Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky have just offered me....

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky have just offered me....

Old 05-01-2011, 14:58   #1
winkle

Sky have just offered me....

via the live chat

All 6 entertainment mixes
Sky Sports (free for 1 month along with Sky Movies)
ESPN

in HD

evening/weekends free calls
line rental
umlimted broadband (free for 3 months), can expect between 8-10mb in my area

installation free
free set up

£82.50 per month

£3 more than what I'm paying at the moment

Sounds interesting
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2011, 18:33   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Sky have just offered me....

Who says you can expect that? Speed is dependent on a lot of things so I wouldn't take a sales persons word for it and would check it somewhere else first
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23   #3
Marcus125
Permanently Banned

Marcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathers

Wouldn't VIP-20 offer all that for the same price? With a second box with HD channels excluding sports/movies?(although you would get sports movies on it in SD)
Marcus125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:38   #4
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus125 View Post
Wouldn't VIP-20 offer all that for the same price? With a second box with HD channels excluding sports/movies?(although you would get sports movies on it in SD)
no VIP-20 is £92.40

(£80.16 + £12.24 line rental)

According to the OP his £82.50 offer INCLUDES line rental
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 13:10   #5
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
via the live chat

All 6 entertainment mixes
Sky Sports (free for 1 month along with Sky Movies)
ESPN

in HD

evening/weekends free calls
line rental
umlimted broadband (free for 3 months), can expect between 8-10mb in my area

installation free
free set up

£82.50 per month

£3 more than what I'm paying at the moment

Sounds interesting
Sounds like a bit of a rip off to me,
Im on V+HD XL TV plus a second V+HD box
Phone with 24/7 free calls
BBXXL 50mb of which i get 50mb
and all this for a lot less than that
so if you forget about the pointless free months trial of movies and sports
sounds like a very overpriced deal
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 21:08   #6
winkle

They've just rang my house phone to let me know they can reduce it to £77 with Broadband (£7.50) free for three months (First 3 bills costing £69.50)

In all honesty I am in 2 minds to cancel my Virgin and accept this. Due to Virgin not getting any channels as replacements for the ones Sky have pulled the plug on I am left wondering is it worth paying all that much for the XL package when there are only around 50 channels more than freeview.

p.s. the other half likes the look of Wedding TV
Old 06-01-2011, 21:15   #7
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

The deal sounds poor to me.
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 21:19   #8
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

How many boxes?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 21:23   #9
winkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
How many boxes?
Just the 1

my extra v box is hardley ever used tbf and my phone is used at evening/weekends so in that case I don't think I will have missed out on them

Just wish Virgin would add more channels that appeal to me & partner that are on sky
Old 07-01-2011, 07:42   #10
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
In all honesty I am in 2 minds to cancel my Virgin and accept this. Due to Virgin not getting any channels as replacements for the ones Sky have pulled the plug on I am left wondering is it worth paying all that much for the XL package when there are only around 50 channels more than freeview.

p.s. the other half likes the look of Wedding TV
Really?lol
Far as i've seen all the free channels you can get on Sky but not Virgin just contain complete and utter rubbish but if you want to go for a rip off deal just for the wedding channel then that's fine ROFL
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 21:28   #11
winkle

Spoke to CS this evening and they told me my goodwill of £6 will be scrapped next month meaning I will be paying £86 for

XL TV (HD Box)
Standard Box upstairs
Sky Sports (HD)
10mb broadband
unmlimited calls (inc line)

I feel robbed even more after they did not replace the 7 channels we lost. I know a few are in the pipeline but nothing concrete just yet. I feel very let down as I have been a loyal customer for 5 years.
Old 20-01-2011, 22:00   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

What channels?
Old 20-01-2011, 22:02   #13
winkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
What channels?
Bravo etc

I know Sky done that but I would have thought Virgin would have had some replacements lined up.
Old 20-01-2011, 22:16   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Why would VM have replacement channels when they don't own any channels now. Sky have also not got the channels either and aren't replacing them.

Most of the shows off the channels are now on Living or somewhere else anyway.
Old 16-02-2011, 21:26   #15
Marcus125
Permanently Banned

Marcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathers

You should be able to better that offer if your leaving VM.

I left sky for VM in December and returned to sky yesterday I got...

Sky world+hd half price for 6 months £33 i think.
A free sky+hd box for multiroom if took hd channels on that box for 12months.

so bassically everything on 2 boxes for £55 ish and I kept VM's 50meg and phone line for £37. I'm screwed in 6 months when the offer ends although my original box was not put on a contract and they told me I can cancel that box anytime.

But for now I pay just over £90.
Marcus125 is offline   Reply With Quote