Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 15:51   #1096
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
You're like me, even though we may not share same views, we have a need to research stuff before jumping on a hysteria bandwagon.

I never got the Hillary email thing in the beginning until, I too, looked in to the issue deeper.

The problem is, Hillary Clinton did not help herself during her testimony, she is said to have lied under oath that she did not send or receive classified material through her own email server, yet FBI Director James Comey said there was was such emails found.

Because of her high position in Government and tenure as US Secretary of State, she was in receipt and sending of, Top Secret and classified emails. But in her absent mind, was sending and receiving them through her own private email server, that was a unsecured system, a system that was said to be running from a bathroom closet by the private company she was using.

In the following youtube clip showing her testimony, which she gave under oath which highlights she lied under that oath, about her saying she had not sent and received classified emails through her private server and at about 2 minutes 30 seconds in on this clip, James Comey said she did otherwise.

So you hate Hillary because she lied? Dude, all politicians lie especially the one you find no fault with, a certain Mr Trump.

BTW, you ignored Stuart's point:

Quote:
Note: Hillary is far from the only person that has done this. There is also the small matter of the 2 million or so email that vanished from the Republican National Congress server during the last Bush government (something which, oddly, the Republicans forgot to mention when criticising Hillary).
Care to comment?
Old 06-04-2017, 16:07   #1097
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
So you hate Hillary because she lied? Dude, all politicians lie especially the one you find no fault with, a certain Mr Trump.
No, I hate her for far more reasons than just her lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99
BTW, you ignored Stuart's point:

Care to comment?
No I didn't ignore it and no.
Old 06-04-2017, 16:54   #1098
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39515098#

Quote:
The head of a key US congressional investigation into alleged Russian hacking has temporarily stepped down amid an ethics inquiry into him.
House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes is now himself under investigation by the House Ethics Committee.
The panel is looking into claims that the Republican disclosed classified intelligence.
What is going on within the White House? Why would a Congressman behave like this?
Old 06-04-2017, 18:00   #1099
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Utter rubbish on both accounts. He did not deliver on healthcare at all. I don't call tripling bills a better system at all and neither do my American friends who says he lied and made it worse! As for the economy, the debt doubled under his Administration.
http://time.com/money/4503325/obama-...sts-obamacare/
Quote:
During the first quarter of 2008, 14.6% of Americans did not have health insurance coverage, according to a Gallup poll. The uninsured rate spiked to an all-time high of 18% in the third quarter of 2013—after the Affordable Care Act was passed, but before people were required to have insurance. By the first quarter of 2016, the uninsured rate had fallen to 11%, per the latest Gallup numbers.

In terms of raw numbers, a 2012 CDC survey reported that an estimated 45.5 million Americans were uninsured at the time the study was conducted. The ranks of uninsured Americans were down to 36 million in 2014, falling further to 28.6 million in 2015. Data has not yet been released for 2016, but the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services announced earlier this year that some 20 million Americans—including 6.1 million young adults ages 19 to 25—have gained health insurance since the Affordable Care Act was passed in 2010.
Quote:
In 2008, the average employer-sponsored family plan cost a total of $12,680, with employees footing $3,354 of the bill, according to Kaiser data. By 2016, the cost of the average employer family plan was up to $18,142 for the year, with workers picking up $5,277 of the tab.

These increased costs for employers and employees alike may seem steep—up around 50% over the past eight years—but they could have risen far higher had the Affordable Care Act never passed. The Kaiser study shows that average family premiums rose 20% from 2011 to 2016. That rate of increase is actually much lower than the previous five years (up 31% from 2006 to 2011) and the five years before that (up 63% from 2001 to 2006).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 06-04-2017, 18:06   #1100
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post

What is going on within the White House? Why would a Congressman behave like this?

Because the liberal media (CNN etc.) want to focus solely on the alleged Russia/Trump Collusion, which has yet to be proved one way or the other, and completely ignore the surveillance/unmasking issue, the full facts of which, have still to come out.

Trump is threatening some of the 'liberal' aims of the Democrats; Sanctuary cities, Bathroom Laws, high numbers of immigration, Planned Parenthood, Border control with Mexico, appointing non liberal Supreme Court Judges his support for Israel etc. There is a battle going on, just as there is over Hard and Soft Brexit in the UK.
Old 06-04-2017, 18:39   #1101
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
No, I hate her for far more reasons than just her lies.

No I didn't ignore it and no.
that's a novel debating technique you got there Mick,ignore or refuse to debate the questions that show the Republicans or Trump in a bad light .

Old 06-04-2017, 18:40   #1102
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Because the liberal media (CNN etc.) want to focus solely on the alleged Russia/Trump Collusion, which has yet to be proved one way or the other, and completely ignore the surveillance/unmasking issue, the full facts of which, have still to come out.

Trump is threatening some of the 'liberal' aims of the Democrats; Sanctuary cities, Bathroom Laws, high numbers of immigration, Planned Parenthood, Border control with Mexico, appointing non liberal Supreme Court Judges his support for Israel etc. There is a battle going on, just as there is over Hard and Soft Brexit in the UK.
It's a conspiracy I tell you! "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me"
Old 06-04-2017, 18:42   #1103
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

So it's the 'liberal media' that forces senators and WH staff to behave like they are behaving then

Old 06-04-2017, 18:51   #1104
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Nunes has recused himself because he essentially lost the confidence of the committee, which still contains Republicans, after he went straight the White House when he 'discovered' the FISA warrant intercepts might have contained records from members of the Trump transition team. It's meant to be a independent and bi-partisan committee. The Senate one for example has been a lot more professional.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Quote:
Utter rubbish on both accounts. He did not deliver on healthcare at all. I don't call tripling bills a better system at all and neither do my American friends who says he lied and made it worse! As for the economy, the debt doubled under his Administration.
Many Democrats would agree the rising premiums are a problem. It's certainly not perfect. However many people before couldn't afford it at all. More Americans have health insurance, people with pre-existing conditions can no longer be denied coverage and all insurances have to meet a basic standard of coverage rather than trying to screw over their clients. That to me, and presumably to the Americans who now have coverage, is an improvement.

If it was such a failure then it would be easier to overturn but it turns out Americans like some of Obamacare if not the recent premium rise. Trump has he would make it cheaper, not remove people's insurance, and that is quite difficult.
Old 06-04-2017, 19:41   #1105
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
that's a novel debating technique you got there Mick,ignore or refuse to debate the questions that show the Republicans or Trump in a bad light .
Wrong again, I just could not give a toss about what happened during the Bush Administration.

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

All well and good but I'll stick with my views and those of my American friends that Obamacare was and is crap.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Quote:

Nothing to do with the WH what happens in congress, separate entity.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Many Democrats would agree the rising premiums are a problem. It's certainly not perfect. However many people before couldn't afford it at all. More Americans have health insurance, people with pre-existing conditions can no longer be denied coverage and all insurances have to meet a basic standard of coverage rather than trying to screw over their clients. That to me, and presumably to the Americans who now have coverage, is an improvement.

If it was such a failure then it would be easier to overturn but it turns out Americans like some of Obamacare if not the recent premium rise. Trump has he would make it cheaper, not remove people's insurance, and that is quite difficult.
My friends would disagree, Obama lied about being able to keep your own doctor. Many Americans have been forced to change doctors. It is a totally dire system that is getting more and more expensive. That's more households with huge increases per month, some families having to find $900+ extra per month. I'm just relaying what my American pals are telling me. They say in America profit is put first before patient welfare and it's been this way for a long time.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Looks like the Republicans have gone Nuclear and changed the rules to get Trump's Supreme Court pick confirmed by Friday.

http://news.sky.com/story/republican...-pick-10827658
Old 06-04-2017, 20:00   #1106
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

It's a fresh blow for Donald Trump. Not my wise words, but those of The Times. It points out:
Quote:
Republican House Intelligence Committee chairman, Devin Nunes, a Trump ally who served on his transition team, has been criticised for his handling of the inquiry, which includes looking into whether members of Mr Trump’s campaign colluded with Russians.
He now faces an ethics investigation over claims that he improperly disclosed classified information.
(Subscription: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/w...-out-lrmft0vpx)

The Nunes situation is not great for Trump. However, Trump seems to have learnt that employing a peddlar of fake news in a position of power is not a sensible idea and so put Steve Bannon out of his misery by removing him from the National Security Council.
Old 06-04-2017, 20:26   #1107
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
My friends would disagree, Obama lied about being able to keep your own doctor. Many Americans have been forced to change doctors. It is a totally dire system that is getting more and more expensive. That's more households with huge increases per month, some families having to find $900+ extra per month. I'm just relaying what my American pals are telling me. They say in America profit is put first before patient welfare and it's been this way for a long time.
I am sure they would and there are clearly problems with Obamacare. I am glad we don't live in a system that puts profit so central to the goal of providing healthcare. The bills are outrageous and even with insurance that fact you have to deal with paper work, insurance claims and so on whilst dealing with illness is inhumane.

I think though Obamacare is a step towards a better system. More people have coverage and you can get it for pre-existing conditions. They need to do more to bring down the cost but I can't see the Republicans allowing more state funding or more intervention on the healthcare 'market'. The Freedom Caucus wanted everything cut drastically for example.

If we take Trump's desire to ensure 'everyone' has healthcare but cheaper then he has the wrong congress.

Quote:
Looks like the Republicans have gone Nuclear and changed the rules to get Trump's Supreme Court pick confirmed by Friday.

[url]http://news.sky.com/story/republicans-use-nuclear-option-to-clear-way-for-confirmation-of-trump-supreme-court-pick-10827658
Got to wonder where this will end. The Republicans were wrong to refuse Obama's pick even a hearing in over a year, the Democrats are wrong to respond by refusing to vote to confirm Trump's nominee in revenge, the Republicans are wrong to get rid of a tactic they've been more than happy to use is response. The cycle will ever end.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Wow. Looks like Trump's foreign policy has now changed to action in Syria to remove Assad. Waiting for a proper news story.
Old 06-04-2017, 20:35   #1108
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Wow. Looks like Trump's foreign policy has now changed to action in Syria to remove Assad. Waiting for a proper news story.
I'm hearing Pentagon officials have approached the White House to consider military options in Syria and it looks tonight as if the Russians are now starting to distance themselves from Assad by basically saying their support for his regime is not unconditional.
Old 06-04-2017, 20:47   #1109
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

We'll see. It's a pretty big shift if the US is going to intervene in Syria.
Old 07-04-2017, 00:20   #1110
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Yup, looking more possible by the minute.
Quote:
The Pentagon is in detailed discussions with the White House about military options on Syria, according to a US official.
This could include grounding aircraft used by Syrian President Bashar al Assad's forces, the official cited by the Reuters news agency added, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Such options would also include using cruise missiles, allowing the US to strike targets without putting piloted aircraft in the skies above Syria.
http://news.sky.com/story/white-hous...syria-10827749
Closed Thread