Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Where is HD from NTL? When?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Where is HD from NTL? When?

Old 17-10-2006, 10:22   #361
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one
Re: Where Is HDTV From ntl.....when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser View Post
Do we know when these boxes will be available and what they will cost by way of installation and rental?
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/...vdrive-service
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2006, 13:08   #362
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Smile Re: Where Is HDTV From ntl.....when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Fools View Post
Thanks for that. I wonder what they do if, like me, you already have a second box rented monthly for £15?
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 14:17   #363
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Where Is HDTV From ntl.....when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser View Post
Thanks for that. I wonder what they do if, like me, you already have a second box rented monthly for £15?
Here is your answer

Existing customers can avoid the £75 one-off hit by opting to retain their existing set top box and connect it to a second TV elsewhere in their house, taking out a ‘second box’ subscription of £5 a month.

You still pay the £10 a month for the TV Drive and the 2nd box becomes £5 a month.
Old 17-10-2006, 14:49   #364
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Smile Re: Where Is HDTV From ntl.....when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
Here is your answer

Existing customers can avoid the £75 one-off hit by opting to retain their existing set top box and connect it to a second TV elsewhere in their house, taking out a ‘second box’ subscription of £5 a month.

You still pay the £10 a month for the TV Drive and the 2nd box becomes £5 a month.
Not quite. I already have two STBs at the moment. The TVDrive will replace the main STB and the old STB then becomes a second box or in my case a third box.

Does this mean I will have two extra STBs or will they simply remove the existing second STB and replace it with the old main STB?

If the former is the case I will have one extra STB at £15 per month and another extra STB at £5 per month.

If the latter is true, I will save £10 on my existing second STB which will offset the TVDrive cost and be charged £5 per month on the second STB so I'll be paying the same monthly charge.

Dioes that make sense?
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 15:41   #365
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] Where is HD from NTL? When?

I don't know how it will work with already having 2 STBs.
Old 17-10-2006, 17:49   #366
McYorkie
Inactive

McYorkie is a jewel in the roughMcYorkie is a jewel in the roughMcYorkie is a jewel in the roughMcYorkie is a jewel in the roughMcYorkie is a jewel in the rough
Re: [Merged] Where is HD from NTL? When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
I don't know how it will work with already having 2 STBs.
Ah - good to see that the marketing department people haven't figured that situation into their planning then for customers who already have 2 STB's.

In theory though, wouldn't it be simple enough to be treated the same way as keeping the original box, only it would be the second box moving not the master perhaps, because we're going to be in the same boat as ntluser with 2 STBs in the house and no spare drops off the master network connection on the brown dropbox outside.

All the same, it is good to have confirmation of the pricing structure for the TV Drive at last - shame there's going to be a restriction of one per house on ex CWC side of the network initially.
McYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote