Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Harmony

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Harmony

Old 02-07-2004, 14:22   #16
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: Harmony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
What I want to know is how the customer I referred to earlier is better off under the great Harmony when he is still getting 2 x bills each month?
Because after more upgrades have occurred, the customer will only get one bill. This will be possible with harmony, but was not possible with the old billing systems.

straight enough answer for you?
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2004, 14:27   #17
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybreath
Because after more upgrades have occurred, the customer will only get one bill. This will be possible with harmony, but was not possible with the old billing systems.

straight enough answer for you?
Better.

So when (for example) can that customer expect to just start receiving one bill MB?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 14:29   #18
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Better.

So when (for example) can that customer expect to just start receiving one bill MB?
no idea sorry... i don't know which harmony upgrade will implement this, but i will try to find out.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 17:19   #19
bob_builder
Inactive

Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybreath
no idea sorry... i don't know which harmony upgrade will implement this, but i will try to find out.
So the billing systems are not quite in harmony yet but will be sometime in the future - at least I have got something still to look forward to
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 18:34   #20
gooner4life
cf.geek

Services: SkyQ 2TB - Multiroom x3, VM 350Mb cable broadband.
gooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
That's all well & good Mark (& genuinely no offence meant here), but in true ntl style, you haven't actually answered my question!

What I want to know is how the customer I referred to earlier is better off under the great Harmony when he is still getting 2 x bills each month?
Harmony is for the benefit of NTL the only benefit to the customers will be as Mark stated no matter what area you call they will have access to your records.

NTL inherited a shedload of different Subscriber Management systems and had to 'harmonise' them into one, that is what harmony is.
gooner4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 20:13   #21
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age

Ok...i left ntl a while ago now but i was involved alot in the initail harmony rollout in south central. As things stand at the moment they are moving everyone onto this database, however for ppl that were recieving 2/3 bills this will continue for the forseeable future. This is due to it being bloody impossible to move ppl that pay 2/3 bills by DD from different accounts onto one bill for obvious reasons as which DD instruction do they keep!?!? anyway for all those ppl that only ever have had one bill thats what they will continue to recieve but with a new account number and new layout!

But for all new customers in regions where ppl get 2/3 bills they are able once that region has gone to harmony to get one bill for their services. This is the big benefit from ntls point of view as alot of calls that were generated in callc entres that dealt with ppl that get more than one bill were from ppl that had just been installed and didn't understand their bills.

Neil to answer your question. The only way the customer is better of is due to the fact that he will (by the end of the year) be ale to speak to any call centre abt there account, which will reduce call queues and hopefully give ppl a better experience.

Hope that answers most things - as for Debs - don't worry I promise that when its all done and dusted Harmony will make your job easier!!

Any more questions ask away...but i did leave ntl a few months ago so may not be able ot answer the questions!
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:07   #22
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo
Yup. All products are now supplied and billed through the Harmony system in the South Central and Cambridge franchises.
How long?

I'm still getting three seperate bills, TV/BB and phone.

I'm assuming Stafford comes under South Central?
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 14:41   #23
bob_builder
Inactive

bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolking
How long?

I'm still getting three seperate bills, TV/BB and phone.

I'm assuming Stafford comes under South Central?
Same here - we have had Harmony for nearly two months.

If you read the post above yours, you will notice that under Harmony, existing customers will continue to get separate bills, only new customers will get a single bill for all services.
Old 05-07-2004, 17:30   #24
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

An information system that's welcome by staff and actually appears to work? A consolidation project that actually results in improvements? Is the press aware? It's the next best thing to the second coming
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 00:55   #25
Jonathan David
cf.addict

Services: Broadband 100 Weekend Telephone
Jonathan David is on a distinguished roadJonathan David is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Jonathan David Send a message via Yahoo to Jonathan David

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder
Same here - we have had Harmony for nearly two months.

If you read the post above yours, you will notice that under Harmony, existing customers will continue to get separate bills, only new customers will get a single bill for all services.
So are you telling me, a system which could mean the end to me receiving three bills is not being put into full usage for present customers because NTL don't want to upset there customers?!?!

I want one bill, paid for on the day I request by direct debit. Can I as a customer of NTL for 4 years get this?
Old 06-07-2004, 09:32   #26
bob_builder
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan David
I want one bill, paid for on the day I request by direct debit. Can I as a customer of NTL for 4 years get this?
Probably not for a while... but if you left and then started as a new customer you could!
Old 15-07-2004, 11:48   #27
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
That's all well & good Mark (& genuinely no offence meant here), but in true ntl style, you haven't actually answered my question!

Neil I would like to think that this would be a latter phase of the Harmony project. Stage one which seems to be running to the end of the year is to get all billing on the same platform.

If I was looking at this project I would then be doing a first data cleanse for customers with multiple DDs set up to the same bank account. You could then write to them saying all these payments will be merged from date x. Most people don't have that many bank accounts so this would probably cleanse 90% of duplicate payment instructions and reduce NTLs costs by having less 20p DD processing charges applied by their bank.

Then you deal with the complex stuff, write a nice letter to the final 10% offering them a chance to combine their billing and have a single payment taken. Detail the current billing and tick options for the changes.

Will this happen? What will probably be the biggest roadblock in it happening is the NTL/TW merger in late 2005 which will result in all the TW accounts being migrated onto Harmony instead of dealing with the data problems above.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 12:22   #28
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

Sorry to go off topic slightly, merger in late 2005? Is this actually confirmed?
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 12:27   #29
bob_builder
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolking
Sorry to go off topic slightly, merger in late 2005? Is this actually confirmed?
Not officially, but I think most people would be suprised if it did not happen.
Old 12-08-2004, 17:07   #30
JohnM
Inactive

JohnM is an unknown quantity at this point

So does anyone have any new information regarding all of this?

Such as, when will we see changes in Glasgow, and will I suddenly have 3 bills?

Oh yes, and does e-billing work with harmony?
JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote