Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1gig Rollout getting faster

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

1gig Rollout getting faster

Old 10-10-2021, 11:07   #361
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Can you please not post such large images - they distort the page when viewing on a tablet.
forget your tablet, it has put a scroll bar on my pc
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2021, 11:34   #362
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
forget your tablet, it has put a scroll bar on my pc
Pfft to both of you, fine for me on both my 4k monitor with 150% scaling and my 1440p monitor with 100% scaling. Websites that are a tiny column in the middle of the screen are more annoying.

What's the widest image allowed? A max-width css property could be set to limit images to that size if desired.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:56   #363
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

When i upload images which i want people to look at and appreciate (e.g. the SFX magazine covers) i resize to 800 horizontal so it is large without being too large.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:59   #364
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Got an email Thursday saying Bingham (Notts) now has the 1Gig.

I'm in contract for another 12 months and to be honest I think all my hardware would struggle to really make the most of it anyway.
If they decide the UO bundle becomes the norm then fair enough but not going to forking out anymore just now.
Nice to know it's there ready to go if my situation changes though
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:08   #365
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I had an email on Friday saying it's now available in my area.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:20   #366
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post

I'm in contract for another 12 months and to be honest I think all my hardware would struggle to really make the most of it anyway.
If they decide the UO bundle becomes the norm then fair enough but not going to forking out anymore just now.
I was told it will cost me an extra £1/month when it’s available. For a quid I reckon it’s worth it.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 16:38   #367
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Now available on the Basildon hub. Unfortunately I don’t want to pay an extra £32pm on top of the £79 oomph so it’s not available to me.
Bit steep. Wouldn’t budge. Just tried to sell me homeworks instead.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 17:09   #368
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfruit View Post
Now available on the Basildon hub. Unfortunately I don’t want to pay an extra £32pm on top of the £79 oomph so it’s not available to me.
Bit steep. Wouldn’t budge. Just tried to sell me homeworks instead.
Seems like virgin won't budge on the £111 for UO + gig1
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 20:12   #369
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
And, lets say someone did steal the hub site equipment.....

Who are they going to sell DOCSIS3.1 head end equipment to? ....Virgin?
The CMTS Cards a few years back were being stolen, no idea where they ended up or being sold to
Old 11-10-2021, 20:35   #370
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
Given that many VM sites are pretty obvious, and a load of offices that could well be hub sites? are listed on the website, how many copper thefts has the secrecy policy prevented?
I used to work in a building next door to the Nottingham site (it was still NTL then).

Amusingly, its still called "Diamond Plaza", from the days 20+ years ago when it started life as Diamond Cable.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 21:04   #371
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I used to work in a building next door to the Nottingham site (it was still NTL then).

Amusingly, its still called "Diamond Plaza", from the days 20+ years ago when it started life as Diamond Cable.
https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...-media-5823540

It’ll Probably change a bit soon…
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 08:37   #372
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

And before Diamond Cable, I used to work close to the Rediffusion building in Sherwood.

---------- Post added at 07:37 ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post

I was on chat a couple of weeks ago and I was told that it's not available yet in Nottingham. I did a post code check of my old house in Daybrook which is half a mile away and it's available there but not here yet in Arnold.
Old 13-10-2021, 19:56   #373
General Maximus
Ran Away

Just had another email saying there is a planned outage on this coming Tuesday s we will see what comes of it. The clock is ticking and time is running out.
Old 14-10-2021, 15:08   #374
Lee
cf.addict

Lee is on a distinguished roadLee is on a distinguished road

I've had a few of those messages of the last months and its still not available in Huddersfield.

So don't hold your breath !
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 21:12   #375
Night-Owl
cf.member

Night-Owl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All, I got my 1gb today and want to get full speed to a computer with a 2.5gb port. I am thinking the Netgear RAX120 could bond 2 ports from the Virgin router for me and output full speed to my computer via CAT6. Has anyone had any experience doing this with the RAX120 before I buy one ?. Also can I choose any 2 Ports from the Virgin Router or does it need to be a specific 2. Thank you for any help you can give.
Night-Owl is offline   Reply With Quote