Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

Old 10-03-2006, 23:46   #136
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoolwelshbloke
Yep that's right, we will very soon have the privilage of paying NTL for their poor service!
Didn't think you cared:

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/...9&postcount=17
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2006, 23:50   #137
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Wahey!!!!

Busted

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:17   #138
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Wahey!!!!

Busted
Now that has made my day
Old 11-03-2006, 07:29   #139
whippetwoman
Inactive

whippetwoman is on a distinguished roadwhippetwoman is on a distinguished road
Cool 0845 0870 numbers

Ntl have today informed us that calls are going to be charged at 5 p a minute using the 0845 format. Are they trying to kid us that this is a good idea! Whats wrong with calls at national rates, they're cheaper.
Have a look at the 'saynoto0845numbers' site. We should resist by not using them.
whippetwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:37   #140
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Quote:
Yep that's right, we will very soon have the privilage of paying NTL for their poor service!
Didn't think you cared:

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/...9&postcount=17
In his defence, if you read on, he's actually talking about Sky getting rid of their freephone number loophole.
He says he doesn't mind Sky charging as they their Customer Service is better, and they are open 24 hours a day.
He says he has a problem with ntl charging because it is poor CS and more money?
Anyway, just thought i'd point that out.
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:29   #141
Ignition
Permanently Banned

Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadplay
They're honestly not throttling Bill - the technology isn't in place!

I could traffic shape (which is what I think the discussion refers to) with a not very expensive Cisco router.

I could comprehensively throttle on usage with a router and a AAA server.
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:24   #142
XFS03

Services: XL broadband ntl250 modem
Re: [Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

Just received my "ntl: insider" email with details about the new numbers, but the charges they quote are when phoning from an ntl line only:-

"Calls cost no more than 5p per minute for 0845 numbers and 10p per minute for 0871 numbers from ntl a landlines. All chargeable calls are subject to a 6p connection charge. Calls from non-ntl lines may vary."

Being with BT, I had a look around on the internet.
The 0845 number will cost me no more than 3p/min (inc VAT) and there is no connection charge (although there is a minimum charge of 4.2p per call).

The 0871 number is not a national call number, but a "contactcall" number. This can be charged at anywhere between 0.5p/min to 10p/min. ntl have chosen to charge the maximum of 10p.

So ntl are actually charging their own telephone network users 2p/min more than BT customers for phoning customer support (plus the 6p connection fee).
Old 11-03-2006, 11:24   #143
UncleBooBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Thank you Pia for adding that, as I have said before it's easy to take snippets to make a person look bad ain't it guy's!

I don't mind paying when it comes to sky or most other businesses!

I do when it comes to NTL, simply because in my opinion sky get it right first time, so have all other businesses I do business with!

NTL takes many calls to get even the simplest issue resolved, and even then it does not always get resolved and you end up having to post here on this site in order to get your issues resolved!

NTL have very poor CS you know that and so do I, and I have not been busted at all!

If it was a case of one call and all was ok again with NTL then it would not be so bad. However that is not the case with NTL as far as i'm concerned!
Old 11-03-2006, 19:51   #144
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia
He says he doesn't mind Sky charging as they their Customer Service is better, and they are open 24 hours a day.
In his opinion. BillC and others have had a real problem with Sky (I'm in the middle of getting my Sky+ box replaced as it's fubar). Either paying to call a company is o.k. or it's not, you can't slag one company for it and not another. He has the I'm alright Jack mentality (he has no need to ring Sky constantly so it's o.k. for them but not Ntl), seems like double standards to me Pia.

Edit -

Quote:
I do when it comes to NTL, simply because in my opinion sky get it right first time
Point proven.

Edited - to change , to a .
Old 11-03-2006, 20:04   #145
Bill C

Quote:

If it was a case of one call and all was ok again with NTL then it would not be so bad. However that is not the case with NTL as far as i'm concerned!
If it was a case of one call and all was ok again with Sky then it would not be so bad. However that is not the case with Sky as far as i'm concerned!

Does that ring a bell
Old 11-03-2006, 21:18   #146
UncleBooBoo

Took you a long time to come up with that response didn't it Bill!

Shaun please point out who the others are? Because I can no doubt double your responses by giving the user id's of people on here! there seems to be a hell of a lot more complaint's on here about how NTL is run as a company and about the way their CS handle things than their is on DS about Sky!

From what I can see on DS the only complaint there is about sky is their 0870 number!

I would say you have proven nothing, other than bill has had a major problem!

I have had 16 boxes replace by NTL in 10 months, now that is what I call bad!

And as a proven point I will be give notice on my Broadband at the end of the month, I will have to wait till then because of the latest co*k up on my bill! As I said I talk with my wallet not with my mouth!

And just to point out, I am not trying to turn this into a Sky V's NTL thread. If Sky are wrong I will be the first to put them down too! Sky are not the all and end all!
Old 11-03-2006, 21:27   #147
Shaun
Inactive

Quote:
Shaun please point out who the others are?

You have proven nothing, other than bill has had a major problem!
Read for yourself, I pulled your post from over there.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/...splay.php?f=35

You can't slag one company for something and then be a fanboy of another for the same reason. I may not agree with 0870/0845/0879/090 numbers for support but at least I'm consistent about it.

I'm bored with your waffle now, so I'm off to find something more interesting to do if that's the best response you can come up with. Consider yourself still busted mate.
Old 11-03-2006, 21:39   #148
UncleBooBoo

Ummmm yes I can, Because when I sign up for something and they have an 0870 number then I accept that, Plus I get satisfaction of knowing when I call them my issues will be resolved with just one call.

This is not the case with NTL, When I signed up it was a freephone number, it is now chargable, Do BT charge NO!

Plus I know that NTL do not make any record of any calls, or at least very rare they do!

And if you want proof just try viewing my notes!

Just to add, take a look around these forums for proof of the amount of people who have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve the simplest of faults/errors!

I suppose you think they deserve to pay for the privalige!
Old 11-03-2006, 21:44   #149
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Shaun please point out who the others are? Because I can no doubt double your responses by giving the user id's of people on here! there seems to be a hell of a lot more complaint's on here about how NTL is run as a company and about the way their CS handle things than their is on DS about Sky!
That's because DS is a media site.

Quote:
Plus I know that NTL do not make any record of any calls, or at least very rare they do!
Yeah just like you 'know' all ntl staff are muppets and you 'know' that the majority of calls ntl take are people reporting faults.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 21:47   #150
UncleBooBoo

Shaun, I just wanted to say that the major results on DS are down to a customers equiptment, most of which are because of alignment problems. (Loss of picture etc...)

Please point out a load of posts that complain about Sky's CS & billing?
(any you can point out, no doubt can be matched ten fold on here!)

There are many people moaning about the 0870 number but that asside?

Let's not forget, the equiptment ain't sky's it's the customers and if they don't like the FREE equiptment they are given then why not put your hand in your wallets and pay for better like I did!

EDIT: that was a poor reply you gave above mate!

DS has a forum, it maybe a media site but it is just as popular as this one!

Ohhhh and I stand by the above comment 100% you and I know loads of people have encountered probs and called back just to be told their is no record of any previous call!

Even more so when it comes to cancellations, how many people have had their credit ruined due to the fact NTL have been billing them for months after they ended their services?

Just to end up getting letters and calls from debt collection agencies!

I guess in your eye's they deserve to pay to contavt NTL just to get those issues resolved!

You know as well as others at what i'm saying holds some truth to it, that's why you bite back so hard!