Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What have you just bought?

Old 21-11-2022, 10:41   #5941
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: What have you just bought?

A rice cooker with £30 off for black Friday. Been watching this for a while then the price went up. It is induction so have to take care with my pacemaker but texts I've read say risk with a bipolar unit like mine is minimal.
Rice is my favourite carb and this one will cook lots of different styles and types.
Old 22-11-2022, 19:13   #5942
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Firestick Max, not sure if it improves much over my older 4K sticks but you can watch UHD content on BBC iPlayer with it now.
Old 22-11-2022, 19:22   #5943
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

A whole house ventilation system with hall control, being installed next week. the dehumidifier we recently bought proved just how damp our house is. Keeping the new dehumidifier in the conservatory for when I need to dry clothes in doors.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2022, 21:10   #5944
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

The services of a solicitor for my last will and testament. Overdue, but it had to be done. Another thing ticked off the list....
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2022, 22:33   #5945
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Finally bit the bullet yesterday on a Mac Studio. Arrived this morning. Goodbye Windows....
Old 24-11-2022, 08:03   #5946
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

gourmia 6.7l digital air fryer from Costco. Daughters partner works there and let me set up an account with his details and address so I can use. £54.99 for a fairly large Air Fryer can't be bad. Reviews well. I have the 8L Salter XXL so this Costco one will be a second so I do not have to serial cook.

The way I look at it a lot of people like the 2 drawer models but these have smaller baskets and still have 2 1700watt elements ( some have 1500) so running 2 larger fryers will nto cost any more than running 2 drawer models
Old 24-11-2022, 11:09   #5947
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Well I got my rice cooker. Very nice but on cooking a preuse batch of rice I spotted some damage to the inside surface of the cooking bowl and Amazon don't do replacement for this item. So I'd need to return and re-purchase.

Looking at the item on Amazon the vendor was the same as the manufacturer so I contacted them and they are sending out a new bowl plus said it was safe to use the current one. Brilliant service from Yum Asia.
Old 25-11-2022, 09:23   #5948
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

2.5 KG of Chicken Breast Fillets
20x200g Uruguayan Sirloin Steaks
£35 delivered from Muscle Foods. Think it is a fair price. To buy the equivalent weight from Tesco would cost £55

A quick google puts Uruguayan beef quite high in the quality steaks (see what I did there) so hopefully it will be
Old 27-11-2022, 17:50   #5949
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

A Blink doorbell with sync module, so when I pop out my dad can answer the door using the Echo Show 5 I bought for his birthday.

I just need to work out the trigger points so I dont get false positives on movement.
Old 27-11-2022, 18:12   #5950
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
A Blink doorbell with sync module, so when I pop out my dad can answer the door using the Echo Show 5 I bought for his birthday.

I just need to work out the trigger points so I dont get false positives on movement.
I hope you find a point that suits. I got a blink outdoor camera and floodlight a while ago. Set sensitivity to 6 and you’ll just get to see whatever went past as it walks out of the frame. Set to 7 and so much as the sun having a cloud go past which makes it a smidge dimmer sets it off, leaving you with several recordings of absolutely nothing. It’s was awful. I’m replacing all cameras with UniFi Protect now, which soooooo much better. Better quality, better image, better settings and better ecosystem in the UniFi family
Old 27-11-2022, 20:24   #5951
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
I hope you find a point that suits. I got a blink outdoor camera and floodlight a while ago. Set sensitivity to 6 and you’ll just get to see whatever went past as it walks out of the frame. Set to 7 and so much as the sun having a cloud go past which makes it a smidge dimmer sets it off, leaving you with several recordings of absolutely nothing. It’s was awful. I’m replacing all cameras with UniFi Protect now, which soooooo much better. Better quality, better image, better settings and better ecosystem in the UniFi family
We've got Ring doorbell and alarm and cameras that all work very well together. Cloud storage is £80 per year but you can store all recordings for 180 days so not too much of an issue with recording birds landing in the garden. We've also got Ring cameras in the house but they are linked to the alarm so only activate when the alarm is set.

We did turn off the motion alerts as they are a bit of a pain. A nice feature is the echo dots round the house bleep when a window is opened or closed and announces when a door is opened or closed.

We also have a 4K Swann CCTV 4 camera system and a POE camara at the back of the garage that is a test of sending video via power line adapters (which works very well).
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2022, 21:31   #5952
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

Since we are giving up the house to rent out for some extra income we are moving to dads 2 bedroom flat and have bought things like new Kitchen utensils etc.
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2022, 15:53   #5953
Cheile48
cf.member

Services: Mega Volt bundle, 2 V6s, and Freeview HD, Amazon Prime, Google Chromecast/Google TV, Netflix.
Cheile48 is on a distinguished roadCheile48 is on a distinguished road

Bought an Amazon Fire HD 10 during Black Friday week. Loaded Google Play etc and followed some advice on Youtube about speeding the tablet up, and as a result, it runs smoothly and quickly. Not as fluid as my Ipad Air but perfect for day-to-day stuff. Bargain.
Cheile48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2022, 22:00   #5954
bigsinky
cf.addict

Services: Broadband Gig1
bigsinky is on a distinguished roadbigsinky is on a distinguished road

i was bad today. very bad
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak9CQYfL943bgepXaIPaP4084wAduA
bigsinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2022, 08:20   #5955
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/49707402031

Added Mastercard using above offer for £10 off £20 spend to order a Worx Powershare Battery to USB Charger normally £25 for £15. I have a number of these batteries meaning if/when we have a power cut I have power for a light and my phone so I can keep myself entertained. Bonus