Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ATMT HD363N Help?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ATMT HD363N Help?

Old 19-08-2007, 18:36   #1
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future
Unhappy ATMT HD363N Help?

Errrrrr... hello
I was wondering if anyone could help me with my HD363N Network Drive By ATMT. The drive is connected to my D-Link DSL-G624T Wireless ADSL router via Ehternet. Ive had it a mont or two now and it has been working perfectly, but... now it isnt. Seems it is a network drive, you have to map it into my computer. Ive done that and to configure the drive you need to go to its IP adress in your web browser (I fixed the IP adress). IT WONT WORK, also i cannot get into the drive via my computer. I have even tried goin to http://storage/ ... that dosnt work. What shall i do?
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-08-2007, 18:39   #2
JohnHorb

Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone
Re: ATMT HD363N Help?

Is the IP address of the drive in the same subnet as that of your computer?
Old 19-08-2007, 18:45   #3
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

how do i find out?
Old 19-08-2007, 18:51   #4
JohnHorb

You say you have 'fixed' the IP address of the drive. What have you set it to, and have you also given your PC a fixed IP address? If not, your PC will be getting an IP address (such as 192.168.x.x) from the router. If the IP address of the drive is not in the same 192.168.x.x range (e.g. PC - 192.168.2.2, drive 192.168.2.3), the two will not be able to communicate.
Old 19-08-2007, 18:55   #5
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

ok, i think my PC is 1.3, and the drive is 1.2. Does it need to obtain it itself. if so how can i change it, because i cannot acess the configureation page. If i need to get to that page, will i need to change my PC's IP adress to the same as the drives IP
Old 19-08-2007, 19:00   #6
JohnHorb

Well if your PC is 192.168.1.3 and the drive is 192.168.1.2, you should be able to get to the config page. However, if your PC were (say) 192.168.1.3, and you'd set the drive to (say) 10.0.0.1, you'd have to change your PC's IP to something like 10.0.0.2 to access the drive's config page. You could then set the drive back to DHCP ('Obtain address automatically'), the change your PC back. Both the drive and PC would then obtain an address from the router.
Old 19-08-2007, 19:02   #7
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

yes but the PC is 192.168.1.2 and so is the HDD, omg!
Old 19-08-2007, 19:04   #8
JohnHorb

In that case, change your PC's IP address to 192.168.1.3, go the the drive's config page and change back to DHCP ('obtain address automatically'), then change the PC back to DHCP.
Old 19-08-2007, 19:08   #9
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

how do i change it?
Old 19-08-2007, 19:13   #10
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumpy View Post
yes but the PC is 192.168.1.2 and so is the HDD, omg!
Surely that won't work - one device will pop up saying another already has the IP.

Why not just use DHCP?

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 19:15   #11
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

what? please tell me how do do it?
Old 19-08-2007, 19:15   #12
JohnHorb

What Operating System? If it is XP, go the Control Panel, Network Connections. Righ-click on the 'Local Area Connection' and select 'Properties'. In the 'This connection uses the following items' list, select 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' and click 'Properties'. You'll probably find that 'Obtain an IP address automatically' is selected. Select 'Use the following IP address' instead, and enter the address as 192.168.1.3 Enter the subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 You should then be able to get the the drive config page. Set the drive back to 'obtain address automatically', then change the PC setting back.
Old 19-08-2007, 19:20   #13
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Still dosnt work!!!! ive got a bad headache, its driving me insane
Old 19-08-2007, 20:42   #14
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Full list of the devices on the network and their IPs please.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 21:00   #15
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Desktop PC: 192.168.1.2, sometimes: 192.168.1.3
Laptop PC: 192.168.1.4, sometimes: 192.168.1.3 them two are always different

D-Link Wireless Router: 192.168.1.1 (never changes)
Network Drive: (THE THING THAT DOSNT WORK) 192.168.1.2 (i fixed the IP)