Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What have you just bought?

Old 19-07-2022, 13:49   #5881
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
https://a.aliexpress.com/_v6Hr88

Its from like the Chinese version of Amazon/Ebay so they take a few weeks to turn up but all instructions are in English and it was so simple to setup. I order quite a few gadgets from there and it was a lightning type deal but still only about £15 now.

You can find some on Ebay but they tend to be about £35+ and many of them ship from China anyway.
£7.97 (inc. VAT) with free shipping - thanks again.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2022, 17:38   #5882
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Can't complain at that price

Keep in mind its USB powered but comes with a USB cable. My power sockets have a USB port and was within range of the shelf I stuck it to upside down. They give you a mounting bracket and some screws in case you want to do that but I just used some gorilla tape to stick the bracket to the underneath of the shelf but it will sit on anything ok too.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2022, 09:07   #5883
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

20kg Bag of wild bird seed.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2022, 13:31   #5884
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

3 tickets to the England v South Africa ODI at Headingley this Sunday.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2022, 17:53   #5885
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

A full tank of E5 petrol. 37 litres for £72.11 (194.9p/ltr). Standard E10 was 187.9 and diesel 196.9.

The last time I filled her up was back in February, when E5 was 150.9.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2022, 19:36   #5886
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Yes, noticed that. The cable provided with the tablet did fast charging, the one with the charger super fast. Shame as cable with tablet is much longer.

I have brightness way lower than that.

One other issue is the resolution is some games is very low so huge items on screen. On S2 I had an app to adjust the resolution for individual games but can't see that setting on S8. I still have to get the really crashy app moved over as need to get developers to copy over some of the achievements.

It is nice though to annotate PDF's and have all the information in one place though I do like to have paper copies too. I'll see how things work when classes resume.
This right angled 3metre cable supports super fast 2.0 charging for the 45w charger if you need a better cable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-USB-...ps%2C91&sr=8-4
Old 21-07-2022, 14:23   #5887
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Christmas tree from balsam hill £378 , 50% off !
Old 21-07-2022, 14:38   #5888
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Christmas tree from balsam hill £378 , 50% off !
That has got to be some tree. Is there a pic anywhere
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2022, 22:07   #5889
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Breakdown cover, 12 months road tax and renewed my driving licence.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2022, 08:35   #5890
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

TV license £159
Old 22-07-2022, 10:18   #5891
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
TV license £159
I just cancelled mine.
I do not watch live TV apart from the soaps which I can watch on demand except for Eastenders which I found posted regularly on the news groups so I literally can do it with breaching the TV License laws. Anything else I actually want to watch on the beeb I can download elsewhere anyway so stuff the TV Tax
Old 22-07-2022, 10:29   #5892
Tinky
To err is human

Well the old man likes his black and white movies, especially if John Wayne stars in them and also all sports, I can't deny him can I? At around 44p per day if my calculations are correct, is cheap entertainment.
Old 22-07-2022, 10:37   #5893
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I just cancelled mine.
I do not watch live TV apart from the soaps which I can watch on demand except for Eastenders which I found posted regularly on the news groups so I literally can do it with breaching the TV License laws. Anything else I actually want to watch on the beeb I can download elsewhere anyway so stuff the TV Tax
Just be ready for the theatening letters and Bozoe visits.

Tip: The Bozoes have no right of entry and you can send them packing.

BTW it's 14 years since we paid the BBC tax and they've given up sending Bozoes.
Old 22-07-2022, 18:40   #5894
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
That has got to be some tree. Is there a pic anywhere
There plenty on their website www.balsamhill.co.uk
Old 22-07-2022, 18:47   #5895
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Just be ready for the theatening letters and Bozoe visits.

Tip: The Bozoes have no right of entry and you can send them packing.

BTW it's 14 years since we paid the BBC tax and they've given up sending Bozoes.

I legit have no connected equipment so have nothing to worry about all ready for em, kinda looking forward to it hahaha

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
There plenty on their website www.balsamhill.co.uk
Got to say some of them look really impressive

The Nordmann Fir look really good. Shame I do not celebrate Christmas or I might have invested my cost of living payment on one hahaha