Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

[Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

Old 08-03-2006, 11:56   #1
jingleman

[Merged] Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

Just received latest NTL bill. Enclosed is leaflet for new phone numbers to call from 8 May.

0800 052 2000 becomes 0845 454 00 00
Broadband tech support is to become 0871 225 1111

Just thought I'd post this information as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Quite spooky really, I was just on the phone cancelling my broadand
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2006, 12:01   #2
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Tech Support to be charged at 0871 rate from 8 May

So take away the 151/150 number then switch it to a paid for number for customer support.

Still at least they don't do the Sky 0870 rate for cust service calls.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:04   #3
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
So take away the 151/150 number then switch it to a paid for number for customer support.

Still at least they don't do the Sky 0870 rate for cust service calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingleman
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:07   #4
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

I'm surprised they kept their 0800 numbers as long as they did really...
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:07   #5
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

national flippin number rate! and 0845 is also expensive compared to a proper local number.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:08   #6
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

I wonder...

Telewest charge you if you dial their 0845 number, but if you call 150 from your phoneline its free. Could the same apply?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:09   #7
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

150 hasn't worked for some time now on my ntl telco line.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:10   #8
Horace
©Beam Software

Services: BB (200mbit), 1x V6, iPad, iPhone
Horace has disabled reputation

Just checked BT's prices and although 0871 225 isn't listed, it falls into the same group as the other 0871 22X numbers which are charged at 10p per minute .
Horace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:11   #9
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

I did hear a while ago that they were stopping that, but I wouldn't be surprised if they re-introduced it ala Telewest
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:12   #10
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Customer service calls will still be 0845 rates (for now)

I really loathe spending 20+ minutes on the phone to Sky paying 0870 rates. For tech support I suppose its a way of putting people who still have connections but have issues with them onto the online tools instead of calling in.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:14   #11
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

they would have raked it in last night from all their callers. something not right about charging people to ring you to discuss how your speed is ****e or sites aren't working.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:55   #12
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingleman
Just received latest NTL bill. Enclosed is leaflet for new phone numbers to call from 8 May.

0800 052 2000 becomes 0845 454 00 00

Just thought I'd post this information as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Quite spooky really, I was just on the phone cancelling my broadand
Just searched "NTL" on http://www.saynoto0870.com
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:57   #13
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
they would have raked it in last night from all their callers. something not right about charging people to ring you to discuss how your speed is ****e or sites aren't working.
Its worse considering they are the 2nd largest telco provider in the UK and that the majority of the calls are contained within their own network.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:58   #14
thewiccaman
cf.member

Services: VM SACM 20mb, TV, Phone
thewiccaman is an unknown quantity at this point

When it kicks in, try this site:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

for the geographic number or an unlisted 0800 number. Also very useful for other companies that try and scam you with 0845 and 0870 numbers. I use it for my mobile co - vodafone, my bank, credit card, loads really.

It doesn't always find a number but there is the option to add one if you have one that's not in their database. And it's quite legit too - got it from the finance guy on bbc radio 2!

Oops! just noticed Jedimaster has listed this site a couple of posts up from mine! Well worth it!
thewiccaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 13:31   #15
bo-peep
Inactive

bo-peep will become famous soon enoughbo-peep will become famous soon enoughbo-peep will become famous soon enough

sum stupid guy on the fone just told me that the 0845 and 0871 numbers cost the same 2 ring.dunno where he got his info from.bin using saynoto 4 the past 2 yrs.if u can't find a number then if u register u can post and ask 4 1.
bo-peep is offline   Reply With Quote