Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

Old 30-07-2004, 22:04   #31
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age
Re: 2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
thanks for the list but this only goes up to December.. anyone know the fixtures for 05 ?
As mentioned above sky haven't decided which ones to show. Part of the contract for PPV footy means that each team has to feature twice in a season, so they have an even mix at the start of the season so they can then pick more attractive games towards the end as all contract obligations have been forfilled
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2004, 10:01   #32
The Butler
Inactive

The Butler is an unknown quantity at this point

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...?article=85197Might be of use to someone. I printed it out and blue-tac it to my wall

Why are all the matches on a saturday now? will this be the same for 05?

Debating whether to get it coz I work till half 5 on saturday and will only be home for the second half. Do matches get replayed in full when there are no live games being played? (i.e. do they show replays of previous games the other 6 days when nothings scheduled for the channel?)
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:50   #33
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

as far as i know once the game and all the analysis has finished the channel stops.. The sat games have to start at 5:15 as there is a agreement with the football leage that no prem games will be shown live on tv between 2:30 and 5:15.. the div one clubs etc fear they will loose attendance if top flight clubs are on tv during matches on a sat
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 19:42   #34
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

Alot of the games seem to kick off at 1pm aswell so if you work saturdays its probably a waste of money for the few games that you'll see the second half of.

I was abit dissapointed when I saw the price had risen from £10 to £50 but lets face it, for the last 2 years we've been very lucky to get it that cheap. Probably the only bonus of having NTL

I reckon I'll be signing up though, quite like the fact that its £5 a month rather than the £50 up front aswell.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 22:56   #35
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ted
I phoned today and asked to sign up for PremPlus for next season ( I Have had it previously)
I was told "It isn't called PremPlus its Premiership Plus. OK that's done".

I wasn't told its now £5 per month, nor was I told that you have to pay for the whole season. Someone isn't reading their instructions!!
WE HAVE JUST HEARD THAT THEY HAVE CHANGED THE RULES

As and when we have a confirmed information, we will post it .... but by the sounds of it, the option to pay per month has been scrapped .... pay it all up front.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 23:25   #36
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

Ah hells bells, that sucks.

I appreciate it doesn't make much of a difference, bit this month I'm really really skint and can't afford an extra £50.
Old 04-08-2004, 15:58   #37
XFS03

Services: XL broadband ntl250 modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
WE HAVE JUST HEARD THAT THEY HAVE CHANGED THE RULES

As and when we have a confirmed information, we will post it .... but by the sounds of it, the option to pay per month has been scrapped .... pay it all up front.
Have a look at the small print at the bottom of this page!

http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/e...miership_plus/

One minute they say they are not geared up for a one off payment, & the next, it is a one off payment or nothing.
Old 04-08-2004, 17:08   #38
Nor
Inactive

Yeah I called there and its not possible apparantly to pay per month. Kinda crap really, especially considering those people who signed up before a couple of days ago would probably be paying it monthly. Unless they're all gonna get a fright when £50 goes on their bill.
Old 04-08-2004, 17:58   #39
Hell's Child
Inactive

Hell's Child has a spectacular aura about themHell's Child has a spectacular aura about themHell's Child has a spectacular aura about themHell's Child has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor
Yeah I called there and its not possible apparantly to pay per month. Kinda crap really, especially considering those people who signed up before a couple of days ago would probably be paying it monthly. Unless they're all gonna get a fright when £50 goes on their bill.
To Clarify.

There was a printing error in the literature sent to customers with regards PPV charges and how this could be paid.

Bottom line is there is a one off payment of £50. The reason for this is that up untill the end of last season ntl held joint rights with sky for PPV football and was able to give a great offer. However this year (as with most of the football rights) sky gobbled them all up and so now effectivley set our prices through the amount they charge us for each subscriber. They requested the money be paid upfront, and for anyone wishing to take PPV subscription after season start, they will still have the £50 one off payment.

Marketing did send a mail out to sales this morning asking us to apologise to any people who have received the incorrect literature. I personally cannot justfy the £50, given the amount of games I watch on it and as such have decided not to renew this season.

Don't worry if you have not called to canx your subscription from last year as a new code has been put on with the new charges so you should not be charged unless you request the £50 season ticket.
Hell's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 23:46   #40
loftus
Inactive

loftus is an unknown quantity at this point

So what about the people who have signed up on the understanding it was £5 a month. Can we cancel? It's going to be a tight month - not sure I can stretch to £50 in one go.
loftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 00:27   #41
Nor
Inactive

I don't understand the 'printing error' stuff. How can a fundamental change to the method in which PremPlus is billed be a printing error ? More likely there was a change of mind when NTL thought, hang on a minute, why are we letting our billing system get in the way of a chance to get £50 up front instead of over the next 10 months.
Old 05-08-2004, 14:09   #42
jetstream
Inactive

jetstream is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it still possible to pay for single games, or do I have to pay the £50
jetstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 16:05   #43
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream
Is it still possible to pay for single games, or do I have to pay the £50
Yes you can pay for individual games!
Old 05-08-2004, 19:14   #44
clayts
Inactive

Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
clayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about them

Basically, NTL have lost the chance of getting £50 of my money - I simply cannot afford it this month.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Sky putting the squeeze on NTL, following Sky's disastrous business results yesterday ?

clayts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 10:01   #45
stephen5131
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Pack
stephen5131 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if ntl will be providing the Football First programme? Will we get the delayed coverage and a choice of which game to watch on the highlights package?
stephen5131 is offline   Reply With Quote