Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus

Old 15-12-2021, 18:04   #676
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Could someone bring back commercial union ? Think it’s needed with some recent posts
Explain?
Old 15-12-2021, 18:07   #677
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Explain?

Must admit that one whistled by here as well
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 18:09   #678
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Their catchphrase

Watching Dr. David Nabarro on sky news, he’s almost in a rage
Old 15-12-2021, 18:17   #679
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Thought he was going to cry at one stage
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 18:59   #680
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
How could they have increased the capacity in two years - it takes 3 to 4 years to train a nurse, and 8-10 to train a doctor, and no one has found a way to automate diagnosis and treatment?

Not being argumentative, just wondering what they could have done in the last two years to increase capacity - it's no good having more beds if we don't have the staff to treat the patients in them.
I'm sure there are initiatives that could have been undertaken.

Not my area of expertise, but if I was the health secretary or NHS boss, when it is known that we need to increase capacity quickly in the short term then I would have looked at all and any initiatives.

Like I say not my area of expertise but one I can think of, off the bat is How many ex-nurses are there? offer golden hellos to nurses that return.

If there is a real will to do something, something can be done.
Old 15-12-2021, 19:09   #681
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Just had a phone call from my doctor. The situation is now so serious that she is to send out a nurse tomorrow as a matter of urgency to give myself (and other vulnerable people in the area) the booster and flu jab together.
If you're that "vulnerable" then why have you left it until now - to be contacted by a nurse.

You should have sorted both the booster and flu jabs out many many weeks ago, I even had mine in November.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I see double jabbed, even triple jabbed people, catch Covid with my own set of eyes.
I dont think anyone is disputing this ? They are clearly wrong if they are.
I know of several people who have caught it after being either double or triple jabbed.

As pointed out many times, the vaccinations do not stop you catching covid.
They prepare your body to fight it off, some people will do so with no obvious signs, some will still be ill.

The vast majority will not be seriously ill, which is the main point of it all.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 20:14   #682
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
If you're that "vulnerable" then why have you left it until now - to be contacted by a nurse.

You should have sorted both the booster and flu jabs out many many weeks ago, I even had mine in November.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

I dont think anyone is disputing this ? They are clearly wrong if they are.
I know of several people who have caught it after being either double or triple jabbed.

As pointed out many times, the vaccinations do not stop you catching covid.
They prepare your body to fight it off, some people will do so with no obvious signs, some will still be ill.

The vast majority will not be seriously ill, which is the main point of it all.
Because I am now housebound and so could not attend the surgery or outreach centre. The way that it's rapidly spreading has obviously made the situation much more urgent from the way my doctor was talking.

When I enquired about the flu/booster jabs some weeks ago, it was explained to me that the third dose had to be kept at a cold temperature right up until it's administered. Presumably they now have some way of keeping it cold in the car?? Maybe they are able to do it by coming straight to my home from the surgery?? I'm not sure, I guess I will find out in the morning.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 15-12-2021 at 20:18. Reason: Grammar/spelling.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 20:43   #683
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post

I will go with the deep technical review of ~250,000 PCR tests over anecdotal experience but each to their own
Good for you, but relevancy to this discussion?

A PCR test doesn’t tell you the vaccinated from the unvaccinated.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 20:47   #684
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Good for you, but relevancy to this discussion?

A PCR test doesn’t tell you the vaccinated from the unvaccinated.
Seems they used NHS track and trace data so they'll know whose vaccinated, who isn't and the PCR results of in contact with them.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 20:54   #685
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

At our booster appointment this evening there was a group of nurses at reception reading over the latest instructions from Sturgeon on who is and is not allowed to have a vaccination over the next 4-5 weeks. Basically in Scotland no 12-15s are now allowed. They have been eligible for a 1st jab for some time but anyone who hasn’t had it already is to be turned away until the booster program is complete.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 21:16   #686
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
At our booster appointment this evening there was a group of nurses at reception reading over the latest instructions from Sturgeon on who is and is not allowed to have a vaccination over the next 4-5 weeks. Basically in Scotland no 12-15s are now allowed. They have been eligible for a 1st jab for some time but anyone who hasn’t had it already is to be turned away until the booster program is complete.
They're going to need 3 doses to be protected anyway surely.

They need to be prioritising boosters considering that those who are eligible for 1st doses have been so since August and haven't come forward - are they going to?

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 21:19   #687
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
They're going to need 3 doses to be protected anyway surely.

They need to be prioritising boosters considering that those who are eligible for 1st doses have been so since August and haven't come forward - are they going to?
As it happens, there was an entire family being turned away as we arrived (which I guess is the reason why the nurses were getting the pep-talk at that point). Three kids, all apparently in that age range, brought by their parents who presumably hadn’t thought it important enough until then.
Old 15-12-2021, 21:24   #688
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Were they at a designated drop in site or did they just rock up to chance their arm?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 21:28   #689
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Were they at a designated drop in site or did they just rock up to chance their arm?
Oho! See what you did there …

If I understood the chat properly, it’s a site that was a drop-in and is now appointment only. That said, missus and I were an hour early because we were expecting to queue, but they waved us straight in because it was quite quiet.
Old 15-12-2021, 21:29   #690
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Completely unintentional, honest.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote