Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 28-02-2023, 09:38   #331
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough
Re: Price rises this year.

I called this morning @08:05. OPTION.. Thinking of leaving, connected to an auto voice service, offering me a discount, no new contract. I accepted.

My contract finishes end of July This year.
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2023, 09:45   #332
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Last comms will go out by end of March, and when you get it depends whether the change applies on 1st April or 1st May - it'll tell you when you're informed.
Thanks for clarifying Ben. Presumably, if we haven’t heard by Wednesday (March 1st) and there’s 30 days’ notice we’re looking at the price rise from May 1st?
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2023, 10:57   #333
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I just rang them and got my butt kissed for being a customer for 23 years haha

She offered me 100% discount till end of contract next Jan

However she listed the prices and it appears she gave me a £7 discount from today. She told me it is applying to my Feb bill due tomorrow and my March bill on top off the rest of the term. So bonus
The £7 discount she gave me was for 18 months for some reason with no contract change. Obviously if I do stay next year there will be a new negotiation and new contract but the only way I am staying is if the offer is a deal price - £10 at least to cover the 2 Aprils a new contract will cover
Old 28-02-2023, 11:54   #334
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Thanks for clarifying Ben. Presumably, if we haven’t heard by Wednesday (March 1st) and there’s 30 days’ notice we’re looking at the price rise from May 1st?
Yes, as I believe it's any comms that went out from 14th Feb onwards that have a 1st May change date.
Old 28-02-2023, 12:22   #335
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I have just phoned and ignored the automated £7.50 discount option offered for just 6 months and opted to speak to a human being instead.

I spoke to the agent who brought our increase of £15 down by £12.75 which brings our total discount upto £29.75. I wasn't able to get them to get rid of the full increase or fix my price till the end of my contract in May 24 so I will have to see what I can renegotiate when the April 2024 price rise is announced.

And Breath....Please don't tellI me I should have pushed for more as I've got the shakes getting that result. Off for an early G&T to calm my nerves.
Old 28-02-2023, 12:32   #336
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I have just phoned and ignored the automated £7.50 discount option offered for just 6 months and opted to speak to a human being instead.

I spoke to the agent who brought our increase of £15 down by £12.75 which brings our total discount upto £29.75. I wasn't able to get them to get rid of the full increase or fix my price till the end of my contract in May 24 so I will have to see what I can renegotiate when the April 2024 price rise is announced.

And Breath....Please don't tellI me I should have pushed for more as I've got the shakes getting that result. Off for an early G&T to calm my nerves.
As long as you are happy

The one I spoke too put herself on the backfoot by ass kissing me about my 23 years custom. All I needed to do was say I want to put my 30 days notice and I ended up getting more than I expected

Well done

April 2024 price rise you can do nothing as they have written it into the terms this year. Due to your contract ending in May though you are ideally placed to put your 30 days in end April get the best deal and only have to worry about 1 April in between which you want them to factor ito the deal

Last edited by Jaymoss; 28-02-2023 at 12:37.
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2023, 13:16   #337
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
As long as you are happy
Snip

April 2024 price rise you can do nothing as they have written it into the terms this year. Due to your contract ending in May though you are ideally placed to put your 30 days in end April get the best deal and only have to worry about 1 April in between which you want them to factor ito the deal
With this April 2023 increase being £15 having that increase reduced by £12.75 to £2.75 was far more than I expected.

As for April 2024, with my contact ending in May 2024, I should have more bargaining power.

Will make sure I have a good stock of Gin laid in.
Old 28-02-2023, 16:09   #338
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I just rang them and got my butt kissed for being a customer for 23 years haha

She offered me 100% discount till end of contract next Jan

However she listed the prices and it appears she gave me a £7 discount from today. She told me it is applying to my Feb bill due tomorrow and my March bill on top off the rest of the term. So bonus
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post

Have a couple of G&T's before you ring next year. Hopefully OFCOM will have stopped midterm price rises by then.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2023, 20:39   #339
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I'll be interested how you find the TalkTalk services. I'm still waiting for the notification of my price rise and I'm starting to think I might not get one or can call and get a similar price to what I'm paying VM. I'm out of contract in June 23.
Had an OpenReach sub contractor out unannounced yesterday I guess to pull the fibre from the telegraph pole to the house.

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

VM keep calling me but I’m ignoring them. Why don’t hey email me!
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2023, 21:45   #340
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

I've called retentions twice so far, and overseas call centres answered both calls, (usually get UK) the first offer was to cancel out my £21.50 price increase until July when my contract runs out.
Today's offer was £21.50 off my bill for 18 months without a new contract, I declined but the lady put notes on my account in case I took up the offer later.

One thing that stopped me from accepting the offer was because the offer was from overseas, in the past, I have been promised things that weren't true.

My price rise comes into force May 1st.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2023, 23:26   #341
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I've called retentions twice so far, and overseas call centres answered both calls, (usually get UK) the first offer was to cancel out my £21.50 price increase until July when my contract runs out.
Today's offer was £21.50 off my bill for 18 months without a new contract, I declined but the lady put notes on my account in case I took up the offer later.

One thing that stopped me from accepting the offer was because the offer was from overseas, in the past, I have been promised things that weren't true.

My price rise comes into force May 1st.
Same here. I was promised that I would get to keep Full House TV, which wasn't true.

Getting them to put notes on is no longer a guarantee as they either don't put notes on after saying they will do, or put down something different to what was agreed/offered.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2023, 23:41   #342
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Same here. I was promised that I would get to keep Full House TV, which wasn't true.

Getting them to put notes on is no longer a guarantee as they either don't put notes on after saying they will do, or put down something different to what was agreed/offered.
They do however record calls, which is handy if ever you ever go down the complaint route. I'm sure you never would Richard

I seem to have exchanged Full House for Maxit in my latest deal; v little difference apart from a few children's channels. No issue for me, but it may be for some and the difference should have been explained.

I guess the guys on retentions are on a bonus for the amount of punters they retain/sign up. Crap job, but blame the system/company, not the poor sods manning the lines trying to earn a crust.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:02   #343
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Wouldn't think there'd be a way of keeping Full House or the other older TV packs when agreeing a new deal at this point.

But absolutely that needs to made clear before the change is made.
Old 01-03-2023, 09:12   #344
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Last comms will go out by end of March, and when you get it depends whether the change applies on 1st April or 1st May - it'll tell you when you're informed.
So some customers are getting considerably more notice than others?

I have rang twice now, as like others I want to negotiate a rebate, the first time I was told I was exempt, the second time the person had no idea as there is nothing on my account for it.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 01-03-2023 at 09:21.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 10:59   #345
HughA
cf.member

HughA is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my email 2 days ago, £6 increase on my £42 50Mbps broadband and anytime calls. Called retentions today and settled for a £6 discount to negate the increase and a speed upgrade to 132Mbps on my existing contract which runs until Feb next year. I may cancel at the end of the contract as I should have FTTP available by then.
HughA is offline   Reply With Quote