Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

[Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

Old 26-03-2006, 23:04   #211
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig
Re: [Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
What's even more laughable, is that ntl gave us their new & revised customer charter on the 16th of January 2006 (only 10 weeks ago)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/...er-information

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/files/nt...merCharter.pdf

And clearly on page 16 it says:

Yet on the 8th of March 2006 (Only 7 weeks after that charter was given to us), ntl did a huge great 'U' turn & decided to end the free calls from it's customers & make money from them by forcing them to use 0845 & 0870 numbers.

What a bunch of idiots-they can't even follow their own charter.

It just confirms that you can never trust what ntl says or even puts in writing, as it could so easily change 6 weeks later.
i have to agree and yet another reason to leave if they charge me for any of this stuff mentioned
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2006, 13:09   #212
perfect-bliss
Inactive

Services: BB, DTV & telco
perfect-bliss is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: [Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

Im glad that the number is changing. The amount of stupid calls that u get coming through the call centres is unbelieveable
perfect-bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 13:19   #213
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect-bliss
Im glad that the number is changing. The amount of stupid calls that u get coming through the call centres is unbelieveable
What do you mean?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 13:32   #214
perfect-bliss
Inactive

Cool Re: [Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

Well ive received calls where customers want to pay their vodafone bills, where they are asking silly questions which have obvious answers and also calls that have nothing to do with NTL. There are some weirdo's out there and i had a guy once telling me how much he loved me and was talkin about God. Ppl like that are holding customers in queues who have genuine problems, and ppl always moan about the call queue. Charging for the calls will mean less ppl call in therefore ppl who have a genuine query can get an answer quicker. Doin that will improve customer service
Old 28-03-2006, 13:33   #215
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Well, I'm sure that being such the patient and understand person you are will help you deal with 'stupid' customers in the future.

Of course, why would charging for the call stop such 'stupid' calls? Surely if someone is 'stupid' then they're going to call anyway?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 28-03-2006, 13:48   #216
perfect-bliss
Inactive

HA! ur havin a winge about call charges, i dont think someone is gonna wanna call for somethin trivial and want to pay for it. Theyd just figure it out on their own. Like customers are advised of a time frame to expect a tech or install and they call to make sure theyre comin, and they could call like every hour. thatll stop now!

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

I must say tho, if someone is calling to report a fault, then a customer shouldnt have to pay for that. its not their fault, so they shouldnt be penalised
Old 28-03-2006, 13:49   #217
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
HA! ur havin a winge about call charges, i dont think someone is gonna wanna call for somethin trivial and want to pay for it. Theyd just figure it out on their own. Like customers are advised of a time frame to expect a tech or install and they call to make sure theyre comin, and they could call like every hour. thatll stop now!
I'm amazed at how people with attitudes like yours manage to stay in Tech Support. So customers call up with questions which have 'obvious' answers...well yes, obvious to you but have you ever stopped to think that not everyone has your level of knowledge?

And how dare people call back to ensure an install/tech visit is going ahead!

I mean, it's not like installs ever get missed only for the customer to call back to find out why and be told "sorry sir there's no mention of anyone been sent out to you" is it?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 28-03-2006, 14:15   #218
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

perfect bliss - without customers you wouldnt get paid.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 14:42   #219
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

perfect-bliss, you are making some reasonable, argumentative points but try being a little less in-your-face and you may find that people might agree with you more!

It may be reasonable to have a small charge to discourage excessive use but it would help if there was some kind of bounty paid back if your call was to report a genuine fault, etc.
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 23:57   #220
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I think you're the one being stupid, after all those quick calls with the easy answers are the ones that help keep your average call times down.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 02:47   #221
BarFly
Inactive

BarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to BarFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I think you're the one being stupid, after all those quick calls with the easy answers are the ones that help keep your average call times down.
lmao. Someone knows the job to well.....
BarFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 12:21   #222
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
If they don't think the fault is trivial, then they'll call whether you consider it trivial or not..

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarFly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
lmao. Someone knows the job to well.....
IIRC, the somebody used to work in a Call Centre..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 12:37   #223
perfect-bliss
Inactive

I dont actually work in tech support mind. I just cant get over how strongly u guys feel bout having to pay for the calls.
My parents are NTL customers and we dont have any problems with the services. Therefore im guessin that most of the ppl on here have had really bad problems with NTL in the past?
Old 29-03-2006, 12:41   #224
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
I dont actually work in tech support mind. I just cant get over how strongly u guys feel bout having to pay for the calls.
Have you actually read this thread all the way through?

Quote:
My parents are NTL customers and we dont have any problems with the services.
I'm alright jack?

Quote:
Therefore im guessin that most of the ppl on here have had really bad problems with NTL in the past?
No **** Sherlock

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 29-03-2006, 13:53   #225
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
IIRC, the somebody used to work in a Call Centre..
Yep, Natwest (A great call centre at the time) and British Gas (Boiler breakdown - yuck - would never go back).

Used to love those 30 second calls at Natwest where people only wanted to know what time their branch closed or who their branch manager was. Some may think they were "stupid" questions but thy helped me keep my average call length under 2.45 min.

As for Ntl I've still not been convinced that it's anything more than a cynical money making ploy.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote