Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 20-02-2023, 09:17   #226
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
I use tvguide.co.uk to see what's on.
Yeah but it’s PITA having to check that, we like it all on the screen.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2023, 09:35   #227
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
Yeah but it’s PITA having to check that, we like it all on the screen.
Call me old fashioned , I still prefer a hard copy Radio Times. Still way easier to look at that any online guide.
Regularly available at 12 issues for £1.
https://www.buysubscriptions.com/pri...xoC0p8QAvD_BwE
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 09:45   #228
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

It's interesting how the tone has changed with people leaving/significantly downgrading their VM package. In times of old, people would replate us with tales of awesome deals from retentions. I'd like to see figures from VM for customers leaving this yr vs last.

Of note, now Openreach etc are making significant strides into what was exclusive VM territory offering for some (me) peer competition for the first time, I believe will only add to VM market loss unless changes are made to their model and pricing.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 11:03   #229
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

I’ve been researching broadband alternatives as I await the confirmation that my Volt deal is going up by 25% in April. I’m somewhat surprised that the small town I live in has no 5g or fibre alternatives to Virgin Media. The “small town”? London
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 11:06   #230
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

This morning I have had a letter, no not that Virgin letter, but from Vodafone, it is adressed to the Occupier and has been posted through all the letterboxes localy

The letter starts off "Just had some news from Virgin Media about your Broadband?" You could switch to Vodafone Full Fibre Broadband, penalty free.

The letter goes on to offer Vodafone Full Fibre 500 broadband @ £30 per month, Vodafone compares this price to Virgins M350 Fibre Broadband @ £38.25 per month

Vodafone is certainly taking advantage of Virgins Price rise and are already targetting Virgin customers.

I now have 3 Fibre options that are faster than Virgin and cost less

Last edited by Peter729; 20-02-2023 at 11:12.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 11:57   #231
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

We got our letter today, going up £15 a month from 1st April.
We are out of contact and paying £112 at the min, for TV, Internet and Phone, no Sky Sports or Sky Movies.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 12:26   #232
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

No letter here yet, but even when we get it, we have no fibre options available here - I can get "up to" 76Mb/s from alternative suppliers.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 12:43   #233
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I’ve been researching broadband alternatives as I await the confirmation that my Volt deal is going up by 25% in April. I’m somewhat surprised that the small town I live in has no 5g or fibre alternatives to Virgin Media. The “small town”? London
https://www.broadbandexposed.co.uk/b...-of-greenwich/
Old 20-02-2023, 12:45   #234
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I’m on Ultimate Volt Mates Rates til January - no idea if it is getting a rise in April but it’ll probably be cheaper than the alternatives. I’ll probably use a 5G option for 3 months and come back as a new customer broadband only.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 12:52   #235
nialli
cf.geek

nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazCBG View Post
We got our letter today, going up £15 a month from 1st April.
We are out of contact and paying £112 at the min, for TV, Internet and Phone, no Sky Sports or Sky Movies.
You are being charged far, far too much. £137? I advise you to consider alternatives while you have the right to cancel. If you are wedded to Virgin Media I suggest you call Retensions.

New customers get the services you have for £29.99 a month!
Old 20-02-2023, 12:56   #236
Peter729
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m on Ultimate Volt Mates Rates til January - no idea if it is getting a rise in April but it’ll probably be cheaper than the alternatives. I’ll probably use a 5G option for 3 months and come back as a new customer broadband only.
I wasn’t aware of the other fibre suppliers in my area until I really searched for them, most Broadband sites just give Sky, Virgin and BT etc.
Old 20-02-2023, 13:12   #237
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
You are being charged far, far too much. £137? I advise you to consider alternatives while you have the right to cancel. If you are wedded to Virgin Media I suggest you call Retensions.

New customers get the services you have for £29.99 a month!
This is the full package, just checked on vm site.

Broadband: M350 Fibre Broadband
TV: Maxit TV
Phone: Talk More Anytime

But new customers can get it for around £84 on 18 month contract, then £116

Last edited by GazCBG; 20-02-2023 at 13:17.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 13:16   #238
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
There seems little point in entering into a 18\24 month contract when there's no surety to be gained from it.
Problem is,. check their 1 month contract prices, there is quite the premium.

I ended up taking the plunge, as I did get the offer, and also figured if I need to leave early I could somehow convince a operator to waive the fee.

So even if mid contract rises become illegal, it will still be legal to charge an extra arm for short term contracts.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 13:34   #239
Peter729
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Problem is,. check their 1 month contract prices, there is quite the premium.

I ended up taking the plunge, as I did get the offer, and also figured if I need to leave early I could somehow convince a operator to waive the fee.

So even if mid contract rises become illegal, it will still be legal to charge an extra arm for short term contracts.
There are suppliers out there who do guarantee no mid contract price rises, unfortunately it’s just a matter of luck if you have one of those providers in your area.
Old 20-02-2023, 13:45   #240
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
Thanks but when I type my postcode into the suppliers listed none of them offer fibre except Virgin