Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 05-04-2019, 16:24   #541
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

According to @RXTvlog (the new name for a516digital after the person running it handed over the keys to someone else) on Twitter, Insight HD has been withdrawn from Sky. Might make it, or its 4K version less likely to come to Virgin Media any time soon. More details on tweet here.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2019, 16:39   #542
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Poor content is still poor content even in 4K.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 17:00   #543
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
According to @RXTvlog (the new name for a516digital after the person running it handed over the keys to someone else) on Twitter, Insight HD has been withdrawn from Sky. Might make it, or its 4K version less likely to come to Virgin Media any time soon. More details on tweet here.
Insight held carriage negotiations with VM to bring their service via VOD about a year(?) ago, so i'm assuming that a deal couldn't be reached.

Now that their HD channel has closed on Sky, I'm not sure if this will mean they will try to increase their reach with their 4K streaming service, or if this means that the money is running out and that they have been forced to pull the HD channel. It was encrypted, but free, so probably wasn't in the Sky Sub Club and was totally reliant on advertising revenue.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 17:06   #544
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Poor content is still poor content even in 4K.
True. I've got no opinion on the content. I'm only familiar with the name of the channel from it being mentioned on here.
Old 06-04-2019, 00:00   #545
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
@RXTVlog have now given more details (it's threaded onto the tweeted linked to above if you want to read it yourself). The short version is, they have an EU broadcasting license, not an OFCOM UK one and they decided not to renew their Sky contract as it was up. So you could say it was Brexit.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:06   #546
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
NBC Universal’s pay TV channels, which include Syfy and Universal Channel, are to be combined with Sky’s own entertainment channels and will be based on its campus in Osterley.
https://deadline.com/2019/04/sky-vis...er-1202589049/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 19:10   #547
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
@RXTVlog have now given more details (it's threaded onto the tweeted linked to above if you want to read it yourself). The short version is, they have an EU broadcasting license, not an OFCOM UK one and they decided not to renew their Sky contract as it was up. So you could say it was Brexit.
Rumours now say on DS Forum that Insight deal with Sky was up that why the axe.

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
We can see the following happen:

Universal Channel will close and move shows to Sky Witness, Sky One or Sky Two.
SyFy will close and move shows to Sky One or Sky Two.
E! and Movies 24 will become part of Realives brand.

New Channels?

Sky Three (For replays of the best shows on Sky One or Sky Two)
Real Action (For all the UK Reality shows from Realives, Sky One and Sky Witness to move to)
Sky Two +1
Sky Three +1
Sky Two HD
Sky Three HD
Real Action +1
Realives HD

Why?
If Sky and Universal did the following Sky would cut the replays on the main channels.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

That me put my 50p in
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 07-04-2019 at 19:08.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 19:14   #548
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Rumours now say on DS Forum that Insight deal with Sky was up that why the axe.

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

We can see the following happen:

Universal Channel will close and move shows to Sky Witness, Sky One or Sky Two.
SyFy will close and move shows to Sky One or Sky Two.
E! and Movies 24 will become part of Realives brand.

New Channels?

Sky Three (For replays of the best shows on Sky One or Sky Two)
Real Action (For all the UK Reality shows from Realives, Sky One and Sky Witness to move to)
Sky Two +1
Sky Three +1
Sky Two HD
Sky Three HD
Real Action +1
Realives HD

Why?
If Sky and Universal did the following Sky would cut the replays on the main channels.
To be honest, I doubt that any of that will happen. For example, why would they move Universal or Syfy shows to Sky Two, which is broadcast only in standard definition?

Although I think rationalisation may take place soon, Sky Two is most likely be the casualty as it has pretty well lost its own identity these days.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 19:18   #549
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Although I think rationalisation may take place soon, Sky Two is most likely be the casualty as it has pretty well lost its own identity these days.
l gather you have proof of that OB? as l think it is more to do with your imagination rather then any substantive proof.
Old 07-04-2019, 19:26   #550
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
To be honest, I doubt that any of that will happen. For example, why would they move Universal or Syfy shows to Sky Two, which is broadcast only in standard definition?

As posted I think Sky may reuse the Universal and Syfy streams to launch new channels with two streams being reuse for Sky Two +1 and Sky Two HD.

I feel UniversalNBC will keep the Sky brand for their UK and Europe networks. Look what Liberty Global (They did add Virgin Media brand to the Rep. of Ireland)
Old 07-04-2019, 19:33   #551
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
As posted I think Sky may reuse the Universal and Syfy streams to launch new channels with two streams being reuse for Sky Two +1 and Sky Two HD.

I feel UniversalNBC will keep the Sky brand for their UK and Europe networks. Look what Liberty Global (They did add Virgin Media brand to the Rep. of Ireland)
I know that's what you think, but I am not sure what evidence you have to suggest such changes.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l gather you have proof of that OB? as l think it is more to do with your imagination rather then any substantive proof.
I don't have proof, Den, which is why I used the word 'likely'. I do know that consideration has been given to a rationalisation of their channels, but no more detail than that.

I notice once again that you press me for proof, and yet you happily suck in what MB has posted, and no proof there either.
Old 07-04-2019, 19:36   #552
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

I don't have proof, Den, which is why I used the word 'likely'. I do know that consideration has been given to a rationalisation of their channels, but no more detail than that.
So in short no substantive proof...
Old 07-04-2019, 19:40   #553
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
I know that's what you think, but I am not sure what evidence you have to suggest such changes.
No evidence just my views.

Here hoping UniversalNBC/Sky reveal what is set to happen (If any) to their Basic Channels soon.
Old 07-04-2019, 19:41   #554
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

I notice once again that you press me for proof, and yet you happily suck in what MB has posted, and no proof there either.
Whatever MB has posted got anything to do with our conversation.
Old 07-04-2019, 19:54   #555
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Whatever MB has posted got anything to do with our conversation.
Yes it does, Den, because you are being inconsistent. You disagree with just about everything I post because I am the one who posted it. These latest posts show that very clearly.

Let's just concentrate on the subject matter rather than just arguing the toss over every little thing simply because of personality issues.

It has been reported that a rationalisation of Sky channels is likely soon. It's what this means in practice that is the great unknown. However, to speculate that Universal and /or Syfy will have their content migrated to a standard definition channel does not sound very credible to me, does it to you?

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Quote:
No evidence just my views.

Here hoping UniversalNBC/Sky reveal what is set to happen (If any) to their Basic Channels soon.
Thanks for the clarification, MB.