Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The 2010 General Election Thread: Week 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The 2010 General Election Thread: Week 1
View Poll Results: The Cable Forum General Election Opinion Poll: Who will you vote for?
Labour 17 16.50%
Conservative 37 35.92%
Liberal Democrat 19 18.45%
United Kingdom Independence Party 4 3.88%
British National Party 11 10.68%
Green 0 0%
Scottish National Party 0 0%
Plaid Cymru the Party of Wales 2 1.94%
English Democrat 0 0%
Northern Ireland: Any Unionist party 0 0%
Northern Ireland: Any Nationalist / Republican party 0 0%
Northern Ireland: Any other 0 0%
GB-wide, any other party 2 1.94%
I choose not to vote 3 2.91%
I cannot vote 1 0.97%
Undecided 7 6.80%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 20:42   #106
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
Re: The 2010 General Election Thread: Week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
I second that for exactly the same reasons. NHS spend looks likely to be cut massively under either of the other two.
SB, If they want to cut NHS spending, they should look to the managers first mate. A complete waste of money. Do you really need so many managers to run just one ward?
How about getting in bank staff at an inflated rate when they refuse to pay the regular members of staff overtime.
Total mismanagement.
I know this because my wife works as a grade 3 HCA at a mental hospital.
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2010, 20:51   #107
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwieser View Post

SB, If they want to cut NHS spending, they should look to the managers first mate. A complete waste of money. Do you really need so many managers to run just one ward?
How about getting in bank staff at an inflated rate when they refuse to pay the regular members of staff overtime.
Total mismanagement.
I know this because my wife works as a grade 3 HCA at a mental hospital.
Ah you see that would be the sensible thing to do, but more likely it would be services like mine which are having a huge impact in severely deprived areas which have staff cut

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Yeah but why vote back in a Government met with such serious failings? Don't get me wrong - You vote for who you like - but I don't get how people can vote for these same muppets - They are a complete and utter failure for the people of Britain.

Just getting back to your point though - I would presume such cuts would be aimed at the Pen pushers and the people in the back offices making up these bizarre and unachievable targets - The Target system launched under a Labour Government. Basically cuts in the Bureaucracy, those cuts are needed.
I wish I was as optimistic as you are about who's jobs will be on the line, but like most people I have a mortgage to pay so i'm looking out for No. 1

Having spent time reading the policies of all the major parties regarding health care, my vote is as it was. Thats not to say I agree with all policies, and we'll see what the forthcoming weeks hold.
Old 07-04-2010, 20:52   #108
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Ah you see that would be the sensible thing to do, but more likely it would be services like mine which are having a huge impact in severely deprived areas which have staff cut
And our governing bodies don`t do sensible do they.
Where does the money come from for their " Little jollies" ?
They`re all a waste of space SB.
Old 07-04-2010, 20:52   #109
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
So in essence - you're voting for the same party back in which those deprived areas would still be deprived under a Labour Government?

Just out of interest - are you front line staff?
Old 07-04-2010, 20:57   #110
superbiatch
Inactive

superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
So in essence - you're voting for the same party back in which those deprived areas would still be deprived under a Labour Government?
So they wouldn't be deprived under the Tories? I don't believe much of what any politician says tbh, but the policy around healthcare is what is currently swinging it.

I manage a stop smoking service and practice as front line also.
Old 07-04-2010, 21:10   #111
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
So they wouldn't be deprived under the Tories? I don't believe much of what any politician says tbh, but the policy around healthcare is what is currently swinging it.

I manage a stop smoking service and practice as front line also.
Just found this from the Conservative Party website on Health and the NHS...

Quote:
Health

Over three years ago David Cameron spelled out his priorities in three letters – NHS. Since then, we have consistently fought to protect the values the NHS stands for and have campaigned to defend the NHS from Labour’s cuts and reorganisations.

As the party of the NHS, we will never change the idea at the heart of our NHS – that healthcare in this country is free at the point of use and available to everyone based on need, not ability to pay. Labour promised to save the NHS but today, despite the massive increase in spending, the gap in health outcomes between the UK and the rest of Europe has actually widened.

A decade of top-down, bureaucratic mismanagement has consistently undermined the professionalism and motivation of NHS staff and skewed NHS priorities away from patient care, creating a culture where ticking boxes is more important than giving patients the treatment they need. We can’t go on with an NHS that puts targets before patients.

We understand the pressures the NHS faces. In recognition of its special place in our society, we are committed to protecting health spending in real terms – we will not make the sick pay for Labour’s Debt Crisis. But that doesn’t mean the NHS shouldn’t change. When you’re more likely to die of cancer in Britain than most other countries in Europe – and when the number of managers in the NHS is rising almost three times as fast as the number of nurses – the question isn’t whether the NHS should change, it’s how the NHS should change. We have a reform plan to make the changes the NHS needs.

Our reform plan is based on the methods of the post-bureaucratic age – decentralisation, accountability and transparency. Applying these ideas to the NHS will help us improve it for everyone and allow us to meet people’s rising expectations. Instead of bureaucratic accountability there will be democratic accountability.

We will decentralise power, so that patients have a real choice. And by publishing information about the kind of results that healthcare providers are achieving, we will make sure there is no hiding place for failure. If patients don’t like what they are offered, they will be able to find something better. This will drive up standards by allowing people to choose the best providers and by encouraging hospitals to compete for patients. Making doctors and nurses accountable to patients, not to endless layers of bureaucracy, will also save billions that are currently spent on needless bureaucratic checks – meaning we can spend more on the frontline services that make a real difference.

When patients not only have the power to choose where they get treated but also the information to make an informed choice, then hospitals and GPs that don’t provide good care will have to raise their game. Doctors and nurses will need to use their new-found freedom to meet the needs of the most important people in the NHS – patients.

We are the party of the NHS today because we not only back the values of the NHS, we back its funding and we have a vision for its future.
You can read our draft manifesto on health using the document reader below, or alternatively click here to download a copy in PDF format.
Old 07-04-2010, 21:22   #112
superbiatch
Inactive

Funny, I was just reading that on the Tory site before my PC crashed

Tory policy for NHS is definitely more favourable than Lib Dem. My concern with Tory policy is regarding the NHS IT Contracts situation, OH is employed as a result of this. I'm only hoping should they get in, they don't make too drastic a cut in IT as some areas have move the NHS into the future (obviously there have been major c0ck ups as well!)
Old 07-04-2010, 21:38   #113
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Funny, I was just reading that on the Tory site before my PC crashed

Tory policy for NHS is definitely more favourable than Lib Dem. My concern with Tory policy is regarding the NHS IT Contracts situation, OH is employed as a result of this. I'm only hoping should they get in, they don't make too drastic a cut in IT as some areas have move the NHS into the future (obviously there have been major c0ck ups as well!)
Is he involved in support or government announced projects?
If it's the former, then he's likely to be ok, there's enough saving to be made by cancelling the projects.
It's not a bad idea to make sure his CV and qualifications are up to date, better to be safe than sorry though.
Old 07-04-2010, 21:42   #114
superbiatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
Is he involved in support or government announced projects?
If it's the former, then he's likely to be ok, there's enough saving to be made by cancelling the projects.
It's not a bad idea to make sure his CV and qualifications are up to date, better to be safe than sorry though.
I think he's safe enough as his role is needed all over the world, and his company is international but it would mean a move away.
Old 07-04-2010, 21:43   #115
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

This is quite amusing.
Old 07-04-2010, 22:12   #116
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

The best post so far
Old 07-04-2010, 22:20   #117
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Let me clear one thing, l WON'T be voting Labour, I have voted Lib Dem, as a protest vote against our Labour MP, who is crap and she is from Hounslow. I am a strong Labout Voter and always have been, BUT won't vote for our MP.

I just think Labour is the best party to run this country, Cameron has as much brains as me, and that ain't much.
Old 07-04-2010, 22:22   #118
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
<snip> Cameron has as much brains as me, and that ain't much.
Awww, Bless
Old 07-04-2010, 22:25   #119
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Cameron has as much brains as me, and that ain't much.
You've got 12 O levels, 3 A levels, and a 1st degree too?
Old 07-04-2010, 22:50   #120
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

No even 11 plus.
Closed Thread