Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Telewest Broadband to increase speeds

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Telewest Broadband to increase speeds

Old 24-04-2004, 14:19   #46
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant
Re: Telewest Broadband to increase speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianathuth
Telewest 2 Mb has a 256 kbps upload.

http://www.telewest.co.uk/html/inter...eyonder2mb.htm
I know that I'm trying to point out that they dont seem to control it that well
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2004, 19:25   #47
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant
Well if it is there doing something different to NTL because my mate who's on there 2MB connection gets 1MB download
If I were paying for a 2MB connection and got an 1MB download, I would complain regardless of my upload speed.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2004, 19:59   #48
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnb14
My first post, so here it goes....

According to many sources and discussion on DS, Telewest will increase speed levels on 3 of their blueyonder broadband internet packages by 50%.

512K service will increase to 750K,
1MB service will increase to 1.5MB,
and 2 MB service will increase to 3MB at no extra cost (yet).

This will happen on Monday and will be confirmed by Telewest on Monday.
sounds very far fetched but then bizarre things can happen - who would have thought NTL would raise the 1mb price! and speaking of the 1mb price increase - if the telewest speeds are going up then perhaps the 1mb price increase is a premerger preparation?

I smell bullshoot though - I recon this is a hoax.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2004, 21:26   #49
icanadvise
Inactive

icanadvise is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
sounds very far fetched but then bizarre things can happen - who would have thought NTL would raise the 1mb price! and speaking of the 1mb price increase - if the telewest speeds are going up then perhaps the 1mb price increase is a premerger preparation?

I smell bullshoot though - I recon this is a hoax.
Read the original post on DS and then read my earlier post here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...8&postcount=35

I thought you had more idea of what was going on Etc!

This isn't about Telewest - its about NTL !
icanadvise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2004, 21:45   #50
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle
If I were paying for a 2MB connection and got an 1MB download, I would complain regardless of my upload speed.
Er no you dont get it do you. He got the FULL MAX 1MB download speed
Old 24-04-2004, 21:59   #51
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Er no you dont get it do you. He got the FULL MAX 1MB download speed
Yeah, but he's paying for a 2Mb connection. You said

Quote:
=Defiant]
Well if it is there doing something different to NTL because my mate who's on there 2MB connection gets 1MB download and 515 upload. Didn't believe him at first till I went around and seen it for myself
So, if I were paying for a 2Mb connection, I would expect (sites permitting) a full 2Mb download speed.
Old 24-04-2004, 22:03   #52
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but he's paying for a 2Mb connection. You said

So, if I were paying for a 2Mb connection, I would expect (sites permitting) a full 2Mb download speed.
Okay lets put it another way for you. If NTL had a 2MB line do you think you would be getting a FULL 1MB download speed ?
Old 24-04-2004, 22:15   #53
Stuart
-

Quote:
Okay lets put it another way for you. If NTL had a 2MB line do you think you would be getting a FULL 1MB download speed ?
First, do you mean 1 Megabit or 1 Megabyte? If he were getting 1 Megabyte, I would be impressed as 1 Megabyte = 8 Megabits.

Second, if you mean 1 Megabit, I already get that from my 1 Megabit NTL connection. I would expect 2 Megabits from a 2 Megabit connection.
Old 24-04-2004, 22:27   #54
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
First, do you mean 1 Megabit or 1 Megabyte? If he were getting 1 Megabyte, I would be impressed as 1 Megabyte = 8 Megabits.

Second, if you mean 1 Megabit, I already get that from my 1 Megabit NTL connection. I would expect 2 Megabits from a 2 Megabit connection.
I have been told they often download quicker than they should....
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2004, 22:44   #55
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Quote:

Okay I'll make it easier again for you. He was getting over 500kb/sec when I went around
Old 24-04-2004, 23:00   #56
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Okay I'll make it easier again for you. He was getting over 500kb/sec when I went around
That would be a 4Mbit connection. Somehow I have my doubts about that.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2004, 23:15   #57
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I can confirm that Telewest customers do get more than they pay for I konw of one who has 1mb and often downloads at 2mb..
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2004, 23:51   #58
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem
That would be a 4Mbit connection. Somehow I have my doubts about that.
caugh caugh,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits
I can confirm that Telewest customers do get more than they pay for I konw of one who has 1mb and often downloads at 2mb..
Thank you Kits
Old 25-04-2004, 01:01   #59
Stuart
-

Quote:
I'd be surprised if he was.
Old 25-04-2004, 01:06   #60
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I'd be surprised if he was.

Okay I give up I made the whole thing up for the sake of it

Believe what you want I'm moving on