Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus

Old 14-12-2021, 20:00   #601
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

The vaccine passports makes no sense imho

Those who are unvaccinated and present an LFT are in fact giving better ‘live’ data than those Presenting their app or nhs letter

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Not sure we’re not disagreeing with each other here?
Perhaps I misread, if so apologies. I thought you were implying that they are a 100% effective at preventing severe disease
Old 14-12-2021, 20:06   #602
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: MPs back vaccine passports by 369 to 126 - big Tory rebellion
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2021, 20:08   #603
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
How many times do I have to repeat the line?

Vaccination does not stop transmission?

I’m not interested in, likely, could be, maybe…. Vaccinations only stop serious illness. Nothing more. Vaccinated are still carriers and can still pass on Covid. “Less likely”, is rubbish mantra.
No one said "Vaccination does not stop transmission" so I am not sure what you are on your high horse about.

Vaccines reduce the chances of a collection of people, in a closed environment, transmitting the virus. That is a fact, no ifs or buts. The idea of the passports is, I suspect, to apply this logic to indoor spaces and so reduce the onward transmission and so, in turn, reduce the load on the health service resources.
Old 14-12-2021, 20:19   #604
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
The vaccine passports makes no sense imho

Those who are unvaccinated and present an LFT are in fact giving better ‘live’ data than those Presenting their app or nhs letter
That counts to the passport doesn't it?

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Quote:
BREAKING: MPs back vaccine passports by 369 to 126 - big Tory rebellion
That's bigger than the worst-case projections made last night, all the more worrying for Johnson that the perception was the rebellion would be smaller than that tonight after his speech to the 1922 committee.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2021, 20:22   #605
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
How many times do I have to repeat the line?

Vaccination does not stop transmission?

I’m not interested in, likely, could be, maybe…. Vaccinations only stop serious illness. Nothing more. Vaccinated are still carriers and can still pass on Covid. “Less likely”, is rubbish mantra.
Sorry Mick but you’re absolutely wrong. The nuances, the percentages, are critical to how we plan our way through this. Blunt statements like “vaccinated are still carriers” are unhelpful as well as factually inaccurate. The best data available says that most double-jabbed individuals *are not* carriers of the delta variant. The best data so far suggests that most triple-jabbed individuals *are not* carriers of omicron. By demanding that people don’t offer the statistics in their posts you’re simply demanding that people don’t provide the evidence that shows you’re wrong. That’s hardly a reasonable way of carrying on a discussion.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2021, 20:22   #606
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
That counts to the passport doesn't it?

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

That's bigger than the worst-case projections made last night, all the more worrying for Johnson that the perception was the rebellion would be smaller than that tonight after his speech to the 1922 committee.

Does it ? An LFT shows you either actively do or do not have the virus at the time you took the test. The app just shows you have had 1,2 or 3 doses of a vaccine. It doesn’t show if you’re currently infected.
Old 14-12-2021, 20:35   #607
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

98 Tory rebels tonight.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2021, 20:43   #608
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Does it ? An LFT shows you either actively do or do not have the virus at the time you took the test. The app just shows you have had 1,2 or 3 doses of a vaccine. It doesn’t show if you’re currently infected.
Exactly. This makes no sense. The evidence they’re useful is just not there.

LATEST: Senior Tory MP back bencher from 1922 Committee says a leadership contest is on the cards in 2022.
Old 14-12-2021, 20:43   #609
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
COVID passport also has a negative LFT test in the last 48 hours as a valid pass.
Old 14-12-2021, 20:51   #610
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
COVID passport also has a negative LFT test in the last 48 hours as a valid pass.

Regardless of where things are stored an LFT give a better live data set as to if someone is infected or not.

The LFT result in the app was says as of this date I either have or havent tested positive for covid

The vaccine component says I’ve received x doses of vaccines or here’s my QR etc. it gives no information as to whether the person is currently infected or not.

I vehemently disagree with mick and I believe the vaccine significantly reduces the chances of infection. Therefore, make everyone take a lateral flow test. They can all be stored in the app. Simple’s
Old 14-12-2021, 20:53   #611
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Sorry Mick but you’re absolutely wrong. The nuances, the percentages, are critical to how we plan our way through this. Blunt statements like “vaccinated are still carriers” are unhelpful as well as factually inaccurate. The best data available says that most double-jabbed individuals *are not* carriers of the delta variant. The best data so far suggests that most triple-jabbed individuals *are not* carriers of omicron. By demanding that people don’t offer the statistics in their posts you’re simply demanding that people don’t provide the evidence that shows you’re wrong. That’s hardly a reasonable way of carrying on a discussion.
Vaccinated are still carriers it is not a wrong statement to say, saying it should be helpful because you can be blindsided in to believing that you cannot pass on covid, as a vaccinated person, when you most certainly can.

No evidence has been shown that I am wrong because I am absolutely not wrong, given the experiences I live with day to day in a healthcare setting and quite frankly, you ought to know me by now that I stand by what I post on here and the fact remains, vaccination does not stop transmissions regardless of what some dodgy statistics says from hardly a reputable source.
Old 14-12-2021, 20:56   #612
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Vaccinated are still carriers it is not a wrong statement to say, saying it should be helpful because you can be blindsided in to believing that you cannot pass on covid, as a vaccinated person, when you most certainly can.

No evidence has been shown that I am wrong because I am absolutely not wrong and quite frankly, you ought to know me by now that I stand by what I post on here and the fact remains, vaccination does not stop transmissions regardless of what some dodgy statistics says from hardly a reputable source.
Nobody is saying they stop transmission.

They're saying it reduces transmission by making it less likely you'll catch it and reducing the period in which you're infected if you do get it (i.e you recover faster).

If it didn't do this. The vaccine wouldn't work. The numbers would be higher.
Old 14-12-2021, 20:59   #613
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

When brakes are applied just before a car crash, they often lessen the impact, but don’t stop it - still worth applying the brakes, though…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2021, 21:00   #614
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Regardless of where things are stored an LFT give a better live data set as to if someone is infected or not.

The LFT result in the app was says as of this date I either have or havent tested positive for covid

The vaccine component says I’ve received x doses of vaccines or here’s my QR etc. it gives no information as to whether the person is currently infected or not.

I vehemently disagree with mick and I believe the vaccine significantly reduces the chances of infection. Therefore, make everyone take a lateral flow test. They can all be stored in the app. Simple’s
Sure the LFT is safer (although people can lie on it).

But I don't think they want to go that far yet. They're just playing the numbers game by accepting some proportion of the vaccinated will still be carriers but it's small enough that's it not worth disrupting events/hospitality to account for it.
Old 14-12-2021, 21:04   #615
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Nobody is saying they stop transmission.

They're saying it reduces transmission by making it less likely you'll catch it and reducing the period in which you're infected if you do get it (i.e you recover faster).

If it didn't do this. The vaccine wouldn't work. The numbers would be higher.
No but you and others keep saying it reduces it, no it does not, not in any significant way and I say this working on the front line and seeing this rubbish be totally untrue FFS.