Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

My NTL Customer Experience Diary... the story so far

Old 13-07-2006, 01:01   #1
WhyOhWhy
Inactive

WhyOhWhy is an unknown quantity at this point
My NTL Customer Experience Diary... the story so far

I just thought I would post my customer experience of NTL...

The Back story

I have been a customer with NTL for over 5 years now, and until recently I have not had any real problems with customer services, mainly due to having no complaint or problem with the services I have received. In November 2005, I moved to my current property, and had my service moved to my current address...

The problem begins

Week1
16th of June 2006 (Friday), both mine and my neighbours NTL Broad Band went down. I reported the fault, and was assured by the gentleman at broadband support that there was a problem in my area and the fault would be resolved by 10am the following day. - later I was informed that there was no fault or work listed for my area during the time of the fault. (20 mins call)

18th of June 2006 (Sunday), The fault still persisted, once again I called broad band support, they tried to book an engineer, but could not as the system to place bookings was currently unavailable. I was promised to be called back the same day to arrange an appointment. (30 mins call)

19th of June 2006 (Monday), I had not been called back by broad band support, so I called again, this time I believed I had made an appointment with an engineer for the 20th of June, between 12 and 6 pm. (20 mins call)

20th of June 2006 (Tuesday), having spent the day at home, no engineer attended my premises. Contacted broadband support and was told the following:
· The engineer had finished at 3pm, clearing the job
· There was a local fault so the engineer ignored it, believing it would be resolved in due course.
· Re-booked an engineer for Friday the 23rd of June, 12 – 6pm.
(40 mins call)

** 21st of June 2006, Neighbour had an engineer repair the fault **

110 minutes on the phone

Week 2
23rd of June 2006 (Friday), Once again waited for an engineer, and again the engineer did not attend the premises (yes my door bell does work, and the house is clearly identifiable). Called broadband support again, and was informed the following:
· The engineer has resolved your fault outside of the house.
· Then informed that broadband support had the wrong address (and had been sending engineers to the wrong address)
· Broadband support could arrange for an engineer to attend my current address or correct my address in the system, in addition they were unable to add any comments to a request for an engineer to explain the situation. (I am currently living 2 minutes walking distance from my previous address)
· Told to contact customer services, to get my address corrected on NTL’s system, when customer services open tomorrow.

(40 mins call)

At this point NTL had been billing me at my current address for around 9 months.

24th June 2006 (Saturday), As instructed I called customer services, who confirmed that the billing address was correct, but my address was different on other systems they use. To correct this I had to call Home moving on Monday, when they are open. (20 mins call)

26th June 2006 (Monday), I Attempted to get through to home moving, after an hour on hold I was transferred to customer services, who then transferred me back to home moving. I got through to home moving, and was asked to verify the security information on my account, they refused to accept the DoB I gave (but did not verify they had the correct account number), the individual I spoke to was less than polite and I was again bounced back to customer services, this time without being warned before hand. Customer services then confirmed they had the correct DoB on the system, and again I was put in the queue for home moving. This time home moving accepted the security information I gave, then the call was lost / cut off. (over an hour)

Called customer services again to explain the situation and was promised a call back. (10 mins)

Called customer services again as I had received no call back, the operator who shall be called V., then said she had escalated the problem to home moving. (10 mins)

27th June 2006 (Tuesday), Attempted to contact home moving again, the call was cut off while giving the account details. (20 mins)
Attempted to call V. after no contact, informed that either V. or the operator contacted would call back, email was sent to V. (10 mins)

28th June 2006 (Wednesday), Called home moving again, once again explained the problem to the call handler, and either got cut off, or hung up on. (20 mins)

Called customer services to see if home moving had updated the system prior to losing my call, customer services confirmed that they hadn’t and that I should call home moving again in the morning. (10 mins)

300 minutes on the phone

Week 3
30th June 2006 (Firday), Called home moving again, explained the problem and asked to hold, once again I was transferred to customer services instead of being put on hold. Call handler put me in contact with D. who was currently on the phone to home moving and would call me back shortly. (1 hour)

D. Called Back!!!
· Raised a fault with the moving department
· Back office will look into the fault on Monday
· Try to arrange an engineer ASAP, and will call back to confirm.(10 mins)

D. Called back again, had arranged for a meeting with the individuals concerned and contact with a solution on Monday (10am).

3rd July 2006 (Monday), by 3-4pm, no call had been received from D.
Called customer services, informed that systems were currently down, call back later.(10 mins)

I called customer service again, got transferred to an unknown department, and was asked to call back tomorrow.

4th July 2006 (Tuesday), contacted customer services, requested to speak to D., who was then emailed. (5 mins)

D. called me back, he had put in a request to the home moving department to change the address and to contact D. when complete, however the request was deleted by the home moving team. He’d call back. (5 mins)

D. called me back again, back-office had miss-edited my customer file, but this would be resolved by Friday, engineer would be sent to my current address between 8 and 1 on Friday.

405 minutes on the phone

Week 4
7th July 2006 (Friday), once again no engineer had arrived within the allotted time slot and I contacted customer services. It turns out that a Mr P. from broad band support had cancelled my appointment on Thursday, without contacting myself or adding a note to the file explaining why the appointment had been cancelled. P. was meant to contact me to explain his actions, but never did. (15 mins)

D. called back, and would contact me again when he had an engineer booked.

11th July 2006 (Tuesday), called the broad band support to book an engineer and was informed that no service was available at my address. (5 mins)

Called customer support, an email was sent to D. (10 mins)

12th July 2006 (Wednesday), called broad band support, this time I was informed that my MAC ID of my modem had been cancelled by customer services. I was subsequently transferred to customer services who were closed. (30 mins)

so far, 450 minutes on the phone to try and resolve this fault.
WhyOhWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-07-2006, 06:57   #2
claret
Inactive

claret is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My NTL Customer Experience Diary... the story so far

not far off the same kind of reasons that i jacked in with them

And i bet your phone bill aint gonna be a pretty site
claret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 08:22   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

:Welcome: WhyOhWhy to Cable Forum

You've certainly had the run around from ntl with that little lot

Cable Forum has contacts within ntl that can escalate these matters, which might help you to get a more positive resolution. If you want us to get them involved, please send me a PM with account name, account number, full address, daytime phone number and email for contact. If there are any other details you left off from your post, please supply them too.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 12:59   #4
Doofy
Inactive

Doofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation era

Much the same problem here after i moved address literally 2 mins walk got billed in arrears again for moving, phone and broadband disconnected for no apparent reason reconnected got charged for that one. With the charges in arrears for moving reconnection fees for there **** up ended up with a bill for £192.00 which they insisted i paid, when i said no way promptly had my services suspended ended up paying the lot. Now i have given them my 30 days notice and they can stick it. I usually had no problems with NTL till recently when everything is a total **** up and CS, Tech support are absolutely sodding useless, still receiving bills for the old tenants which have now been passed to a collection agency despite myself, my wife pleading with NTL that they no longer live here never worked. How the hell they get away with treating paying customers like this is absolutlely beyond me it really is.......
Doofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 15:34   #5
WhyOhWhy
Inactive

WhyOhWhy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have refused to pay for the service they currently are not providing, fortunately, I am not paying by direct debt in this instance...

As for billing, my other half still receives bills for his previous address (they are still adding X amount per month) for an NTL account he closed. After contacting customer services a few times about this, they stated that they recognised the fault in there billing system, and please return/ignore the bills if you receive them... hopefully that wasn't misguided advise... and as a note to anyone else who read the key words 'ignore' 'letters' 'from NTL', if you should receive a bill or any letter asking for money from NTL or any other organisation, please don't just ignore it, deal with it appropriately.

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

... As for the Phone Bill...

My Mobile bill was over £50 this month (usually it is under £15), so yes, I am less than pleased about the situation....

Fortunately my other half’s mobile has 0845 included in his contract minutes (he believes this is the case anyway), so I have been using his mobile lately... however we'll see when we receive the phone bill. I’ll tot up the total once the fault is resolved and all the phone bills for the period are in……
WhyOhWhy is offline   Reply With Quote