Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 11:47   #541
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Why all this off-topic talk about RT? It was never available on VM anyway, so why discuss in Changes to Virgin TV?
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2022, 16:35   #542
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Arqiva did pull the plug yesterday, mainly because RT ceased paying the bills for the studio output, if indeed they are paying anyone for anything now.
Interesting. Do you have an official source for that? it could be quite useful.
Old 03-03-2022, 19:08   #543
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Interesting. Do you have an official source for that? it could be quite useful.
I have an insider at Arqiva. However anything I push out is officially unofficial, if you get what I mean.
Old 03-03-2022, 20:28   #544
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I have an insider at Arqiva. However anything I push out is officially unofficial, if you get what I mean.
That's fine, I'm not doubting you. I just wanted to use the information elsewhere but without an official source it would be pointless.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:57   #545
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I've heard the plug was pulled from the London UK studios - but this was not related the RT being removed.
RT source was Moscow and the feeds to UK were cut by EU.
So RT would still be off-air if no action was taken in UK.
They are still on air but now seem to be repeating the same 30 minute anti-Ukraine programme nearly every hour.
I've got my suspicions that even some of the hourly news slots are repeats.

Last edited by ozsat; 04-03-2022 at 06:15.
Old 04-03-2022, 08:30   #546
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I've heard the plug was pulled from the London UK studios - but this was not related the RT being removed.
They are still on air but now seem to be repeating the same 30 minute anti-Ukraine programme nearly every hour.
The EU certainly pulled the plug on Hotbird 13, which I’ve been told was the incoming London feed. RT were capable of using a private downlink, which would have come with considerable cost & also London is just in the footprint of ABS2 whose operators are Hong Kong based.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:32   #547
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The EU certainly pulled the plug on Hotbird 13, which I’ve been told was the incoming London feed. RT were capable of using a private downlink, which would have come with considerable cost & also London is just in the footprint of ABS2 whose operators are Hong Kong based.
Do you know if Freeview are set to launch new channels in the coming months?

Any info on month and Channel name?

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Why all this off-topic talk about RT? It was never available on VM anyway, so why discuss in Changes to Virgin TV?
I have not seen any new news about Virgin Media in a past 10 days.

Some Virgin Media Viewers (Count me as one) who can watch or pick up Freeview using their TV Set that why I want "off topic" on Monday when news was breaking about the EU Banning RT from broadcasting.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 04-03-2022, 13:09   #548
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
The biggest threat to the existence of the world and it's inhabitants in our lifetimes results in the removal of the main Putin propaganda machine to the UK, and your concerned about a thread going off topic. Really?

Besides, RT was previously available on Virgin to their Irish customers.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Quote:
Where are they on air (or do you mean online)? RT America has now been taken off air.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/03/media...fs/index.html9

Staff were 'shocked' really?? Staff were 'in tears' and only wanted to work to provide for their families.

Tough.

Up until just over a week ago ordinary people in the Ukraine were doing the same and many have lost more than their jobs (and didn't get two months pay) and will have shed many more tears. In the meantime, all these selfish *******s did was carry on doing Putins dirty work of propaganda.
Old 04-03-2022, 14:40   #549
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

RT UK and RT America streams are still active on RTs main website.
Old 04-03-2022, 16:13   #550
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Reports are coming in at MTV Base and MTV Classic will close at the end of this month.
Old 04-03-2022, 16:53   #551
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
RT UK and RT America streams are still active on RTs main website.
Interesting. Perhaps we should prevent access from the UK following today's news that Russia has restricted access to the BBC news website.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 04-03-2022 at 16:56.
Old 04-03-2022, 17:42   #552
ozsat
cf.mega poster

That is not possible as long as they are active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Interesting. Perhaps we should prevent access from the UK following today's news that Russia has restricted access to the BBC news website.
Old 04-03-2022, 18:08   #553
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Reports are coming in at MTV Base and MTV Classic will close at the end of this month.
Reports are now coming in saying that MTV Base and MTV Classic are just being rebrand as MTV 80s and MTV 90s from April 1st.
Old 04-03-2022, 18:36   #554
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Do you know if Freeview are set to launch new channels in the coming months?

Any info on month and Channel name?
That I can't help with. The info I get is mostly tech related & not on the sales side of the business. So if a new channel was requiring a feed to Sky's uplink at Chilworth or the Virgin MHE I might find out about it. However, even then it's an open market & channels have a lot of alternatives to get their feeds out to the TV platforms.
Old 05-03-2022, 22:32   #555
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Bar the following names I think all other channels will stay the same as now:

-Really will become Quest Sports (something like Freesport) - it won't as it's quite a popular channel.
-Things like Deadwood will move to Quest (No sports) - they won't
-Really shows will move to Quest, Quest Red, DMAX and HGTV - maybe yes
-Discovery History and Discovery Science may merge into one channel. - they won't

Those are my views based on the BT/Discovery situation.
Discovery Science Italia has close on Sky Italy and Italy base Cable Networks as of March 1st 2022.

Will the UK Channel be next?
Closed Thread