Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

Old 06-07-2006, 10:29   #271
ZoMBiE
Inactive

ZoMBiE is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

I find tech support India just does not see the same issues as Swansea, I found dealing with Chetnet forum guys (Though most are ex employees now) sorted any of my problems much quicker than Indian techsupport could or would do.
ZoMBiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2006, 12:08   #272
ofirgal

I found the chetnet team more worried about the rules of their site than anything else. In any case, they said that in the case of failing proxy system or similar network issues there's NOTHING they can do to help.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:32   #273
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Nildram uses 0870, which given my 40 min wait to them yesterday I was angry, but the call was handled well and they are supposedbly ringing me back today to finish of the resolution. Given that they are within the uk and if he rings back as promised I will be satisfied.

If 0870 leads me to a foreign call centre tho and I then had to play pass the parcel and keep ringing back I would be wondering why I am been charged national rate for a bottom line service.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 22:27   #274
ofirgal

Thanks to whichever team member passed my details to Richard B at NTL. He was very helpful.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:12   #275
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofirgal
I was asked by the moderator to put the link in my signature.
Then stop spamming it in your posts too.

If I see it again blatantly put in a post when it's alread sitting in your sig, then you will receive a ban.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 14:25   #276
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Ntl Support Call Cost Message

Having had the unpleasant task of calling ntl for faults support, and knowing that I was going to have to pay them for the priviledge image my surprise to hear:
"calls will cost you 5p a minute from a BT line, other phone lines may vary", or words to that effect.

As it was a broadband problem, I had to redial the more expensive 0871 number to get a similar message:
"calls will cost you 10p a minute from a BT line ..."

I'm an ntl customer, calling from an ntl line. Surely ntl should tell me, what it's costing using your own services, not what it's going to cost from a competitor's line.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 14:30   #277
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star
Re: Ntl Support Call Cost Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob C
Having had the unpleasant task of calling ntl for faults support, and knowing that I was going to have to pay them for the priviledge image my surprise to hear:
"calls will cost you 5p a minute from a BT line, other phone lines may vary", or words to that effect.

As it was a broadband problem, I had to redial the more expensive 0871 number to get a similar message:
"calls will cost you 10p a minute from a BT line ..."

I'm an ntl customer, calling from an ntl line. Surely ntl should tell me, what it's costing using your own services, not what it's going to cost from a competitor's line.
There's alrady a thread about this, although digging it up just wasn't possible (damn rubbish search skills for me...)

I think they have to do it by law.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 14:33   #278
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

They may have to do an announcement by law, but if so why not add in a phrase to cover ntl's charges. Or does it in fact cost more to call from an ntl line, and they don't want us, the customer to know that.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 14:35   #279
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

I had to phone them recently and wasn't impressed at the charge. No customer should ever have to pay to report a fault. A service is paid for and not delivered.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 15:06   #280
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob C
They may have to do an announcement by law, but if so why not add in a phrase to cover ntl's charges. Or does it in fact cost more to call from an ntl line, and they don't want us, the customer to know that.
Yes!
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 15:33   #281
APS
Inactive

APS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the rough

At least for now you can get to customer services for free by calling 0800 052 3663 and selecting option 2.

APS
APS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 15:45   #282
sarahlouise45
Inactive

Services: TV, BB + Phone
sarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to sarahlouise45

Quote:
Originally Posted by APS
At least for now you can get to customer services for free by calling 0800 052 3663 and selecting option 2.

APS
Is that for definate now???
sarahlouise45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 16:44   #283
bonzoe
cf.mega poster

bonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud of

0870 numbers Mon-Fri 0600-1800 8.10p...1800-0600 4.30p Sat-Sun...2.75p
in my area anyway, NTL want your postcode before giving tariff although it claims to be a National company
bonzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 17:42   #284
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Summat to do with this thread I think:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=46633
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 22:43   #285
XFS03

Services: XL broadband ntl250 modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzoe
0870 numbers Mon-Fri 0600-1800 8.10p...1800-0600 4.30p Sat-Sun...2.75p
in my area anyway, NTL want your postcode before giving tariff although it claims to be a National company
ntl don't use the 0870 number for broadband technical support, they use an 0871 number, which is 10p/min at all times.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Just had a look at the "contact us" page on ntl's website.
It looks like they have cocked up the pricing for the call charges.
They are saying it costs no more than 5p/min for the 0845 and the 0871 numbers.

They have also missed out the service status number on the Bromley page, which is probably why the formatting is out as well.
Doesn't anyone check the pages before they go live?

http://www.ntlworld.com/helpsupport/...us/bromley.php
http://www.ntlworld.com/helpsupport/...us/langley.php