Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 20-07-2018, 14:27   #1441
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
Premier Sports free "initially" for two months, maybe more then?

Where did you see this, Mark?
Advertisement
Old 20-07-2018, 14:30   #1442
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
It's on Virgin's update, Max

"We will also be making the Premier Sports HD channel available to all TV customers initially for two months with no additional subscription required. This will mean our customers can enjoy all of the football matches from the International Champions Cup, which features the best six teams in the English Premier League and many of the top European teams. This weekend both Manchester City and Liverpool will face Dortmund and Bayern Munich will take on Paris Saint-Germain. Alongside the football many other gripping sporting events are available on Premier Sports – from every Pro 14 Rugby game to NHL ice hockey matches."

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/tvupdate.html
Old 20-07-2018, 14:41   #1443
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Dave42 posted the link: http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/tvupdate.html
Old 20-07-2018, 14:56   #1444
Simon198801
Inactive

Simon198801 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. What if you subscribe to premier sports. Will virgin still charge?
Old 20-07-2018, 14:58   #1445
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Thx for the replies guys, just saw it online...….
Old 20-07-2018, 15:23   #1446
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon198801 View Post
you'd hope not! give them a call
Old 20-07-2018, 15:38   #1447
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon198801 View Post
I'd like to think they would automatically credit your bill for the subscription cost.
Old 20-07-2018, 16:25   #1448
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

I’m not sure I get the logic. Those currently paying for it are getting what they chose to pay for.
Those getting it free for short time are getting it as a tester in the hope they pay up later.
This commonly happens with other channels. I never saw anyone on Full House expecting some money back when those on lower bundles got a few channels not in their package as a tester.
Old 20-07-2018, 16:51   #1449
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Let's not be fooled this is about money , Virgin are offering less and UKTV want more.

To all those throwing the toys out the pram , I suspect you'd also be on here moaning if Virgin increase your costs in part to paying UKTV more.
I well and truly threw the toys out the pram this morning and hit the VM retentions team with as many teddy bears as I could muster. I have been suitably compensated.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And that lasted 18 months if my memory serves me well.
Yep, what a mess that was. And what did we get as compensation: Virgin One...

VM were telling me this morning that one of the arguments that they were using against UKTV to get them to reduce their fees, was the lower viewership of the UKTV channels. Which I can believe in this streaming age. It's just us that suffers again.
Old 20-07-2018, 16:54   #1450
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Its seem at the heart of the breakdown in talks is the BBC
The programmes that UKTV broadcast have already been paid for by our TV Licence. Then, even though we pay to watch them again, we are being denied the opportunity. This is at the same time as some channels and much programming are made available to Freeview & Freesat viewers.

Whilst the channels are missing i'm considering cancelling my TVL and will be getting a reduction from VM, either by a better deal to reflect the missing channels or downgrading. I shall then cancel when my contract ends.

The BBC want to have their cake and eat it by selling linear content to us (again) and then the VOD rights to the likes of Netflix.

VM are as much to blame for trying to cut carriage fees. Whilst they do have legitimate arguments, if they win this will simply boost their profits and won't be passed on to us.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 20-07-2018 at 17:17.
Old 20-07-2018, 17:12   #1451
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I’m not sure I get the logic. Those currently paying for it are getting what they chose to pay for.
Those getting it free for short time are getting it as a tester in the hope they pay up later.
This commonly happens with other channels. I never saw anyone on Full House expecting some money back when those on lower bundles got a few channels not in their package as a tester.
That's true

If it was going to be in the Full House pack permanently, that's when a refund would be due.
Old 20-07-2018, 17:25   #1452
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

It's interesting that they used the word "if" the UKTV channels were removed when talking about these new low value channels being added. I wonder if this means that they won't launch in the unlikely event that the matter is resolved or that they will be added in any case, but not using the old UKTV EPG slots??

Quote:
Its strange that Virgin always stated it takes time to get channels on their platform because negotiations and agreements take time and then suddenly its Bobs your uncle as because of a negotiation breakdown they suddenly produce a whole plethora of them before you can say Jack Robinson.
Very true Den. People have been asking for the Freeview channels for years and some channels available in the ROI were not extended to the UK.

Now, when VM want to try and fill the gaps that will be appearing in the EPG, they are made available with no problem whatsoever!

I suspect that some of the poorer Freeview channels have been given a special deal to enable them to get on board ;-) Given that VM look to be running out of capacity again, this deal may include a clause that they won't be added should UKTV remain on air.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 20-07-2018 at 17:29.
Old 20-07-2018, 18:01   #1453
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Premier Sports will be free to Virgin customers for 8 weeks.

Was free now gone again - not quite your 8 weeks!

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
It's on Virgin's update, Max

"We will also be making the Premier Sports HD channel available to all TV customers initially for two months with no additional subscription required. This will mean our customers can enjoy all of the football matches from the International Champions Cup, which features the best six teams in the English Premier League and many of the top European teams. This weekend both Manchester City and Liverpool will face Dortmund and Bayern Munich will take on Paris Saint-Germain. Alongside the football many other gripping sporting events are available on Premier Sports – from every Pro 14 Rugby game to NHL ice hockey matches."

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/tvupdate.html
Well I can't get premier sports - only a message to upgrade my subscription.

What is going on?
Old 20-07-2018, 18:06   #1454
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

I think the free period of Premier Sport HD only starts from Sunday. I had it for a while last night on channel 551 but it disappeared again and the you are not subscribed message popped up.

And reading the VM blurb about the loss of UKTV channels and the info on the new channels it lists Premier Sport HD at channel 127. If you go to channel 127 (which is Dave i believe) a pop up comes up saying it will be replaced by Premier Sport HD. So whether it will be on 2 EPG numbers ??
Old 20-07-2018, 18:13   #1455
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Some interesting wording in the latest press release about Premier Sports HD being free to all Virgin TV customers for two months 'initially'...

'All Virgin TV customers will be able to watch Premier Sports in high-definition on channel 551 and temporarily on 127.'

It suggests that the channels going on to the slots currently occupied by UKTV channels will be in addition to their own slots on a temporary basis, which means that IF they get them back in future they will be able to go back where they were or Virgin Media can sell them off to the highest bidder like with E4 taking the old BBC Three slot.
Closed Thread