Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 22-02-2013, 19:12   #3436
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

So that explains the difference in minimum latency.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2013, 15:40   #3437
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Not being as clued up on the back-end of FTTC as I am on HFC, I'd sask who is controlling SkyFibre profiling? BT or Sky?
I really haven't a clue but would presume it to be Sky as indicated by Pip
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456
IP Profile is controlled by Sky

Line sync controlled by DLM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
So that explains the difference in minimum latency.
All I know is that it is the best connection I have ever had the privilege to use, long may it continue.

More expensive than the BT or Plusnet equivalents but if that means keeping the quality up and the over subscription down then I am happy to pay it.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 15:59   #3438
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
I really haven't a clue but would presume it to be Sky as indicated by Pip

All I know is that it is the best connection I have ever had the privilege to use, long may it continue.

More expensive than the BT or Plusnet equivalents but if that means keeping the quality up and the over subscription down then I am happy to pay it.
A few quid extra a month for a solid connection is well worth it. It's all most people want.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 16:54   #3439
Simm
Inactive

Simm is an unknown quantity at this point

So.......

2 new Superhubs, 2 senior engineers, attenutators 2 hours on the phone to broadband support.

My connection has been fubar since my area received the great "speed doubling upgrade"

Generous amounts of T3 and T4 timeouts, 2nd engineer gave me a High area Utilization fault code ( before he dispersed for the day ) that turned out to be not my area

The red at the beginning was me forgetting to turn on WAN ping respond on new modem.
Simm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 13:13   #3440
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Getting a little bit of packet loss how do i get rid of it ?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...4-02-2013.html

Attachment 24249

thank you.
Old 24-02-2013, 17:59   #3441
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Just had a closer look at mine and mine are showing the same low levels of packet lost maybe its something going on with the Uddingston UBR.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...0720428e9.html
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 19:40   #3442
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

i have small packet loss all times like your monitors and here in London
Something must going on
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 20:01   #3443
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Or maybe something is up with the TBB monitor, I haven't really been downloading or used my connection much since Friday so can't say if its actually running slower or not.
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 17:19   #3444
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

That's some pretty intense overnight ping increases for Infinity... Never seen it that high myself, even when my area capacity dropped to 6Mbps per user...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:34   #3445
Foo Fighter
cf.addict

Foo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enough

Massive improvement in blackburn, they planned on a catc reseg for end of feb and now have gone from a awful connection a peak times to a pretty stable one. Either that or the heavy user in the neighbour hoods on holiday

from
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
too
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Foo Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 19:54   #3446
Foo Fighter
cf.addict

Foo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter View Post
Massive improvement in blackburn, they planned on a catc reseg for end of feb and now have gone from a awful connection a peak times to a pretty stable one. Either that or the heavy user in the neighbour hoods on holiday

from

too

Spoke to soon, was good for a few days now latency has shot back up
Foo Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:18   #3447
foxtrot_yankee
Inactive

Services: Premiere Collection
foxtrot_yankee is an unknown quantity at this point

This bit of red which creeps in around 6pm each evening. Is this normal? We weren't heavily using our connection at this time as we were watching TV.
foxtrot_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:06   #3448
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

Is not normal
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 22:41   #3449
EssDee
cf.addict

Services: VIP120 with TiVo
EssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really nice

Mine for today has pretty colours!

EssDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:47   #3450
joeron
cf.member

joeron is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine for sunday seen worse tho still making online gaming a pain and yet again the fix date for over-utilisation has been move back now its 15/05/2013, at this rate think im going to be lucky if its fixed this year.

joeron is offline   Reply With Quote