Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cable Forum Launches ntl Responsetek

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cable Forum Launches ntl Responsetek

Old 12-08-2005, 21:13   #46
Roy MM
Inactive

Services: NTL cable 20mb Broadband, V+ package.
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Roy MM
Re: Cable Forum Launches ntl Responsetek

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsonsFAN
No fraid not. But 10Mbps broadband would have been very usefull at the time thoughMick, I suggest you visit the following two URLs:

(1) http://www.ntl.com/home/responsetek/ntlhome.asp

(2) http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...ek/ntlhome.asp

Infact, just do a quick google search for "ntl responsetek" and then on verious forums, then look at the date on them, and then the date that you announced it
-Chris
Launched on here with the blessing of NTL, numb nuts.

Sorry team.
Roy MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2005, 21:37   #47
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I suggest you visit the following two URLs:

Infact, just do a quick google search for "ntl responsetek" and then on verious forums, then look at the date on them, and then the date that you announced it
-Chris
I don't need to look thankyou - I am very well aware when *ntl* launched responsetek on ntl.com and ntlworld.com. The point you seem to be missing is that the thread title suggests that Cable Forum Launches Responsetek, on this website, I.E it was launched on Cable Forum.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 21:55   #48
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

SimpsonsFan, you seem to be coming across as a little bitter about something? Is there anything we can help you with?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2005, 10:46   #49
simpsonsFAN
Inactive

simpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
The point you seem to be missing is that the thread title suggests that Cable Forum Launches Responsetek, on this website, I.E it was launched on Cable Forum.
Ah ok, so basically all you did was just put a link to it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
SimpsonsFan, you seem to be coming across as a little bitter about something? Is there anything we can help you with?
Moi? Bitter? no.. Got the wrong guy there paul

-Chris
simpsonsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2005, 12:13   #50
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
The point you seem to be missing is that the thread title suggests that Cable Forum Launches Responsetek, on this website, I.E it was launched on Cable Forum.
Ah ok, so basically all you did was just put a link to it?
Don't be a cheeky git.
We did launch this on Cable Forum after months of talks & meetings with NTL.
The company behind this tool actually made a special version for Cable Forum, it's unique to us.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2005, 17:03   #51
Paul K
Inactive

Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote:
Moi? Bitter? no.. Got the wrong guy there paul

-Chris
No, I believe that a number of people on this forum have you pegged Chris.
Old 15-08-2005, 18:43   #52
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

For the sceptics around here I can personnally vouch that the Responsetek system is receiving attention by ntl. I left feedback last week regarding a shoddy standard cable repull to my house. I've just been called by ntl, checking up on the current situation and arranging to send someone out to do it properly.

In case you are interested, they failed to bury the new cable either on the pavement (token guesture of using tarmac over the cable, and it's already surfaced), or as it crossed my garden. They also didn't connect the phone up properly.

The system works. Use it
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 18:44   #53
rscott101
Inactive

rscott101 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used the system last week and got my responses today. They've replied to 3 of my 4 comments.
One reply was attempting to be helpful - suggested I get customer services extension, surname or desk number when I called. I've pointed out that when I've asked this, I've been refused this info.

The others can best be described as fluff. They begin by saying how NTL are committed to improving and end by apologising. They miss the important part of the response - whether they intend to address the issue raised.
rscott101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 20:16   #54
Paul K
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob C
For the sceptics around here I can personnally vouch that the Responsetek system is receiving attention by ntl. I left feedback last week regarding a shoddy standard cable repull to my house. I've just been called by ntl, checking up on the current situation and arranging to send someone out to do it properly.

In case you are interested, they failed to bury the new cable either on the pavement (token guesture of using tarmac over the cable, and it's already surfaced), or as it crossed my garden. They also didn't connect the phone up properly.

The system works. Use it
Hope you aren't getting preferential treatment due to your team status
It would actually be good if someone from NTL management would actually feedback to the forum just what they are doing to address some of the issues raised so far. At least that way people can see for themselves what is happening to improve the service.
Old 16-08-2005, 20:38   #55
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
To clarify - they wouldn't know Rob's details from Adam, to be able to link him to the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott101
I used the system last week and got my responses today. They've replied to 3 of my 4 comments.
One reply was attempting to be helpful - suggested I get customer services extension, surname or desk number when I called. I've pointed out that when I've asked this, I've been refused this info.

The others can best be described as fluff. They begin by saying how NTL are committed to improving and end by apologising. They miss the important part of the response - whether they intend to address the issue raised.
Send me a private message with some details such as the e-mail address you used on the responsetek tool and I will forward this on to our ntl contact to investigate. To send me a Private message click on my name on this post and select 'Send a private message to Mick'. from the drop down menu. Thanks.

Edit: I am confused, what issue do want addressing, you have mentioned in another thread you are no longer an ntl customer?
Old 16-08-2005, 22:38   #56
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I can definitely confirm that nothing in the stuff I've sent via Responsetek states that I am part of the CF team.

Ntl will know the comments have come via the CF portal but other than that only identification is my address, phone and ntl account number.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 01:26   #57
rscott101
Inactive

rscott101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mick, I'll try to clarify things.

One of the issues I raised in Responsetek was the refund which CS told me had been refused but didn't know why. The comment I got back was 'we hope this has been resolved'. I sort of hoped they might take ownership and try get it sorted.
Turns out that it hadn't actually been refused - CS had just given me duff info on 3 occasions.

By 'fluff' I meant irrelevant PR speak. I'd mentioned in Responstek that it didn't seem to be possible to call certain departments directly. Got a response that 'NTL ... are working hard to ensure we can reduce call waiting times'. Good news, just not relevant.
rscott101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 01:43   #58
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Hi rscott101,

If you still want me to forward your details to our ntl contact so it can be investigated, the offer still stands. Thanks.