Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Harmony

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Charged Money We Don't Owe?

Old 15-02-2006, 12:11   #1
Leeds_Stu
Inactive

Leeds_Stu is an unknown quantity at this point
Charged Money We Don't Owe?

We are currently on 2mb broadband and have always paid the bill, there have been times when NTL have neglected to take money or tried to take money other than the agreed DD date, and in those cases we have always paid what we owe in full. We recieved a bill recently that included a £78.74 credit as payments recieved from the previous month... the amount due was then totalled as £103.73 ? Where has this figure come from? All we owe is the current month's money (£24.99 ) to be paid as usual next week.

My wife has contacted NTL regarding this as we feared disconnection and to question where the amount had come from. They said something about that we do owe it as it's charges for late payments? (their fault anyway) And that they won't disconnect us but we have to pay it off a bit at a time and until the debt is cleared they will 'restrict' our service, I assume this means dropping us down to a 1mb connection? (Though after doing speed tests, it still appears I am on 2mb - downstream 1863 Kbps.)

Very angry and confused... could someone please advise.

Thankyou.
Leeds_Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2006, 12:52   #2
quadplay
Inactive

Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
Re: Charged Money We Don't Owe?

Hi Stu, and to CF.

Are you sure the £78.74 was a credit, and not a debit from the account? 78.74 + 24.99 = 103.73... This may have been the direct debits that were not claimed, which have only recently been added back on to the account.
quadplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 13:03   #3
Leeds_Stu
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadplay
Hi Stu, and to CF.

Are you sure the £78.74 was a credit, and not a debit from the account? 78.74 + 24.99 = 103.73... This may have been the direct debits that were not claimed, which have only recently been added back on to the account.
Hi, and thanks for the welcome.

It was in the Payments Recieved column... and anyway as I said, we have always made sure if we owed any amount it was paid... before this happened we were up to date. We don't owe anything other than the present months charge.
Old 15-02-2006, 13:17   #4
quadplay
Inactive

quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array

It's possible that the direct debit payments were credited to the account even though they weren't actually claimed, but weren't debited back from the account until this month. Were the letters CR next to the amount? This would indicate a credit.

If you want me to have a look at the account to see if I can find out what's going on, PM me your account number, name and address. One of the CF team can confirm I'm an ntl associate, and I recommend you await their confirmation before sending your details to any forum member.
Old 15-02-2006, 13:21   #5
Leeds_Stu
Inactive

Quote:
It's possible that the direct debit payments were credited to the account even though they weren't actually claimed, but weren't debited back from the account until this month. Were the letters CR next to the amount? This would indicate a credit.

If you want me to have a look at the account to see if I can find out what's going on, PM me your account number, name and address. One of the CF team can confirm I'm an ntl associate, and I recommend you await their confirmation before sending your details to any forum member.
That is possible... but we still don't owe the money as we have paid up.
Old 15-02-2006, 13:38   #6
quadplay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeds_Stu
That is possible... but we still don't owe the money as we have paid up.
Agreed!
Old 15-02-2006, 13:52   #7
Leeds_Stu
Inactive

Quote:
Agreed!
I apologise if this seems chaotic but NTL have made things very complicated.

I have checked through the bills from September... we owed a backlog of £128 in September because of a Direct Debit screwup... this was cleared by the 10th of October (total bill then of £149.94 ) bringing us up to date.

November's bill arrived on the 10th (still not the right DD Date) and stated balance brought forward £0.00. Amount Due £24.99. Brilliant we thought the money's all sorted but they're still trying to take money at the wrong time of the month. (the date should be the 21st of every month, my partners pay day.)

December's bill arrives and states...

Previous Balance: £24.99 (because they'd got the DD date wrong again!)
Payments Received: £78.77 (a figure that makes no sense given other transactions?)
Balance Brought Forward: £103.76
Current Months Charges: £24.99
Amount Due: £128.75

Now due to numerous phone calls and not being able to get through, being put on hold, being cut off etc... we have only just managed to clear the months of November, December and January (£75.00 )... so we now have this months to pay for and this erroneous amount.

We really want this sorted as we have been loyal customers despite coming across some horrible customer service. The actual Broadband service is great and I have no complaints about it. All we want is the mystery money removed from our account given that we don't owe it, and for NTL to take the monthly bill from my partners account on the 21st of every month, thus ensuring any backlogs and confusions from building up again. We are wanting to step up to 10meg broadband as we use the internet A LOT, and now have two computers we wish to have as a home network. But we are unable to do this until this mess is cleared up.

If you can help, I will gladly divulge our details by PM.
Old 15-02-2006, 13:55   #8
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I can vouch for quadplay, your details will be safe with him

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote