own community forum).

---------- Post added at 03:30 ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Had shocking cs myself from VM but know many who have had excellent cs.
Same with SKY i've had excellents cs from them yet i know a few who've had poor cs from them.
On the balance of probabilities, I expect some people will actually be able to get through to them and will get through to a professional member of staff who can speak good English.

Others, including myself, tried for weeks or months to sort out issues.

I never had any problems with Sky, but the last time I contacted them was over 20 years ago. Hopefully they haven't gone downhill too!
Old 20-02-2021, 05:51   #221
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

What if somebody has this disability - should they be prevented from taking certain jobs that they may actually be technically very good at?

Should somebody with tourettes be prevented from getting a job in customer support - just because it may offend the callers?

It could be that some of the rudeness from CS and TS staff at many companies is actually down to some form of disability with a few of the operators.

Should somebody with a disability which can appear to be rudeness - be so quick to complain where somebody they are seeking support from is rude to them?

Percentage wise - I've had as many bad calls with Sky as I have with VM - still subscribe to both, but not had many from either.

Quote:
What if the 'rudeness' is simply the result of someones inability to express themselves in the manner expected due to a mental disability? What if someone with tourettes syndrome has a tick that involves swearing, as many do? Being unprofessional could be viewed as unlawful disability discrimination in these cases.

You arrogantly refer to these as 'excuses'. This is as ridiculous as saying that someone who lost their hand in an accident is using this as an excuse to be rude by not shaking someones hand!

If you think for some reason that i'm lying, don't take my word for it then, take a look at the various posts all over the internet (including their own community forum).

---------- Post added at 03:30 ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 ----------

On the balance of probabilities, I expect some people will actually be able to get through to them and will get through to a professional member of staff who can speak good English.

Others, including myself, tried for weeks or months to sort out issues.

I never had any problems with Sky, but the last time I contacted them was over 20 years ago. Hopefully they haven't gone downhill too!
Old 20-02-2021, 07:35   #222
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
What if somebody has this disability - should they be prevented from taking certain jobs that they may actually be technically very good at?

Should somebody with tourettes be prevented from getting a job in customer support - just because it may offend the callers?

It could be that some of the rudeness from CS and TS staff at many companies is actually down to some form of disability with a few of the operators.

Should somebody with a disability which can appear to be rudeness - be so quick to complain where somebody they are seeking support from is rude to them?

Percentage wise - I've had as many bad calls with Sky as I have with VM - still subscribe to both, but not had many from either.
I doubt that someone who wasn't able to communicate in an appropriate/acceptable manner due to a disability would be given a customer facing roll for obvious reasons.
Old 20-02-2021, 09:16   #223
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

But that is discrimination due to disablity.

Quote:
I doubt that someone who wasn't able to communicate in an appropriate/acceptable manner due to a disability would be given a customer facing roll for obvious reasons.

---------- Post added at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

I think it is one of the occasional glitches you see having an EPG beyond seven days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
Old 20-02-2021, 09:52   #224
gimpymoo
cf.addict

gimpymoo will become famous soon enoughgimpymoo will become famous soon enoughgimpymoo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The future is streaming. But that is a subject for another thread!
The writing has been on the wall for the last decade. Just a matter of where the tide mark would be.

As a kid, I longed for my own phone line for internet access and analogue cable TV in my bedroom.

Through the years, switched to broadband, got rid of the telephone line, got rid of the TV... now just need broadband.

Linear scheduled TV is as dead as the dinosaurs and only really relevant for those who are stuck in their ways, not to be disrespectful to anybody but that is the truth but even the older generation with apps built into their TV's are able to use iPlayer.

Remember when VOD was the jewel in the Cable crown? I wonder how much that cost them, in the grand scheme of things, it was merely a stepping stone.

How long before the cable TV model is obsolete and the cable STB is literally a posh Roku box if it is not nearly one already.
Old 20-02-2021, 12:30   #225
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpymoo View Post
How long before the cable TV model is obsolete and the cable STB is literally a posh Roku box if it is not nearly one already.
Indeed. It's already here...https://www.displaydaily.com/article...st-set-top-box
Closed Thread