Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Telewest Broadband to increase speeds

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] Telewest Broadband to increase speeds

Old 21-05-2004, 21:35   #106
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: [Merged] Telewest Broadband to increase speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...051958,00.html

Okay it may not be an official annoucement but the cards are on the table for a merger...
I realise I am being picky here, but that article just points out the way is clear. It does not say it will happen.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2004, 21:45   #107
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle
I realise I am being picky here, but that article just points out the way is clear. It does not say it will happen.
You are saying what I had already said in the post you quoted.

Anyway Read this thread if you have not already:-

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=12633

Particulary where it says:-

Previous attempts to close the deal have been blocked by bondholders led by American hedge fund manager Bill Huff, who stands to become the largest shareholder with 18.4% of the new company.

Other major holders will be Fidelity with 13.3%, Franklin (8.1%), Liberty Media (7.9%) and Angelo Gordon (7.2%).

Fidelity also holds 15% of NTL, Britain's largest cable company, while Huff has 12.9% and Franklin 8.3%.

The signs of a merger are there.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2004, 23:18   #108
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
You are saying what I had already said in the post you quoted.
Yeah, I know exactly what I said. That article was saying the way is clear for it to happen. It does not say it will happen.

Anyway, I found the following quote in the Evening Standard article
Quote:
That has revived talk of a merger between NTL and Telewest although even together they would still be considerably smaller than the competition, in the shape of BT Group and BSkyB.
So, it sounds like people are still talking about it. As far as I can see, that means it is a possibility it will happen, but does not mean it will.

I personally will be surprised if it doesn't happen..

EDIT: BTW, I never said the signs weren't there, just that we are speculating it will happen.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2004, 23:42   #109
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle
Yeah, I know exactly what I said. That article was saying the way is clear for it to happen. It does not say it will happen.
Yeah I know which is why I said it isn't an official annoucement and that the cards have been layed on the table....
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote